Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green retires
(02-07-2023, 07:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The bigger problem for AJ is that we rarely had a very good #2. It was often someone like Jerome Simpson or Brandon LaFell. Sanu was meh. Marvin Jones got hurt a lot.

Seriously????  Sanu has one of the best QBR's and completion percentages in history, guy had a cannon...   Meh?  The disrespect, I just dont know about your comments anymore.....

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously????  Sanu has one of the best QBR's and completion percentages in history, guy had a cannon...   Meh?  The disrespect, I just dont know about your comments anymore.....

Sanu at his best was a very good 3rd option. I like his trick plays and when he threw the ball, but that stuff always inflated his value. He wouldve been the 3rd behind Lafell if he stuck around in 2016
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:23 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Sanu at his best was a very good 3rd option. I like his trick plays and when he threw the ball, but that stuff always inflated his value. He wouldve been the 3rd behind Lafell if he stuck around in 2016

I hope Shake gets the joke better than you Frank.  You must be a blast at parties.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:25 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I hope Shake gets the joke better than you Frank.  You must be a blast at parties.

I knew what you were doing, I just wanted to add my 2 cents on sanu 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously????  Sanu has one of the best QBR's and completion percentages in history, guy had a cannon...   Meh?  The disrespect, I just dont know about your comments anymore.....

True dat. Maybe we could bring him in and have him show Joey B a thing or two. Mr. Perfect Passer Rating.

(02-08-2023, 12:23 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Sanu at his best was a very good 3rd option. I like his trick plays and when he threw the ball, but that stuff always inflated his value. He wouldve been the 3rd behind Lafell if he stuck around in 2016

Spot on. He was ok, but the trick plays had people more enamored with him than they should've been. We had people comparing him to Housh and Boldin.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Chad and AJ - if only they both had 2 more great seasons they would be HOF. Green lost his legs and Chad lost his mind. It's kind of tragic really.

Reply/Quote
Glad AJ was able to go out on his own terms. A healthy AJ was so damn fun to watch. Hopefully he and the Bengals are willing to do a 1 day ceremonial deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If all those OL draft picks hit during that time instead of busting it would still probably be Dalton to Green.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True dat. Maybe we could bring him in and have him show Joey B a thing or two. Mr. Perfect Passer Rating.

Spot on. He was ok, but the trick plays had people more enamored with him than they should've been. We had people comparing him to Housh and Boldin.

Back in 20212 I was actually at the game in Washington when we opened the game with the Sanu to AJ bomb.  It was RG3's first home game and their crowd was so excited and that first play TD quieted them for the entire game.... 

Sanu had one really good year (3rd season) but the other 3 were just ok, he seemed to do a little better with the Falcons but he was never a great receiver.  He came in the same year as Marvin Jones, Sanu was drafted in the 3rd, but wasnt better than Jones drafted in the 5th.  

One issue was the lack of planning after these guys, we then drafted Cobi Hamilton, James Wright, Mario Alford, Cody Core, Tyler Boyd, John Ross, Josh Malone, and Auden Tate..... I guess 1 out of 8 ain't bad.............

We did have undrafted free agent Alex Erickson, we were Brandon Lafell's 3rd team, then Boyd provided some stability.

We really didnt do a very good job to help AJ or Dalton, maybe this is pushing them even harder to keep Tee?

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 02:07 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Chad and AJ - if only they both had 2 more great seasons they would be HOF.  Green lost his legs and Chad lost his mind. It's kind of tragic really.

Hell of a job, in one sentence you nailed it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was some question around the end of '19 about whether he could have come back or whether he made a 'business decision' to sit out the rest of the year. 2020 he just looked to be mentally out of it, to me. Maybe it was the lingering mental issue with the injury, maybe he just didn't have it. I just never got the sense that he was bought in and giving it 100%. 

I don't have a problem with how AJ carried himself. He was head and shoulders above Chad. They'll both go down as great Bengals wide receivers, just in different ways. 

the article on bengals website talks about how he felt he was 70% at best last year here and wished he was 100% would have loved to had that with Burrow as a rookie..     Also remember when he wanted to come back and the bengals shut him down....

Agree they both were great WR, sadly for different reasons neither will make the NFL HOF.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Back in 20212 I was actually at the game in Washington when we opened the game with the Sanu to AJ bomb.  It was RG3's first home game and their crowd was so excited and that first play TD quieted them for the entire game.... 

Sanu had one really good year (3rd season) but the other 3 were just ok, he seemed to do a little better with the Falcons but he was never a great receiver.  He came in the same year as Marvin Jones, Sanu was drafted in the 3rd, but wasnt better than Jones drafted in the 5th.  

One issue was the lack of planning after these guys, we then drafted Cobi Hamilton, James Wright, Mario Alford, Cody Core, Tyler Boyd, John Ross, Josh Malone, and Auden Tate..... I guess 1 out of 8 ain't bad.............

We did have undrafted free agent Alex Erickson, we were Brandon Lafell's 3rd team, then Boyd provided some stability.

We really didnt do a very good job to help AJ or Dalton, maybe this is pushing them even harder to keep Tee?

Could be. We have a great track record with WRs, but we did have a rough dry stretch before Boyd and Higgins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Could be. We have a great track record with WRs, but we did have a rough dry stretch before Boyd and Higgins.

before Boyd was Green Sanu and Marvin Jones

I think you mean before Higgins, but after Boyd
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 08:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your favorite moment came in a loss?

I was there for the tipped ball hail mary to Green in Baltimore. I just told people around me that Green would do it. Bengals ended up losing that game in OT, though.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Could be. We have a great track record with WRs, but we did have a rough dry stretch before Boyd and Higgins.

Yep. There was a time we were trying to convince ourselves we had something in guys like Cody Core, Josh Malone, and Auden Tate. I fell for the Tate hype myself.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 11:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. There was a time we were trying to convince ourselves we had something in guys like Cody Core, Josh Malone, and Auden Tate. I fell for the Tate hype myself.

Oh God, the Cody Core hype. I remember people thinking he would be a potential starter week 1 as a 6th round rookie.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote