Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
(07-30-2019, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Better to laugh than cry...

True, but it wasn't funny.

(07-30-2019, 12:45 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: C'mon. That was actually funny. 

Absolutely wasn't.

You can only beat a dead horse so much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
NFL Network was saying this morning that AJ wouldn't require surgery and that he wasn't ruled out for week 1 yet.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 11:25 AM)Synric Wrote: NFL Network was saying this morning that AJ wouldn't require surgery and that he wasn't ruled out for week 1 yet.

Excuse me, sir? You're in the wrong thread. This is the thread where everyone assumes that AJ Green will never play another game for the Bengals. Get that positivity and actual reporting out of here.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 12:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Excuse me, sir? You're in the wrong thread. This is the thread where everyone assumes that AJ Green will never play another game for the Bengals. Get that positivity and actual reporting out of here.  Sarcasm

... and that he narrowly avoided an amputation <_<
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
First, Taylor apologized for delivering what he called false news and when was the last time you heard that no matter the century? He had said after Sunday’s practice that he’d have more news on A.J. Green’s left ankle on Monday, but he didn’t because they’re checking with doctors to find out if he needs surgery for his torn ligaments or if he can rehab them back without undergoing the knife.

“It’ll be tomorrow, OK. Hopefully I won’t be telling you it’s the next day,” Taylor said. “We just want some clarification from another doctor and then we’ll be good to go. Apologize for giving y’all false news yesterday, but I expect to have better news tomorrow.”

The best news would be no surgery but, Taylor is right, any news would be nice. All he could talk about on Green Monday was comparing the scooter ferrying him around the locker room to the one that linebackers coach Tem Lukabu uses while recovering from knee surgery for a torn patella tendon.
Reply/Quote

I wonder if that is the surgery they did for Tua when he sprained his ankle real bad? It got him back on the field far before anyone thought possible.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 01:57 PM)Au165 Wrote:
I wonder if that is the surgery they did for Tua when he sprained his ankle real bad? It got him back on the field far before anyone thought possible.

Hmm, didn't Eifert get a minor-to-clean-it-out not a big deal surgery after his pro bowl injury?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, didn't Eifert get a minor-to-clean-it-out not a big deal surgery after his pro bowl injury?

Yeah but then he hurt his back and had to miss I believe 4 to 5 additional weeks
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 02:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yeah but then he hurt his back and had to miss I believe 4 to 5 additional weeks

True.  The problem with Eifert is that he has a lot of normal injuries before/during/after his freak accident injuries.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 01:57 PM)Au165 Wrote:

I'm not a doctor, I believe in rub some dirt on it, but what is there to clean out after a sprain? 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 02:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not a doctor, I believe in rub some dirt on it, but what is there to clean out after a sprain? 

I am kind of thinking it is the new tightrope surgery, but who knows. Tightrope is a newer surgery for high ankle sprains, it only takes 25 minutes so I'd call it a minor surgery. Not sure if clean up is a good description though.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 02:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote:  but what is there to clean out after a sprain? 

A professional athlete's bank account.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eifert is a guy that defenses have to focus on.

Why? So they don't trip over him as he lays on the ground broken.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 02:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not a doctor, I believe in rub some dirt on it, but what is there to clean out after a sprain? 

The "minor" surgery would imply removing loose cartilage via ankle arthroscopy.  It also supports grade "2" strain and closer to the 6 week mark.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
AJ green has surgery to repair tendons. WTH is that. They still say he will be back in 6-8 weeks. Do yo think the Bengals hide injuries to keep fans from abandoning ticket sales?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A professional athlete's bank account.

no L&I claims? 
Reply/Quote
Yeah. The Bengals hid Greens injury by reporting to the media that he is having surgery.

That makes a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah.  The Bengals hid Greens injury by reporting to the media that he is having surgery.

That makes a lot of sense.

The possibility of him returning before the week two game would incentive to keep info from the fans. If you don't believe AJ helps sell tickets you are badly mistaken. MB is like your local used car dealer. If he tells you the problems after the sale its buyer beware.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 05:49 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The possibility of him returning before the week two game would incentive to keep info from the fans. If you don't believe AJ helps sell tickets you are badly mistaken. MB is like your local used car dealer. If he tells you the problems after the sale its buyer beware.

Not sure what your point is.  I 100% agree that Green helps sell tickets.  

I am just not seeing the Bengals hiding any injuries.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2019, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, didn't Eifert get a minor-to-clean-it-out not a big deal surgery after his pro bowl injury?

Give Bengals and Green credit. They got him diagnosed and surgery within 4 days of the injury.

They do nothing and he needs surgery 6 weeks from now and the attacks would be relentless.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote