Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green retires

End of an era. He was always a class act, and certainly one of the best players we’ve ever had. Top 5 favorite Bengal for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
AJ was always class and was much, much better than he gets credit for.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
End of an era. He was always a class act, and certainly one of the best players we’ve ever had. Top 5 favorite Bengal for me.

Was fun to Watch.   The Anti-Diva Receiver...   

Thank you for your time in Stripes AJ
Reply/Quote
Top 5 Bengals WR(I would argue 2nd) instant ROH nominee.

I think he was a HOF WR but injuries killed him in particular the hamstring injury in 2016.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Dude really was a truly special talent in his prime. I remember thinking he would definitely pass Chad in yards and TD’s, but obviously the injuries starting piling up towards the end here.

Reply/Quote
"Class act, anti-diva, special talent, 2nd best receiver in Bengals history." I echo all the above comments.

Thank you, A.J. Green, for being who you are. Everything you did made us proud. My only regrets are that we never won a playoff game while you were here, and that you weren't able to retire as a Bengal.

RAVEN KILLER!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Absolutely wonderful career. Brought stability when it was most needed. There wasn't a catch he couldn't make. Extraordinary athlete, even better person. I'm glad he was a Bengal- and will forever be. Congrats 18.
Reply/Quote
He's Jamar Chase with less speed but better hands. Truly an amazing reciever. Loved how humble he was as an athlete.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Dalton to Green made the Bengals fun for awhile. Too bad injuries short-circuited his career a good bit.

Thanks for your time here AJ.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's Jamar Chase with less speed but better hands. Truly an amazing reciever. Loved how humble he was as an athlete.

Not really the best comparison. AJ is 6’4 and had that huge wingspan. He was much more Tee, than Chase.

Anyway, he should be an obvious ROH candidate down the line.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dalton to Green made the Bengals fun for awhile. Too bad injuries short-circuited his career a good bit.

Thanks for your time here AJ.

THAT DAMN SHITTY FIELD IN DAYTON 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The Raven Killer

Reply/Quote
Great player and a great Bengals player. As other mentioned it's too bad injuries caught up with him when they did but he is a clear RoH member. For some reason this thread made me remember that time he got into a fight with Jalen Ramsey when they played the Jaguars in 2017. I'm not sure why that came to mind but I think it was it was because it was so unexpected given AJ's character.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Raven Killer

Hell yes he was.  Thanks for the reminder.  I edited my post to include this.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the memories!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hey Bengals, how about a one-day contract?!?!?
Reply/Quote
Pure class

Refreshing to see as it’s so rare anymore - especially at his position and his caliber.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Great player and a great Bengals player. As other mentioned it's too bad injuries caught up with him when they did but he is a clear RoH member. For some reason this thread made me remember that time he got into a fight with Jalen Ramsey when they played the Jaguars in 2017. I'm not sure why that came to mind but I think it was it was because it was so unexpected given AJ's character.

Ramsey is the type of guy who decleats someone in a flag football Pro Bowl game. That’s the level of dbag it took to get AJ to do something like that. LOL

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Hey Bengals, how about a one-day contract?!?!?

That would be the classy move (if he even wants it).

I loved Dalton and appreciate his play here, but imagine how good Green could have been if he had a quarterback with a better long ball.

If I remember correctly, AJ wanted Dalton when they asked who we should draft to be his QB, so not like he's the victim, but it is disappointing to think how good he could have been with better QB play.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey and respect for AJ Green.

He never captured my heart as one of my all-time favorite Bengals, but the dude could flat out play.
Reply/Quote