Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks.
(10-31-2019, 10:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great point! By not trading him they lost all their leverage...now IF they lose him, they'll look inept.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trollberry has no idea what he is talking about.  Half of the people here say Green is not worth paying top dollar to re-sign.
Reply/Quote
Trouble in paradise if you read the tea leaves.

Sounding like the Whit situation 2.0

Still some denial amongst fans as to what we are witnessing, but this isn't going to end well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So I heard on radio this morning that the FO and a Green are very far apart in talks. Ok hate to keep bringing this up but if talks are that bad already surely they knew this before the trade deadline. So again why not trade him. Nothing they can do now but one would think they had to know where they stand in talks before the trade deadline, wouldn’t you think? I know we bash this FO and rightfully so but can they really be this inept.

Anyone else deja vu to Whitworth situation?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: Still some denial amongst fans as to what we are witnessing, but this isn't going to end well.

What do you mean by "end well"?  A lot of people here feel Green is not worth top dollar to re-sign.  So they think it is best to let him walk.

Personally I find it hard to believe that the Bengals and Green are in negotiations right now in the middle of the season where he has yet to play a snap.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:37 AM)samhain Wrote: Doucheface Troy has voiced disdain for city officials' "hostility" toward the family in the aftermath of the stadium deal.  He's stated something to the effect of "it won't be forgotten" when the time comes to negotiate a new agreement.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were running the team into the ground intentionally.  I pity any city that winds up giving these parasites money to bring their bullshit tactics to town in hopes of having a legit NFL franchise.  

They are beyond scum.

Troy's pretty dumb for saying that.  At the same time, most people are not going to speak kindly of a party that sued them. 

He does have a point.  The $450 mil number gets thrown around a lot, but comparable stadiums in Cleveland and Baltimore were built for half of that number.  The fact that PBS had numerous cost overruns isn't the Bengals' fault.  The county mismanaged the project and/or a bunch of that money disappeared into the politicians' pockets.

Another issue is the county has consistent issues with non-payments and late payments to the Bengals.  This goes back to the Riverfront lease and is what actually gave Mikey the leverage for the PBS deal.  He could have legally broken the Riverfront lease due to non-payments and used the threat of moving the team to put the county over the barrel.

The best solution is for the Bengals to build a new stadium accross the river so the team stays local and the county and team can end their toxic business partnership.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What do you mean by "end well"?  A lot of people here feel Green is not worth top dollar to re-sign.  So they think it is best to let him walk.

Personally I find it hard to believe that the Bengals and Green are in negotiations right now in the middle of the season where he has yet to play a snap.

Well you know how it is in the jungle. They say that, but soon as MB doesn't re-sign him or he walks, MB will get slammed for it, and it's just going to be a negative reaction. So it's going to be rough around here when it happens.

If we accept the ideal now maybe it won't be so bad when it actually happens.

I agree tho, I don't see these "negotiations" when his situation hasn't changed since August being anything significant or likely to lead to a in season extension.

AJ admitted he cut off talks, when that happens before the season starts, it typically is for the season and resumes after the season as to not have any distractions.

The whole situation to me just seems to not be going good.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: I agree tho, I don't see these "negotiations" when his situation hasn't changed since August being anything significant or likely to lead to a in season extension.

AJ admitted he cut off talks, when that happens before the season starts, it typically is for the season and resumes after the season as to not have any distractions.

It seems like a media created frezy to me.

The OP just says he ehard "on the radio".  Anyone know if there is an actual source for the claim other than a rumor from soem radio host trying to stir things up?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It seems like a media created frezy to me.

The OP just says he ehard "on the radio".  Anyone know if there is an actual source for the claim other than a rumor from soem radio host trying to stir things up?

It could be (probably) the media, but AJ seems to be talking more than ever about the contract status. Which could be telling, given we are mid season, and he's typically avoids distractions and a company man.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 09:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Trollberry has no idea what he is talking about.  Half of the people here say Green is not worth paying top dollar to re-sign.

Yeah it's funny. People will talk themselves into thinking that paying Bobby Hart 3 years and between $15 and $21 million being ok...but then they worry about overpaying AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Everyone should be far apart from contract talks with this organization until the front office proves they're willing to fundamentally change their losing strategy.
Reply/Quote
so basically we need 4 OL and 3 LB. Hopkins will be out of Mike Browns price range some team might make Hopkins highest paid C in the league
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oy, if MB uses the tag on AJ we will really see how much he truly wants to be here.  He says he's not the type to just sit out and leave money on the table...or something to that effect, so he seems to be in a "I don't want it, but I'll accept it" mindset about it which just makes me think the odds of him getting tagged went from 99% to 100%.
Reply/Quote
Wont surprise me one bit if AJ walks.

Should have traded him
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Front Office mishandled AD and is mishandling AJ.

For Andy if they felt they needed to change and to evaluate Finley then tell Andy long enough in advance for his agent to have a real chance to arrange a trade and....ACTUALLY ACCEPT A REASONABLE DEAL. Then they look better and do better than a comp pick.

For AJ they either needed to do a trade or if they really want him then SHOW IT. Make a legit offer that even if not immediately accepted does not leave parties "far apart" but instead lets AJ know they actually value him and are not trying to "win" a negotiation again.

On the "trying to leave town" angle that is where the NFL could help us fans a LOT. Make it crystal clear that no move of the team will be approved because of the behavior of the front office and their lack of effort in fielding a consistent NFL quality (defined as winning) product.

They had plenty of time to work a trade.  Teams are constantly calling each other to see who is available.  One Andy got benched, an interested team would have called immediately.

The fact of the matter is that nobody really sees him as an upgrade at this point in the season.  He'd have to learn the system and get reps with a new team.  There aren't any desperate contenders who lost a QB.  

As for trying to leave town.  This team tried to make moves (and did) last offseason to fill some holes.  They drafted the best LT in the draft, signed a RG, tried to move up in round 2 to get another lineman.  Nobody could have seen Boling retiring, Glenn being a baby and Jonah missing the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 07:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: On the "trying to leave town" angle that is where the NFL could help us fans a LOT. Make it crystal clear that no move of the team will be approved because of the behavior of the front office and their lack of effort in fielding a consistent NFL quality (defined as winning) product.

Bengals have a winning record over the last decade and a half, plus they have made the playoff more than most other teams.

Plus they just changed coaching staff.

Kind of hard to argue that they are "not making an effort".
Reply/Quote
Goodbye AJ, don't burn down in this fire.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have a winning record over the last decade and a half, plus they have made the playoff more than most other teams.

Plus they just changed coaching staff.

Kind of hard to argue that they are "not making an effort".

If anything that can be said is that touting that whole playoff "appearance" agenda might not fly too well around these parts.

It's not impressive.  Not to fans who enjoyed the team only to watch the management not lift a damn finger to sign positions of need.

As we've often seen, those teams making a true playoff run will make a move(s) to improve their shortfalls realizing that it's win now mode.

Instead we get the ol' Mike Brown shit show, that thinks they're smart by holding back "rainy day money" and they'll fix it down the pike.

Prudence might work for the love of the all-mighty-dollar, but it's not going to equate to Championships.

They're never going to understand this or ultimately care.  That's what's maddening to be a fan of the actual team of players.

There ain't nobody in the world a fanatic about Brown, Blackburn, Tobin.  NOBODY.

Lastly.  Do you really think they changed coaching because they wanted to? 

Have they really made strides to improve, or did they just changed to finally appease angry season ticket holders that have been dwindling for years?

I'd have to say it's the latter.  They are reactive(slow be it)creatures by nature.  Never pro-active.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:37 AM)samhain Wrote: Doucheface Troy has voiced disdain for city officials' "hostility" toward the family in the aftermath of the stadium deal.  He's stated something to the effect of "it won't be forgotten" when the time comes to negotiate a new agreement.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were running the team into the ground intentionally.  I pity any city that winds up giving these parasites money to bring their bullshit tactics to town in hopes of having a legit NFL franchise.  

They are beyond scum.

Yep!

I see them being bitter by delayed payments, fans not going to games, the family being seen as clowns.

All of those above factors drive them to look out for themselves and the end result will be "see we tried but nobody likes us and the city is difficult".

Shift the blame game, all the while counting family dollars.

Playoffs shmayoffs.  They are in company of 3 bottom teams in the league for failure.

Those playoff games they looked terrible in on both sides of the ball by the way.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn right they can be. So bad that it leaves all minds from all different perspectives asking WTH? It's almost as if this FO is being ran by a 12yr old kid who plays soccer and don't know anything about football? I swear, one day AJ will be traded for a pack of baseball cards, or a compensatory pick. What's the difference? 

Please,just everyone relax as Araon Rodgers of the Packers says,Do not believe what the stupid news media says and they are not far apart,its just the beginning,The Bengals office and staff want to see him play and believe me he is not going anywhere,he will get paid very well and he will be a BENGAL FOR LIFE and he will make the HOF SOMEDAY. If AJ is healthy and does not get hurt again,he will get his money.You heard it first from THE FORTY YEAR FAN WHICH BY THE WAY I probably need to change my handle as I have been with this franchise for 50 years,and man I am getting old. I enjoy reading all of everyones posts and especially HARLEY DOGS STUFF. Remember,its a NEW-DEY someday. I do believe if the dirty birds win this next contest,I really believe they will have to super earn it as I am thinking we are going to see a very movitated Bengals team.
Reply/Quote