Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ McCarron POSITIVE THREAD
(12-30-2015, 06:06 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I wonder how soon we will be hearing Aaron Rodgers name come up???  if it has not already???

I went on one Packers board and there were some saying that Jordy Nelson bails him out a lot.

It's everywhere.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Dalton's position with the team should never be questioned again after the world unanimously gasped at the fear he was/is lost for the playoffs.

McCarron is a good backup that could develop into a starter under different circumstances (starting qb, getting years of reps under his belt).

It won't be here, even if he wins a playoff game. We won't know if he can sustain regular season wins to get us there. Dalton can, and do you gamble away guaranteed playoff berths for a qb that won the franchise it's first playoff win in decades. You could. But the front office likely won't. McCarron even when playing well doesn't seem that different from Dalton.

My guess, he's a career backup. If he progresses he'll likely go with Hue, and get a shot to start. Even then without an established team around him it'll take patience for him to get the reps to develop into a solid starting NFL qb. He's more Hoyer, Cousins then Brady/Favre.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton position with the team should never be questioned again after the world unanimously gasped at the fear he was/is lost for the playoffs.

McCarron is a good backup that could develop into a starter under different circumstances (starting qb, getting years of reps under his belt).

It won't be here, even if he wins a playoff game. We won't know if he can sustain regular season wins to get us there. Dalton can, and do you gamble away guaranteed playoff births for a qb that won the franchise it's first playoff win in decades. You could. But the front office likely won't. McCarron even when playing well doesn't seem that different from Dalton.

My guess, he's a career backup. If he progresses he'll likely go with Hue, and get a shot to start. Even then without an established team around him it'll take patience for him to get the reps to develop into a solid starting NFL qb.  He's more Hoyer, Cousins then Brady/Favre.

I'm with ya, but at the same time (and as you stated) he doesn't get the opportunity to prove himself to a fanchise like some QBs do. Dalton was put in a good situation. He had time to learn without the pressure of winning instantly (until year 2 maybe). It's the same thing with Derek Carr and Bridgewater, and they are progressing nicely. Hopefully for his sake, McCarron will take his services elsewhere (maybe with Hue as you stated) where he can finetune his game. It's the same thing with Blake Bortles. I personally believe young QBs need time to adjust to the mental aspect of the game at the NFL level, but many people are impatient. No time for the Bengals to groom McCarron now though, our window will be closing by the time he is ready.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:08 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Guy is a Champ...

crap i must have slept thru the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: crap i must have slept thru the playoffs.

Look at the dude His wife his money his house his graduating of School in Alabama...................  dude is a winner... reminds me of Denny!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm with ya, but at the same time (and as you stated) he doesn't get the opportunity to prove himself to a fanchise like some QBs do. Dalton was put in a good situation. He had time to learn without the pressure of winning instantly (until year 2 maybe). It's the same thing with Derek Carr and Bridgewater, and they are progressing nicely. Hopefully for his sake, McCarron will take his services elsewhere (maybe with Hue as you stated) where he can finetune his game. It's the same thing with Blake Bortles. I personally believe young QBs need time to adjust to the mental aspect of the game at the NFL level, but many people are impatient. No time for the Bengals to groom McCarron now though, our window will be closing by the time he is ready.

Wow this is exactly why I created this Thread....  GreenCornBengal this is beautifully stated......  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 06:46 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Look at the dude His wife his money his house his graduating of School in Alabama...................  dude is a winner... reminds me of Denny!!!

which kind of stroke are we talking about here?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: First completion of the game....AJ took a shot to the ribs over the middle.....Confused
Ooops, I stand corrected. Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 07:36 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: which kind of stroke are we talking about here?

LOL!!!! 
Reply/Quote
Not bad for only 2 NFL career starts.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:31 PM)magikod Wrote: Not bad for only 2 NFL career starts.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 05:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That's not just a Bengals/Dalton things, that's a lot of NFL fans now. If your team's QB isn't on the type of level that Brady/Brees/Manning were on, then they suck. I've visited the Jags board the past two seasons and there have been plenty of people already giving up on Bortles. Jets fan practically gave up on the season when Geno/Fitzpatrick was their QB comp. I've even read Pats fans who have wondered if they should move on from Brady.

It's the nature of the fans in the NFL.

Yup. I couldn't believe when Lions' fans were calling for Stafford's head. He's a good QB. The Lions just have other issues. Bortles is having a 2013 Dalton type of year with 4200 yards and 35 TDs. If I were a Jags fan, I'd be thrilled with him. Some people are so unrealistic. Dalton kinda reminds me of Joey Votto. Both great players, both hated by half of Cincinnati. It's amazing really.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. I couldn't believe when Lions' fans were calling for Stafford's head. He's a good QB. The Lions just have other issues. Bortles is having a 2013 Dalton type of year with 4200 yards and 35 TDs. If I were a Jags fan, I'd be thrilled with him. Some people are so unrealistic. Dalton kinda reminds me of Joey Votto. Both great players, both hated by half of Cincinnati. It's amazing really.

Bortles is having a  better individual year this year than Dalton had in 2013. With one game to go he has....more yards, same # of TD's, less # of ints, same rushing TD's, higher rating and more rushing yards. 

The Bengals were better in 2013 than the Jags this year however.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2013&p1=DaltAn00&y2=2015&p2=BortBl00&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#totals::none
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 12:40 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Bortles is having a  better individual year this year than Dalton had in 2013. With one game to go he has....more yards, same # of TD's, less # of ints, same rushing TD's, higher rating and more rushing yards. 

The Bengals were better in 2013 than the Jags this year however.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2013&p1=DaltAn00&y2=2015&p2=BortBl00&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#totals::none

Compare them to their peers. Isn't that what Dalton detractors always loved doing when making comparisons?

Bortles 2015
Passer rating: 22nd
Yards: 6th
TDs: 2nd
INTs: 2nd most
Completion %: 30th

Dalton 2013
Passer rating: 15th
Yards: 7th
TDs: 3rd
INTs: 5th most
Completion %: 15th

The years are very similar. If we split hairs, Dalton's year was more impressive when compared to his peers. They both threw for a ton of yards and TDs, while throwing too many INT's. Bortles' completion rate is terrible. Weapons are similar. Allen Robinson and Hurns are beasts. Their run game is arguably better than the 2013 Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Compare them to their peers. Isn't that what Dalton detractors always loved doing when making comparisons?

Bortles 2015
Passer rating: 22nd
Yards: 6th
TDs: 2nd
INTs: 2nd most
Completion %: 30th

Dalton 2013
Passer rating: 15th
Yards: 7th
TDs: 3rd
INTs: 5th most
Completion %: 15th

The years are very similar. If we split hairs, Dalton's year was more impressive when compared to his peers. They both threw for a ton of yards and TDs, while throwing too many INT's. Bortles' completion rate is terrible. Weapons are similar. Allen Robinson and Hurns are beasts. Their run game is arguably better than the 2013 Bengals.

You are consistent...any spin to fit your narrative. 

Let's see when the year is over how the final numbers look for BB. I think I would take 500 more yards, a hand full more TD's and 4 less int's any day. So would you.

I would agree they are similar in some aspects. However your statement of "Dalton Like" implies that Dalton like was a league measuring stick. Your stats prove that Dalton's 2013 was pretty average...a far cry from how some on here would have you believe about AD's best year.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 02:37 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: You are consistent...any spin to fit your narrative. 

Let's see when the year is over how the final numbers look for BB. I think I would take 500 more yards, a hand full more TD's and 4 less int's any day. So would you.

I would agree they are similar in some aspects. However your statement of "Dalton Like" implies that Dalton like was a league measuring stick. Your stats prove that Dalton's 2013 was pretty average...a far cry from how some on here would have you believe about AD's best year.

I would say his best year was 2015.....ijs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 07:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: I would say his best year was 2015.....ijs.

Agreed. Other than yards and TD's Andy was having a top 5 year in many of the major stats category. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 09:55 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Agreed. Other than yards and TD's Andy was having a top 5 year in many of the major stats category. 

Uhhh...those 2 stats are the most important when having a "record" year.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 09:55 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Agreed. Other than yards and TD's Andy was having a top 5 year in many of the major stats category. 

Andy was top 5 in TDs when he went down. He still has more passing yards than Bridgewater, and 50 less than Alex Smith despite missing games.

Still 2nd in yards per attempt, 3rd in QB rating, and 8th in completion percentage.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 11:18 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Uhhh...those 2 stats are the most important when having a "record" year.

Wins are the #1 stat.. if your team does not win.. yard, TDs does not matter much.. though I would put INTs right there with yards and TDs.  Teams that are bad are going to get alot of junk yards in the 4th quarter.. Teams that are good and winning are not... 
Reply/Quote