Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron Greeted By Browns Owner and Head Coach Before Game.
Believe it was collusion per believing the trade was botched on purpose by Browns. Wanting to see if they can get him for free at seasons end and reconfirming their interest.

It can never be proved nor should anybody try. Bet Hue is not held in such high esteem by Bengals management after this display though.

How did the Iron Bowl conversation go from Hue and owner that have never attended either school. "Damn your team got schooled AJM, Alabama sucks, scoreboard" ?

Just not buying that was what the subject discussed was. Had all 3 men had ties to schools yes, but only AJM did and his team lost.

Guess they just wanted to rub it in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Doubt it.

They've ended up ruining the career of pretty much every quarterback that they've ever drafted highly.  I think they go with the proven McCarron and roll with him, especially because I think it would also please their fans.  They'd be pissed if they draft another QB high, ruin him, and set their franchise back however many years.

I think they actually may be happy that they botched the trade because now they can get AJ in the offseason and let him have a full offseason to learn the playbook and players/coaches, while throwing him into that dumpster fire midseason could have hurt AJ's confidence and development with the offense, which would have had their fans calling for them to draft a first rounder when, in reality, AJ had no chance of satisfying anyone.

I think the AJ loses his grievance and the Bengals put a second round tender on him, get it, and are able to improve the line.

Win-win  ThumbsUp

I'm getting a little OT here, but I think cleveland's only hope and the only thing that will satisfy fans is getting a proven starter. The next time a Peyton Manning type situation happens (which isn't that often), grossly overpay the guy. Even if it's 1/2 your entire cap for just two seasons, bring in a quarterback with a proven record and build up an offense around him while you play musical chairs with whoever you're grooming.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:22 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm getting a little OT here, but I think cleveland's only hope and the only thing that will satisfy fans is getting a proven starter. The next time a Peyton Manning type situation happens (which isn't that often), grossly overpay the guy. Even if it's 1/2 your entire cap for just two seasons, bring in a quarterback with a proven record and build up an offense around him while you play musical chairs with whoever you're grooming.

Does Andrew Luck count as proven? Heard he might be available. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:22 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm getting a little OT here, but I think cleveland's only hope and the only thing that will satisfy fans is getting a proven starter. The next time a Peyton Manning type situation happens (which isn't that often), grossly overpay the guy. Even if it's 1/2 your entire cap for just two seasons, bring in a quarterback with a proven record and build up an offense around him while you play musical chairs with whoever you're grooming.

That's exactly what I was saying, but I don't think they can lure a guy of high quality to Cleveland, even if they found a way to pay him a hundred million a year, and McCarron is somewhat proven, especially under Hue.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's exactly what I was saying, but I don't think they can lure a guy of high quality to Cleveland, even if they found a way to pay him a hundred million a year, and McCarron is somewhat proven, especially under Hue.

Yeah, I agree. I think the only way a really good QB comes is if they've already won a Super Bowl and they just want to keep playing a few more years and I don't think there are any of those on the market. MAYBE Big Ben (plus he IS from Ohio), but I don't think he wants to keep playing after this year and most likely NOT for the Browns.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Best option IMO is pursue Cousins or trade for Tyrod or Dalton.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Best option IMO is pursue Cousins or trade for Tyrod or Dalton.

Me too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Best option IMO is pursue Cousins or trade for Tyrod or Dalton.

For the Browns to get Dalton it will cost them Rosen. Or at least that top pick .
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's exactly what I was saying, but I don't think they can lure a guy of high quality to Cleveland, even if they found a way to pay him a hundred million a year, and McCarron is somewhat proven, especially under Hue.

The problem is even if they get a good QB...they're a ton of starters away from winning.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem is even if they get a good QB...they're a ton of starters away from winning.

WE all know that but it's more about satisfying their fans, and plus it's a lot easier to start with a franchise quarterback and build around him because he's the most important part.
Reply/Quote
Depends on a few things. I won't say it's a guarantee because Hue Jackson obviously really likes AJM, but that changes if Jackson isn't there. Especially if you can go into the draft with a #1 pick and draft a flashy QB (I wouldn't be surprised if they did this). That being said, AJM is an upgrade over Kizer, won't cost too much in trade/financials and will allow the Browns to go after some playmakers.

Anything is possible in the NFL.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem is even if they get a good QB...they're a ton of starters away from winning.

This..... A QB gets them nothing this year or next.  They need so many other things.  If they draft a QB at #1 they are incredibly stupid.  Best case take barkley #1 or trade back to #4 and take Minkah (assuming the 49ers take barkley at 2), and get another first rounder next year and the best player in the draft.
Reply/Quote