Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
(07-27-2019, 06:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So, what is the right move then? What would a good organization do?

Mike Brown will reward Green with a contract extension.  I don't know what the Patriots would do. I do not know what a good organization would do because I am a Cincinnati fan.  Say What  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The good thing is that unlike OT there's a lot of good WRs available.

I hope AJ is fine but I'm not counting on anything this year.

Find a good WR when a Bengal is injured? Didn't the city counsel outlaw such moves years ago? Heck, Mike Brown would get arrested for that!  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:51 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Ross missed all of mini camp with hamstring tightness and he's out again with tightness on day one of training which is concerning, hamstring injuries are tricky and seem to  be a year long thing players deal with. I feel like this might be a year long thing or I could see him hurting his hamstring his first rep back and missing half the season.

It's part of Ross's contract. Miss half of TC over [insert injury here] every season. Missing entire season = BIG extension.. Ninja

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So, what is the right move then? What would a good organization do?

The right move is to relax.

He’s under contract this year.

Next year If he’s shown top 5 production, then it’s easy. Franchise him for another year

He’s too old to be giving a new 3-4 year deal too

And he’s been injured a lot.

You can’t pay for past performance.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone know why Price is sitting out of practice?  WTH.   Freakout

[b]Paul Dehner Jr.[/b]

Both OL Billy Price and LS Clark Harris are surprise additions to the NFI list. They can come off at any time but injury wasn’t sustained playing football with the #Bengals. Soooo, we shall see what’s going on there.

From Paul Dehner Jr. Twitter , He's probably out for the season lol. Says he didn't get hurt playing football which is interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A sprain is a freak injury, but yes AJ has been getting to the point the last few years where he's definitely getting dinged up more.

His play hasn't declined that I can see though.

I'd probably try to extend him for 2-3 years, but nothing longer.

I think that the answer depends on what they can sign him for and the guaranteed money. I wish that trades happened more frequently in the NFL because I think getting a return plus spending that money elsewhere would be the best route. Again, I know how great AJ has been in the past. His projections have to be a decline. On paper, what will his output to money be like? Will there be much value there or is being sentimental more important than winning? Just questions!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Mike Brown will reward Green with a contract extension.  I don't know what the Patriots would do. I do not know what a good organization would do because I am a Cincinnati fan.  Say What  

I feel your pain! It’s year long for me, Bengals and Reds.
Reply/Quote
I know AJ's injury history is becoming a hot topic and everyone likes quoting how many games he's missed over the last few years, but let's not forget that the Bengals shut him down in both 2016 (when he was VERY vocal about wanting to come back and play) and in 2017 not because he wasn't able to play, but because they were out of it and there was no real point in it.

Now obviously this really sucks, but hopefully the early news proves correct and it's not as serious as we all probably feared it was. If there's one guy on the Bengals that I'm a-ok with missing the entire offseason, it's AJ, and maybe in the long run avoiding the wear-and-tear now sets him up for a stronger December than we've seen in awhile.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:33 PM)TopSix Wrote: The right move is to relax.

He’s under contract this year.

Next year If he’s shown top 5 production, then it’s easy. Franchise him for another year

He’s too old to be giving a new 3-4 year deal too

And he’s been injured a lot.

You can’t pay for past performance.

That sounds smart and reasonable. I’m thinking that he will get that long term deal though. I’m against that and it’s why I posed the question. That damn age thing sucks..
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:40 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: That sounds smart and reasonable. I’m thinking that he will get that long term deal though. I’m against that and it’s why I posed the question. That damn age thing sucks..

Yeah. He’s gonna be 31 in 3 days. Next year he will
Be 32

I only want aj green on this team for another 2 years
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Actually that isnt all that many OBJ has missed almost the exact same amount of games in his five year career as AJ has in his eight years.

No. That’s not correct.

Missing 22% of your teams games over a 5 year period is a lot of time to miss

You’re arguing against numbers and reality Deal w it
Reply/Quote
As long as the Bengals don't say he got "dinged". Getting DINGED as a Bengal is the exact same thing as permanent injury and retirement.. 

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sucks to hear, but Mixon says it doesn't look to be serious.  It's that time of year and guys get dinged.

Dinged is such an evil word. JW!

(07-27-2019, 05:40 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This is more of a question, so the homers don’t have to bash me too hard. Is it wise to extend AJ for the type of money that he will probably get? I love the guy, he seems like a really good person and he’s done a lot for the team. If he were a stock and not a person, wouldn’t he be at a prime sell point? Again, I’m just asking and yes, I know he’s been great. Votto was once great too! Yes, 2 different sports but you get the point. I feel like it’s gonna be a heart decision vs. a brain decision. Bad teams probably use their hearts more than their heads.

If he was a stock? Yes, I would sell. Some would say hold, but yes, I would sell.

(07-27-2019, 06:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone know why Price is sitting out of practice?  WTH.   Freakout

Fapping accident I suppose. Hard to tell? Since nobody will tell us anything, it's something that has to be kept secret. I would want that kept secret.

(07-27-2019, 06:39 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I know AJ's injury history is becoming a hot topic and everyone likes quoting how many games he's missed over the last few years, but let's not forget that the Bengals shut him down in both 2016 (when he was VERY vocal about wanting to come back and play) and in 2017 not because he wasn't able to play, but because they were out of it and there was no real point in it.

Now obviously this really sucks, but hopefully the early news proves correct and it's not as serious as we all probably feared it was. If there's one guy on the Bengals that I'm a-ok with missing the entire offseason, it's AJ, and maybe in the long run avoiding the wear-and-tear now sets him up for a stronger December than we've seen in awhile.

Possibly, but the TC helps to condition the player. ZT already said he was running practices to keep his guys fresh. Not sure what else he could do? IMO, if he is hurt on the first day, either he didnt stretch properly, or didnt stay in shape. Maybe both suggestions are wrong and its just his age catching up with him. But one has to wonder which? Damn, I turn an ankle just getting out of bed.

Reply/Quote
It has to be minor, it just has to be.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It has to be minor, it just has to be.

Reports say it is just a sprain, but he is getting an MRI nonetheless...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:04 PM)Wyche Wrote:  We gotta make a sacrifice at the altar of one Vincent Edward "Bo" Jackson.....

Last year, I bought a freaken black long sleeve shirt at Rural King to wear under my Bengals Jersey. We were 4-1 the Saturday when I bought it. Well, I wore it and they lost. I wore it the next week and they lost. I said hey, this shirt sucks. Soooo, I wore a different shirt underneath and they won. Then I reasoned with myself and said, "It's not the shirt dumbass. Stop being superstitious." 

So I wore it again, they lost. And again, they lost. So then I decided not to wear it anymore. They kept losing. The shirt took over and the football devil came through it. Then, week before last I wore it at night because I had the AC up to high (not turning it down either cause, well, it has to be antartica when I go to bed). Wore it 4 nights in a row, had the shittiest week I've had in a long time. So, either A. I'm going to burn the shirt, or B. I'm could donate it. Option C. would be giving it to either a Browns or Steelers fan. I prefer Steelers fan because Browns are just a story.

Either way, I gotta get rid of that shirt!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I want to point out that IF Green leaves in free agency, we'd be a much less potent offense. So yeah...there's that.

But if we cut him instead of letting him walk...

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So, what is the right move then? What would a good organization do?

Probably re-sign him, but nothing too long, and maybe heavy on goal based incentives.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Actually that isnt all that many OBJ has missed almost the exact same amount of games in his five year career as AJ has in his eight years.

Yeah, but OBJ is a creme puff...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
According to WR age history, AJ Green is supposed to be going downhill anyway, it's not like he was winning a championhship here. I think my 6-10 record now really rings true lol. We sort of ruined this guy's talent out of everyone else on the team the past X years.
Reply/Quote