Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks.
(10-31-2019, 06:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So I heard on radio this morning that the FO and a Green are very far apart in talks. Ok hate to keep bringing this up but if talks are that bad already surely they knew this before the trade deadline. So again why not trade him. Nothing they can do now but one would think they had to know where they stand in talks before the trade deadline, wouldn’t you think? I know we bash this FO and rightfully so but can they really be this inept.

AJ said he put the negotiations on hold when he got injured in TC.  He then started them up again AFTER the trade deadline.  He also conveniently isn't ready to play until after the trade deadline despite an initial prognosis of a return in week 3 or 4.  I don't want to call the man out, but the whole thing is a bit suspect.

I think AJ is telling the truth when he says he wants to stay.  I also think he's manipulating his injury to gain contract leverage.  Now if a deal doesn't get done, the Bengals either look incompetent for not trading him or get painted as the bad guys for using the FT.

Personally, it seems like AJ is overvaluing himself.  While he's great when healthy, he misses a ton of games.  It's also not like he hasn't been paid.  His current deal made him the highest paid WR in the league when he signed it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ wants to be the Larry Fitzgerald of the Bengals, but Mike Brown ain't gonna make it easy.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So I heard on radio this morning that the FO and a Green are very far apart in talks. Ok hate to keep bringing this up but if talks are that bad already surely they knew this before the trade deadline. So again why not trade him. Nothing they can do now but one would think they had to know where they stand in talks before the trade deadline, wouldn’t you think? I know we bash this FO and rightfully so but can they really be this inept.

You realize which organization you are talking about right?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The team has only won one game without him over the past 16 games. The 8 games before that they went 5-3.

But to Mike Brown and ******** Troy and Mikey clone Katie, they probably expect a home town double discount.

Katie and Troy are so focused on fixing their 0-8 team that they took a winter vacation to Switzerland. I'm not against people taking a vacation, but when the owner takes off during a crisis you have to wonder if they even see that there's a crisis with their team.

Katie being Mike’s spawn, I assume we’re talking about a jaunt to Switzerland County, IN.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Maybe, but he said he'd sign a contract if it were fair. What fair means to him might be different from what I think it means, but to me it doesn't mean near the highest at a position.

Well I'd need more details about how far apart they are.
is it a years or salary/year thing? or maybe a bonus thing?
I see nothing wrong with coming at AJ with a 3yr, $15M/year offer as a baseline starting point. And if he argues for too much, just remind him how many games he's played recently.
Reply/Quote
Well this is all going swimmingly.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well I'd need more details about how far apart they are.
I see nothing wrong with coming at AJ with a 3yr, $15M/year offer as a baseline starting point. And if he argues for too much, just remind him how many games he's played recently.

That’s the exact deal I’d offer if I’m the Bengals.

Although, AJ’s agent will probably bring up this year’s injury was due to him being forced to play on a substandard high school field he had no business being on in the first place.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ wants to be the Larry Fitzgerald of the Bengals, but Mike Brown ain't gonna make it easy.

LF played for 11 million a year for the last three years. That is team loyality.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: LF played for 11 million a year for the last three years. That is team loyality.

The Cardinals also hire GMs and have a ring of honor and have won 6 playoff games in the span Mike Brown has won 0.  The Cardinals aren't a great franchise by any means, but they've done some stuff and they do some stuff.

But it's a moot point because I'm actually still convinced that AJ is such a loyal dope that he's going to cave in so he can spend his entire career in football hell.
Reply/Quote

You mean at the very start of negotiations, both player and club weren't right there at the same number????...… OMG
You mean the club started low and the player started High???? OMG...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the exact deal I’d offer if I’m the Bengals.

Although, AJ’s agent will probably bring up this year’s injury was due to him being forced to play on a substandard high school field he had no business being on in the first place.

AJ said he doesn't want to play for the Tag(17. 1). Why would he play for 15 mil/yr 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well I'd need more details about how far apart they are.

He can remind them of how many games they've won lately.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:15 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: AJ said he doesn't want to play for the Tag(17. 1). Why would he play for 15 mil/yr 

He said he doesn't want to, but he also said he would.....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s the exact deal I’d offer if I’m the Bengals.

While Welcome Stadium is a dump, AJ has practiced up here multiple times on even jankier fields. But it's frustrating. They need to quit coming here. It's a Browns town, and we don't have top notch facilities.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
AJ isnt saying anything but his agent that is paid by percentage is likely saying hey my client is one of the best we want 5 years 20m+ per year close to what Julio Jones is making.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He said he doesn't want to, but he also said he would.....
He said he he isn't the kind to throw away money. He didn't actually say he would play. There is a big difference.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: LF played for 11 million a year for the last three years. That is team loyality.

Fitzgerald also hasn't missed a game since 2014, when he missed 2 games.  
Reply/Quote

Because the Bengals are masters at ***** everything up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Just saying there is no reason for them to jump the gun they have alot of power in the negotiations and plenty of time to come to an agreement. 

The NFL is first and foremost a business.

Edit: Have to remember AJ is probably wanting a Julio Jones contract around 20m a year.

If he has half a brain and any sense of self-awareness, he won't think he's worth JJ money. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Great point! By not trading him they lost all their leverage...now IF they lose him, they'll look inept.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote