AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sprained ankle they're saying. Probably miss the preseason.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:18 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Is there such a thing as a conditioner that specializes in feet? How many foot injuries does this make for Green in his career?

Unreal.

Maybe he should try Chad’s method and start soaking them in urine...

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Boyd and Ross and Mixon and hopefully Eifert should be enough to keep it from being a "may as well just stay home" kind of year.

If Ross can't pull any weight he's a bum.

lol I'm not counting on Eifert at all. Defenses will be able to shut down Boyd pretty easy when he has no one else out there helping him. Ross is going to have to prove it to me before I put any stock in him.
Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Sucks to hear, but Mixon says it doesn't look to be serious. It's that time of year and guys get dinged.
Reply/Quote
This is more of a question, so the homers don’t have to bash me too hard. Is it wise to extend AJ for the type of money that he will probably get? I love the guy, he seems like a really good person and he’s done a lot for the team. If he were a stock and not a person, wouldn’t he be at a prime sell point? Again, I’m just asking and yes, I know he’s been great. Votto was once great too! Yes, 2 different sports but you get the point. I feel like it’s gonna be a heart decision vs. a brain decision. Bad teams probably use their hearts more than their heads.
Reply/Quote
This doesn’t look good.appears more than just a sprained ankle.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:40 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This is more of a question, so the homers don’t have to bash me too hard. Is it wise to extend AJ for the type of money that he will probably get? I love the guy, he seems like a really good person and he’s done a lot for the team. If he were a stock and not a person, wouldn’t he be at a prime sell point? Again, I’m just asking and yes, I know he’s been great. Votto was once great too! Yes, 2 different sports but you get the point. I feel like it’s gonna be a heart decision vs. a brain decision. Bad teams probably use their hearts more than their heads.

What does it matter? It’s not like we will bring in expensive FA’s with the money we’d save if we don’t extend AJ. Might as well pay him. That’s the only time Mike Brown will spend big money. Boyd is locked up for 4 years, other than Mixon who will even be getting paid anytime soon? Maybe WJ3?

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

OMG! A HIPAA violation!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:40 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This is more of a question, so the homers don’t have to bash me too hard. Is it wise to extend AJ for the type of money that he will probably get? I love the guy, he seems like a really good person and he’s done a lot for the team. If he were a stock and not a person, wouldn’t he be at a prime sell point? Again, I’m just asking and yes, I know he’s been great. Votto was once great too! Yes, 2 different sports but you get the point. I feel like it’s gonna be a heart decision vs. a brain decision. Bad teams probably use their hearts more than their heads.

A sprain is a freak injury, but yes AJ has been getting to the point the last few years where he's definitely getting dinged up more.

His play hasn't declined that I can see though.

I'd probably try to extend him for 2-3 years, but nothing longer.
Reply/Quote
I want to point out that IF Green leaves in free agency, we'd be a much less potent offense. So yeah...there's that.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:22 PM)Trademark Wrote: Also Ross was sidelined of course

Ross missed all of mini camp with hamstring tightness and he's out again with tightness on day one of training which is concerning, hamstring injuries are tricky and seem to be a year long thing players deal with. I feel like this might be a year long thing or I could see him hurting his hamstring his first rep back and missing half the season.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This doesn’t look good.appears more than just a sprained ankle.

If they suspected it was more than a Grade I or II sprain they would already have him in one of those "precautionary" boots which aren't precautionary instead of a bag of ice ACE wrapped to his ankle. Like Eifert leaving the Pro Bowl in a precautionary boot.
Reply/Quote
He’s missed 16 regular seasons games and a Playoff game over the last 5 seasons.

17 times they have had to play without him over roughly 80 games

That’s a lot of missed games.
Reply/Quote
The good thing is that unlike OT there's a lot of good WRs available.

I hope AJ is fine but I'm not counting on anything this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 05:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does it matter? It’s not like we will bring in expensive FA’s with the money we’d save if we don’t extend AJ. Might as well pay him. That’s the only time Mike Brown will spend big money. Boyd is locked up for 4 years, other than Mixon who will even be getting paid anytime soon? Maybe WJ3?

So, what is the right move then? What would a good organization do?
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know why Price is sitting out of practice? WTH. Freakout
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:20 PM)TopSix Wrote: He’s missed 16 regular seasons games and a Playoff game over the last 5 seasons.

17 times they have had to play without him over roughly 80 games

That’s a lot of missed games.

Actually that isnt all that many OBJ has missed almost the exact same amount of games in his five year career as AJ has in his eight years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 06:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone know why Price is sitting out of practice?  WTH.   Freakout

He's on NFI
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote