Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green will miss TNF vs. Dolphins if child is born
Wide receiver A.J. Green missed practice Thursday to take his pregnant wife Miranda to a doctor’s appointment, but he could miss something more important depending on the arrival of his son, Easton Ace Green.

Miranda is due to have the couple’s first child Sept. 30, one day after the Bengals play the Miami Dolphins in a nationally televised Thursday night game. Green said if his son is born the day of the game, he won’t play.

"I can't (play). It's the first kid,” Green said. “I want to be there.”

Green said he’s hoping Miranda is at a point where she can be induced sometime during the week leading up to the game or possibly the day before.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/sports/green-says-he-wont-play-if-baby-born-on-game-day/nsL7c/?tB4P6N

I don't blame him 
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 05:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: Wide receiver A.J. Green missed practice Thursday to take his pregnant wife Miranda to a doctor’s appointment, but he could miss something more important depending on the arrival of his son, Easton Ace Green.

Miranda is due to have the couple’s first child Sept. 30, one day after the Bengals play the Miami Dolphins in a nationally televised Thursday night game. Green said if his son is born the day of the game, he won’t play.

"I can't (play). It's the first kid,” Green said. “I want to be there.”

Green said he’s hoping Miranda is at a point where she can be induced sometime during the week leading up to the game or possibly the day before.

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/sports/green-says-he-wont-play-if-baby-born-on-game-day/nsL7c/?tB4P6N

I don't blame him 

Me either, good for AJ.  There's nothing like it, and there is no second chance.  I fully support AJ on that decision, it's WAY more important than some silly game.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
from my understand first kids are usually a day or 2 late.... But congrats AJ no one will blame you for being a good dad.
Reply/Quote
If we end up missing out on a bye week due to losing this game.....

But nah don't blame him either. Being a father is great. Nothing like holding your kid for the first time.
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah he should be there without a doubt for his child.
Reply/Quote
I highly recommend inducing Mrs Green or planned C-section is even better

But if o'natural is the only way, I am sure Easton will be in good hands, AJ catches everything
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now if the NFL were wise they would allow his wife to give birth in the Dolphins end zone and choreograph a set of plays so that AJ catches a TD at the exact moment that his son is born  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't blame him if he misses, but shiiiiiiiit the offense might be in trouble without him. That WR group minus AJ is pretty sad.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 07:28 PM)bonesaw Wrote:  I am sure Easton will be in good hands, AJ catches everything

Just hope he does not get carried away and spike the baby after the catch.

BTW they will induce labor to make sure he does not miss a game.
Reply/Quote
I never understood people who put so much value in being there at childbirth.

But then again I don't have kids, so there's that.

Oh well. If anyone has enough value and has done enough to do something like this, it's AJ.
Reply/Quote
BTW that is a hoem game. Even if she has the baby earlier that day he can still play if everything goes well.

But I pretty much guarantee they will induce labor a day or two before that to keep him from missing the game.
Reply/Quote
It's hilarious how I see people hope she doesn't go into labor on Thursday or Sunday.

When did the subject of childbirth become so numb where people don't worry about the possibilities like miscarriage, but they have time to worry about date it will be?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:25 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's hilarious how I see people hope she doesn't go into labor on Thursday or Sunday.

When did the subject of childbirth become so numb where people don't worry about the possibilities like miscarriage, but they have time to worry about date it will be?

That's what technology can do.

It's not like we're in prehistoric times.
Reply/Quote
[Image: qADn2n]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: qADn2n]

link fail.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: qADn2n]

https://wompwompwomp.com/

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:22 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I never understood people who put so much value in being there at childbirth.

But then again I don't have kids, so there's that.

Oh well. If anyone has enough value and has done enough to do something like this, it's AJ.

That's why you don't understand. The world changes in an instant when your first kid is born. It's an amazing feeling my man.... But it's probably not for everybody.

Good for AJ....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 08:27 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That's what technology can do.

It's not like we're in prehistoric times.

It's gameday, you're A.J., your child is expected to born today.

What are you most worried about?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 09:01 PM)Stormborn Wrote: It's gameday, you're A.J., your child is expected to born today.

What are you most worried about?

I'd be waking up the morning of the game pissed off at the world. Because I was up the entire night before with my wife after the hospital induced her labor.

#Firstworldproblems.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 09:09 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'd be waking up the morning of the game pissed off at the world. Because I was up the entire night before with my wife after the hospital induced her labor.

#Firstworldproblems.

welp
Reply/Quote