Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green is franchised
THIS is Bengals biggest Free Agency move. Had AJ Green been a Free Agent he would have been one of the biggest names ever on the open market. Teams would have been in a bidding war to get him. However the Bengals spend 18 million dollars to keep AJ Green one more year. This gives Bengals time to talk to his agent about a longer contract. It gives Bengals Green, Boyd, Ross. Also Heisman Joe Burrow said he would like having AJ Green to throw to.

As for the Free Agents from other teams, the deals with Buffalo Bills 2 seasons ago never panned out. Both the LB and OT are gone after 2 awful seasons, worst in Bengals History. To say I doubt Mike Brown Family including Duck Tobin would be correct. I want to see these new add on's making plays and winning games before I praise the moves.

So keeping AJ Green one more year is Bengals biggest Free Agency move. Second would be keeping Andy Dalton, who Bengals still have and don't seem to be in any hurry to get rid of him. They do have the contract rights to him one more season. It could end up the biggest moves are the ones they don't make, keeping 30 to 40 million in payroll wrapped up in Green and Dalton.

So far, keeping Green is Bengals biggest move.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
$18 million is probably 4-5 million more than he would make in the open market this year (spotrac said he's only worth $9 million but I'd assume that would get bid up). And he gets Joe Burrow to throw the ball to him. If he doesn't like it now, let's start winning some games and see if that changes his mind.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote