Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
I just lowered my already pessimistic low expectations for this year. I had us at 4 wins, I just lowered that to 2 wins.
The way this franchise is cursed, AJ is as good as retired.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Mike Brown will reward Green with a contract extension.  I don't know what the Patriots would do. I do not know what a good organization would do because I am a Cincinnati fan.  Say What  

They stuck with Gronk through many injuries until he retired. 
Reply/Quote
AJ hurt?....is Brandon Tate available? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:04 PM)Wyche Wrote:  We gotta make a sacrifice at the altar of one Vincent Edward "Bo" Jackson.....

This team is a shit storm, changes be damned.

And the storm has nothing to do with Bo Jackson. It's name is....Mike Brown.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 07:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Last year, I bought a freaken black long sleeve shirt at Rural King to wear under my Bengals Jersey. We were 4-1 the Saturday when I bought it. Well, I wore it and they lost. I wore it the next week and they lost. I said hey, this shirt sucks. Soooo, I wore a different shirt underneath and they won. Then I reasoned with myself and said, "It's not the shirt dumbass. Stop being superstitious." 

So I wore it again, they lost. And again, they lost. So then I decided not to wear it anymore. They kept losing. The shirt took over and the football devil came through it. Then, week before last I wore it at night because I had the AC up to high (not turning it down either cause, well, it has to be antartica when I go to bed). Wore it 4 nights in a row, had the shittiest week I've had in a long time. So, either A. I'm going to burn the shirt, or B. I'm could donate it. Option C. would be giving it to either a Browns or Steelers fan. I prefer Steelers fan because Browns are just a story.

Either way, I gotta get rid of that shirt!

Nah, don't sweat it.  We've firmly established that the fate of this team wrests solely on grampahol's decision to go fishing.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 09:24 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I just lowered my already pessimistic low expectations for this year.  I had us at 4 wins, I just lowered that to 2 wins.  
The way this franchise is cursed, AJ is as good as retired.

No way a team with AJ Green, Boyd, Mixon, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap, Jackson, Bates, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard win 2 games. Not even 4.

I get pessimism, but I think the floor is 5-6 wins. The ceiling is 10 or so. They'll probably win 7-8.

Green sprained his ankle. If it's going to happen in camp, you want it to happen early so he can recover.
Reply/Quote
if its not a toe its an ankle or a foot.....maybe time to let the lease expire...
Reply/Quote
I suspect John Ross had something to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 07:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Reports say it is just a sprain, but he is getting an MRI nonetheless...

The NFL hands out MRIs the way the Army hands out Motrin.
Reply/Quote
BooDey
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 07:54 PM)pally Wrote: a bit of good news potentially

So was Eifert's. Jesus.

We need to know which ligament and what grade to determine a prognosis, but their not going to release that hiding behind HIPAA. But, just announcing he has an injury is a violation of HIPAA.
Reply/Quote
Man, I've questioned a lot of the team's decision making with regard to free agents and staffing, but even without that, their luck has been some shit.

I don't quite think that this team is a 3-4 win team if AJ Green and Andy Dalton are healthy. I think that if they can manage to stay on the field all year, they are probably at the least a 6 win roster. Maybe 8. Maybe more if a few things break their way, maybe less if the o-line is as atrocious as some of us believe it is.

All that said, without AJ, this team is done. It's a 3 win team. It's a tank for Tua year if he cannot stay on the field.

Have to hope against hope that this is something he can recover form before September starts.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 10:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way a team with AJ Green, Boyd, Mixon, Dalton, Atkins, Dunlap, Jackson, Bates, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard win 2 games. Not even 4.

I get pessimism, but I think the floor is 5-6 wins. The ceiling is 10 or so. They'll probably win 7-8.

Green sprained his ankle. If it's going to happen in camp, you want it to happen early so he can recover.

Yea, I'm just glad it's a low ankle sprain, hope he can be back by the 3rd preseason game, let's hope he'll be/stay healthy for the regular season. I'm much more concerned with his reoccurring "Turf Toe" problem.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 10:15 PM)Destro Wrote: I suspect John Ross had something to do with it.

Marvin wilted in big games. Zac Taylor wilts in practice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can save some money on Greens extension since he is becoming injury prone.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 10:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: if its not  a toe its an ankle or a foot.....maybe time to let the lease expire...

He's a top 3 receiver in the league, and you want to let the lease expire because he sprained his ankle? This board is really sad sometimes.....
Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's a top 3 receiver in the league, and you want to let the lease expire because he sprained his ankle? This board is really sad sometimes.....

AJ Green has not finished in the top 5 for Yards, Receptions or Touchdown once in the last 5 NFL seasons

And for his entire (Very good) career, He was top 5 in yards/Tds/Receptions ONE TIME - 2013  he was 5th in the league in Receiving Yards

But yes, He is a top 3 WR.  Our Fans are hilarious.  Just because you say something does not make it true
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:34 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Good Post

If making things up that are in no way accurate is a good post, then yes. It was a good post 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 10:39 AM)TopSix Wrote: AJ Green has not finished in the top 5 for Yards, Receptions or Touchdown once in the last 5 NFL seasons

And for his entire (Very good) career, He was top 5 in yards/Tds/Receptions ONE TIME - 2013  he was 5th in the league in Receiving Yards

But yes, He is a top 3 WR.  Our Fans are hilarious.   Just because you say something  does not make it true

You can't just look at stats, you have to look at what's going on around the offense as well. Did he have a credible threat on the other side of the field, or a decent tight end to take some pressure off of him? No. Everyone knew Andy was going to have to force it to Green, and he still comes up with it. He's top 3 without a doubt. He just has had a harder work load. 
Reply/Quote