Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
We’ve seen this story a million times don’t let them fool you. He’ll be gone till like week 6 or 7 we this organization we better hope Ross steps up and the rest of our team can avoid injuries
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Huge opportunity for Josh Malone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
6-8 weeks recovery is unrealistic IMO. It depends on gradient and which ligaments were "torn". It will also depend if surgery is required. Even if Green returns to play this season, there is over 50% chance re-injury occurs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10028133

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17260117
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 04:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Smh at least it isnt the whole season.

Absolutely idiotic for them to practice on that field period, let alone it being the very first one.

David J Chao
@Profootballdoc

On my review of the video, the primary cause of the injury was the defender falling on AJ Green's left ankle, not the turf conditions. This was a contact injury, not a non-contact one where player slipped or foot caught.
Reply/Quote
Sucks for A.J. seems like the Bengals have the worse injury luck. Anyways when you draft a WR 9th overall he should have the skill set to be a number 1 WR or the pick was a reach and the Bengals always preach best available. Time for John Ross to step up and play to where he was drafted. Ross doesn't have to completely carry the load because Boyd can take some pressure of him in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
sigh....

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well a sprained ankle is a torn ligament to some extent. The extent must be fairly severe for 6-8 week recovery.
Reply/Quote
His ligaments are just over reacting.
Reply/Quote
With Ross and our other WR's other than Boyd and Green being sketch, it may not be a bad time to add a WR.

Michael Crabtree looks to be the best free agent now that's healthy. Doug Baldwin, Garcon, Lafell, Martavis Bryant, Kelvin Benjamin are also out there.

Dez Bryant too but I doubt he's ready for the start of the season.

TO is a free agent too. :-)
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 04:56 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Sucks for A.J. seems like the Bengals have the worse injury luck. Anyways when you draft a WR 9th overall he should have the skill set to be a number 1 WR or the pick was a reach and the Bengals always preach best available. Time for John Ross to step up and play to where he was drafted.  Ross doesn't have to completely carry the load because Boyd can take some pressure of him in the passing game.

Yep. Went status quo on free agency and hoped that a new coach and health would be on our side and absolutely getting crushed with injuries.
Reply/Quote
Shoot for a return on primetime against the Steelers. Likely having to keep 7 receivers now will shake the roster up some.

We can still start 3-0 if the defense come back somewhere close to form.

Sucks for AJ. Receivers will be interesting to watch through camp/preseason. Is there anyone oustside of Boyd and Erickson that will answer? That'll be what I'll be watching for.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This link provides decent visuals. If Green has gradient 2 "Moderate" then he could return this season.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/sprained-ankle/

This second article is somewhat tedious and technical using meta-analysis studies. It explains rate of reoccurence based upon variable which include adherence, surgery, and other factors within a year interim.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3718986/
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If he does miss the whole season that would mean he has missed 33 of a possible 64 games. Looks like he may turn into Eifert 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2019, 04:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We have a curse. We have to figure a way to lift it. Let me drink on this for awhile, I'll think of something.

Thinking ZT may have to take a dip in the river.

Seemed to have worked in Cleveland.

Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 05:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If he does miss the whole season that would mean he has missed 33 of a possible 64 games. Looks like he may turn into Eifert 2.0.

He won't miss the whole season.

He'll be back in time to take us out of contention for the top pick in 2020, to pick 11 or so at the very least. Just out of range of an elite player.

Reply/Quote
I sprained an ankle once and thought it would last at least 6 months.. Turned out to last about 2 weeks..  I kicked my own car's door in anger over getting the water at home shut off.. I uhmmm..forgot car doors don't like to give much like typical fenders do. Anyway I went on to win the superbowl and world series single handedly that season and all was good.  ThumbsUp
And just in case you think, Pics or it didn't happen it was before camera's or even drawings were invented..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
At least the Tankin’ for Tua or Suckn’ for Justin plan will not seem as deliberate. So..... we have that.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I consider AJ one of, if the the, most talented WRs in the NFL. Folks always talk how how much better our QB would be elsewhere. How much better do we think AJ would be if he had one of the better QBs in the NFL throwing to him? Just look at the jump in Sanu's numbers once he went to ATL.

There's no doubt AJ Green is elite althletically. With a Ben or Ryan type QB, his numbers would be at least comparable to the 2 guys they have to throw to. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Just heard Boyd rip the condition of the stadium that supposedly the bengals staff deemed playable before they practiced what a joke
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote