Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great point! By not trading him they lost all their leverage...now IF they lose him, they'll look inept.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whoever this Joe Goodberry guy you keep linking is an absolute idiot. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whoever this Joe Goodberry guy you keep linking is an absolute idiot. 

He's right in a lot of instances.

The Bengals basically have to keep him. When you turn down a 1st Round pick in a trade for a guy that's a pending free agent...IF you lose him for nothing...it's disaster.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Cardinals also hire GMs and have a ring of honor and have won 6 playoff games in the span Mike Brown has won 0.  The Cardinals aren't a great franchise by any means, but they've done some stuff and they do some stuff.

But it's a moot point because I'm actually still convinced that AJ is such a loyal dope that he's going to cave in so he can spend his entire career in football hell.

You can't go into negotiations saying you want to stay with an organization for life, then try to say it's a poorly run organization to leverage for more money.  If he thinks it's such a poorly run organization, then why would he want to stay here?

If you're a star player and you want to leverage changes, you take less money based on conditions in your contract.  Say, you take $10 mil a year, but if they don't hire 10 more scouts before the start of the next league year, they owe you a $10 mil roster bonus.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's right in a lot of instances.

The Bengals basically have to keep him. When you turn down a 1st Round pick in a trade for a guy that's a pending free agent...IF you lose him for nothing...it's disaster.

No team is giving up a 1st for a guy that can't pass a physical, which Green supposedly couldn't at the trade deadline.  It creates a lot of bad feelings if you trade the guy, then it gets voided when he fails the physical. On top of that, nobody is giving up a 1st for a guy who's contract expires at the end of the year if they can't agree on a new deal.  If AJ is serious about being a Bengal for life, there's no reason for him to negotiate a new deal to facilitate a trade.  If there was ever a real offer of a 1st round pick, guaranteed it was contingent on those two things.

If you give him Julio money, you still look like idiots.  The only way you don't look like idiots is if you FT him or sign him to a reasonable long term deal.  
Reply/Quote
I dont like how green is saying pay me the big contract again or trade me. I have a feeling he will be dealt away. Which is fine. Hes injury prone and receivers are easy to come by.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Can they be this inept? You betcha!

You're killing me! Literally, laughing out loud. Damn skippy they can!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The tag was negotiated by the players and owners. How do you think the team isn't being fair to AJ. He has missed 22 of the last 40 games while being paid nearly one million per game. If they tag him he has two options play or retire. MB didn't let Palmer dictate what he does and I don't think he will let AJ do it either. The Raiders gave him two first rounders to change his mind . I doubt anyone will do that to get a oft injured 31 old receiver .

I understand the structure of the franchise tag.

I also understand that the contract is coming up for renewal and the franchise tag could become a bargaining chip. The best teams don't rely on the tag, they make it so player want to be there and if a player doesn't want to be there, they ship them off to Siberia or Cleveland or Oakland. If a bad owner like Mike Brown uses it to take on one of the most respected players in the NFL, then I can see the NFLPA making it an issue. The better owners may just see the tag as a way for a bad owner to keep players who don't want to be around him anymore. Getting rid of the tag will make those players available to the better owners.

Mike Brown doesn't let anyone dictate to him, even when he's blind moron making obvious bad decisions. He's a fool. He's the scourge of the NFL. No one is going to come to his aide.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:21 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: I dont like how green is saying pay me the big contract again or trade me. I have a feeling he will be dealt away. Which is fine. Hes injury prone and receivers are easy to come by.

Lol WRs the caliber of AJ Green are NOT easy to come by. We’ve had two that good in 50+ years.

Reply/Quote
I believe that if AJ returns and looks anything like the AJ of old, he'll have no problem getting a long term deal from the organization. Zero.

However, if he can't stay on the field or he regresses, then that's another story.

It would suck to see his Bengal career come to an end with a perceived insult from management, but it is what it is. It's absolutely nothing new around here.

I'm not saying this ownership group of ******** and assbags is smart, classy, good at what they do, or even worthy of basic human rights, but I get it if they don't just fork over a blank check without reason to believe that he'll be available and able to contribute over the course of the deal.

I mean, they look like morons almost every time they take a breath or appear in public, but just imagine. If they sign him for comparable money to the Julio Jones deal and he misses 8-10 games again in 2020, then we spend the duration of his deal on AJ rehab field watch, they look even dumber if that's possible. Players have a shelf life. He's at the age where it gets met. He's showing signs of physical breakdown.

Caveat Emptor.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It's almost too inept in my opinion.

This sure feels like a FO/team trying to be ran outta town purposely now.

This is kind of where I'm at. They seem suspiciously inept at this point. TOO inept. Almost as if they're telegraphing that you shouldn't expect this team to win no matter who plays for them, coaches for them, or how long you wait. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It's almost too inept in my opinion.

This sure feels like a FO/team trying to be ran outta town purposely now.

If that is not the case, then arrogance and ignorance have an firm intertwined grasp on this Bengals think-tank.

Doucheface Troy has voiced disdain for city officials' "hostility" toward the family in the aftermath of the stadium deal.  He's stated something to the effect of "it won't be forgotten" when the time comes to negotiate a new agreement.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were running the team into the ground intentionally.  I pity any city that winds up giving these parasites money to bring their bullshit tactics to town in hopes of having a legit NFL franchise.  

They are beyond scum.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lol WRs the caliber of AJ Green are NOT easy to come by. We’ve had two that good in 50+ years.

I didn't say of his caliber ,sure hes top 5. But wide receivers are not hard to get in the draft. And you can win without a top 5 receiver. 
Reply/Quote
They are so terrible. You try to sign him prior to the trade deadline. If you are too far apart and you start thinking you cant sign him then you TRADE him.
Reply/Quote
Of course they are. That's not a surprise.

AJ will either get tagged, or walk. But hey, at least we will get those sweet comp picks. Those are way better than a first round pick. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:23 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He said he he isn't the kind to throw away money. He didn't actually say he would play. There is a big difference.

Quote: Then he dropped a bit of news and said he’d play under the franchise tag if it ever came to that.

“What is it? 18, 20 million?” Green asked. “I’m not one of these guys that’s going to sit out and give away money.”
Reply/Quote
So Julio Jones signed for 3 years 66 million.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/julio-jones-7721/

I sort of know what the Bengals are doing, but don't know what AJ is asking for.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:45 AM)Goalpost Wrote: So Julio Jones signed for 3 years 66 million.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/julio-jones-7721/

I sort of know what the Bengals are doing, but don't know what AJ is asking for.

Larry Fitzgerald has been playing the last three years for 11 million a year. If AJ is healthy he may be a shade better but do you think he is worth twice as much? I know it would be a PR nightmare but If he wouldn't sign a deal for 15 mil/year with only 20 mil guaranteed I would let him walk.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: No team is giving up a 1st for a guy that can't pass a physical, which Green supposedly couldn't at the trade deadline. 

Never mind.  The offer of first round picks is now a fact to certain people.  

Just like Whitworth is still mad at the Bengals for "insulting" him.
Reply/Quote
I think Green and the Bengals will settle for 3-5 years at 16.8-17.5 mil per with guaranteed money that this front loaded. I wanted the FO to trade Green because of his age and injury history but it is what it is. I do not have a good feeling about this situation. This could get ugly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote