Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
(07-31-2019, 03:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No. That's the same injury and surgery Eifert had, and they claimed that he might only miss one or two games... his first game back was week 8. If Green doesn't recover faster than Eifert did then he will miss the whole season.

Meanwhile they will still use his return as a positive for ticket sales.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 03:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No. That's the same injury and surgery Eifert had, and they claimed that he might only miss one or two games... his first game back was week 8. If Green doesn't recover faster than Eifert did then he will miss the whole season.

You are just making stuff up now.

Eifert was injured 8 months before the season started. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are just making stuff up now.

Eifert was injured 8 months before the season started. 

What did I makeup? Eifert had the same surgery for his grade 3 sprain in May. The same surgery and injury that Green has. There were reports right before the season started that Eifert might miss a couple of games. He missed about half of the season....

If Eifert missed half of the season when he had a longer time to recover why is it so crazy to think that Green would have about the same time table to recover also?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yea, I have to agree with Brownshoe. It's not like we haven't read this script before.

Eifert is fair game in trying to get a grasp on how long Green will be out.

Price on the other hand missed 8 weeks and I cant remember if he had surgery or not (or if it was an ankle or he broke his foot come to think about it).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What did I makeup? Eifert had the same surgery for his grade 3 sprain in May. The same surgery and injury that Green has. There were reports right before the season started that Eifert might miss a couple of games. He missed about half of the season....

If Eifert missed half of the season when he had a longer time to recover why is it so crazy to think that Green would have about the same time table to recover also?

Recovery depends on if its a partial tear or full tear and which ligament.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Recovery depends on if its a partial tear or full tear and which ligament.

Grade 3 is a full tear, just like Eifert. It's a low ankle sprain, just like Eiferts, so it's not that big of an assumption that it's the same exact injury. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Grade 3 is a full year, just like Eifert. It's a low ankle sprain, just like Eiferts, so it's not that big of an assumption that it's the same exact injury. 

Yea no one has called it a grade 3 yet. They cleaned it out through a minor surgery and calling for an early return so I would guess it's only a grade 2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Green could pull a Ronnie Lott and just cut the foot off. Play with a stump
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Recovery depends on if its a partial tear or full tear and which ligament.

What everyone seems to forget is the one person that this injury effects the most, AJ. He came back early last year before he was truly healed and missed games. If he comes back early again then he stands to lose millions in new contract money. If I am him I wait until I am totally sure before risking my future. If the Bengals want him to help this year they need to step up and offer a contract with guaranteed money which equals what the franchise tag would be. He deserves that from a team he has been loyal to for his whole career. Without a contract from the Bengals I would surely wait.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What did I makeup? Eifert had the same surgery for his grade 3 sprain in May. The same surgery and injury that Green has. There were reports right before the season started that Eifert might miss a couple of games. He missed about half of the season....

He also had a back injury unrelated to said ankle injury that kept him out an additional 4 weeks.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea no one has called it a grade 3 yet. They cleaned it out through a minor surgery and calling for an early return so I would guess it's only a grade 2.

It's been reported he has torn ligaments aka grade 3

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/28/aj-green-torn-ligaments-ankle-out-bengals
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 08:35 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He also had a back injury unrelated to said ankle injury that kept him out an additional 4 weeks.

I forgot about the back injury, but according to this site it was only an addition 2 weeks.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/tyler-eifert/6680

He still had that surgery for his ankle 2 months before Green did. I don't see Green on the field for at least half of the season.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 08:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's been reported he has torn ligaments aka grade 3

It still can be partial vs. complete torn.  Also, it may be a partially torn medial ligament, not all three ligaments.  We are not certain of anything at this point because details are limited and it seems to change.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 08:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I forgot about the back injury, but according to this site it was only an addition 2 weeks.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/tyler-eifert/6680

He still had that surgery for his ankle 2 months before Green did. I don't see Green on the field for at least half of the season.

He was originally supposed to be back by the Dallas game he injured his back. 
I remember they wanted to play him against Miami but since it was a Thursday night game they decided to give him the extra game off. 
So if it's the same injury week 4 is a likely scenario for Green to comeback.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 07:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Grade 3 is a full year, just like Eifert. It's a low ankle sprain, just like Eiferts, so it's not that big of an assumption that it's the same exact injury. 

Return to competition from a Grade III ankle sprain is usually 6-8 weeks with or without surgery, not one year.

AJ's ankle was everted and rotated when Kirkpatrick landed on it. This mechanism of injury would result in a medial ankle sprain most likely involving the deltoid ligament. Since this only accounts for about 5% of ankle sprains, there is a 95% chance this isn't the same type of ankle sprain that Eifert suffered.

Edited to add: Well, upon further digging . . .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2016/8/9/12405442/tyler-eifert-recovery-timetable-could-be-longer-than-thought

Crap.

(07-31-2019, 07:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea no one has called it a grade 3 yet. They cleaned it out through a minor surgery and calling for an early return so I would guess it's only a grade 2.

No one came out and reported Eifert had a Grade III ankle sprain, either, which is the main reason why fans were wondering why it was taking so long for him to recover from a sprain.

The usually return to competition from a Grade II ankle sprain is 2-4 weeks. Surgery isn't indicated for a Grade II sprain because the risks outweigh the benefits and the prognosis goes from 2-4 weeks to 6-8 weeks for AJ. The prognosis indicates it wasn't a simple clean out. That's a lie. They did a ligament repair.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 11:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He was originally supposed to be back by the Dallas game he injured his back. 
I remember they wanted to play him against Miami but since it was a Thursday night game they decided to give him the extra game off. 
So if it's the same injury week 4 is a likely scenario for Green to comeback.

Eifert injured his ankle in January, had surgery in May, wasn't ready to play until Week 4. Or 8 months regardless of the back injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 12:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Return to competition  from a Grade III ankle sprain is usually 6-8 weeks with or without surgery, not one year.

AJ's ankle was everted and rotated when Kirkpatrick landed on it. This mechanism of injury would result in a medial ankle sprain most likely involving the deltoid ligament. Since this only accounts for about 5% of ankle sprains, there is a 95% chance this isn't the same type of ankle sprain that Eifert suffered.

Edited to add:  Well, upon further digging . . .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2016/8/9/12405442/tyler-eifert-recovery-timetable-could-be-longer-than-thought

Crap.

No one came out and reported Eifert had a Grade III ankle sprain, either, which is the main reason why fans were wondering why it was taking so long for him to recover from a sprain.

The usually return to competition from a Grade II ankle sprain is 2-4 weeks. Surgery isn't indicated for a Grade II sprain because the risks outweigh the benefits and the prognosis goes from 2-4 weeks to 6-8 weeks for AJ. The prognosis indicates it wasn't a simple clean out. That's a lie. They did a ligament repair.

lol auto correct. I meant to say "Grade 3 is a full TEAR" auto correct must have thought it was better to say year...

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if Green was out all season still. I would be surprised if he came back before week 9. I'm just basing this off of what Eifert went through. Hopefully the grade 3 sprain wasn't as bad as Eiferts and Green can recover a lot faster.

I was really excited to see what Dalton, Green, Mixon, Eifert, and Boyd could do. Even behind a bad OL.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 04:18 PM)Trademark Wrote: I’m at the training camp in Dayton and he’s being helped off the field

Seen this before, sucks, others will have to step up. Makes me even happier we signed Boyd and drafted Sample.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2019, 02:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seen this before, sucks, others will have to step up. Makes me even happier we signed Boyd and drafted Sample.

Same. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of two tight end setups, not only to support the run but for Zac's love of PA. If we can be even remotely successful without AJ that'll be really scary when he comes back. Hell, if we can go the first few games without really missing him too much, it might give him more time to rest. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2019, 08:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's been reported he has torn ligaments aka grade 3

Incorrect:

Grade 2: You have a partial tear in the ligament. This causes prolonged pain and swelling. It might prevent you from putting your full weight on the ankle. You may also notice bruising. This is because the tear has caused bleeding under your skin.
Reply/Quote