Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ ready to get with Burrow
Despite earlier saying he wouldn't participate in OTAs if franchised, AJ at least appears ready to get together with Joe when he can. Maybe this is a small sign that he and the team are coming closer to a deal. Or just a sign he is ready for some football

Quote:"We've been talking back and forth. We were talking (texting?) yesterday and I know he wants to get together and throw somewhere," Green said. "I told him wherever he is, we'll come to him. I don't know where, when, how. It's all who can fly where and when. He's the quarterback. He makes his location and we have to get there."

On letting Joe take the lead

Quote:"It's not about that. It's all about he's going to be the leader of our team," Green said. "I just want to put that in him already to where he feels comfortable leading."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Will AJ stub his pinky toe though? We wait and see!
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 08:45 AM)pally Wrote: Despite earlier saying he wouldn't participate in OTAs if franchised, AJ at least appears ready to get together with Joe when he can.  Maybe this is a small sign that he and the team are coming closer to a deal.  Or just a sign he is ready for some football

On letting Joe take the lead

It's great to see AJ supporting Joe.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I never thought AJ would skip out to begin with. He's a class act, a pro's pro. I'm very anxious to see JB and AJ and the rest for that matter getting some work in.
Reply/Quote
Thinking about Joe throwing to AJ soon...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 08:45 AM)pally Wrote:  Or just a sign he is ready for some football

Ready?  Hell, I bet he is frothing at the mouth.

He missed a whole season and when he finally does get healthy and able he is not allowed to get together with his teammates.

I don't care what some people here claim, AJ is a football player and football players hate it when they can not play.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 08:52 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Will AJ stub his pinky toe though? We wait and see!

Sad statement.. AJ is a gamer..

First 5 seasons:  missed 4 games

2016-  Game 10 got  hurt late in the year, with team out of race, Bengals held him out last couple games

2017-  Played All

2018-    Hurt in game 9 i believe.. out but tries to play last game (no need to) and reinjury  

2019-   Last season he decided after 2018 he needs to be healthy or he will do the same that he did in 2018 and after couple setbacks .. he shuts it down.. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ready?  Hell, I bet he is frothing at the mouth.

He missed a whole season and when he finally does get healthy and able he is not allowed to get together with his teammates.

I don't care what some people here claim, AJ is a football player and football players hate it when they can not play.

Spot on Fred.. 
the idea that because a player in a contact sport gets hurt means they wont play through an injury or don;t have desire etc...  or because they might be making millions means they also won;t suit up and use injury as an excuse does not understand that most players in an elite sport got there because of their desire, competitive fire.  I understand there are exceptions as with anything we could debate but to just label players does not really look at the full scope of the player and situation.. 
Reply/Quote
AJ and Andy must have had a tight relationship and he was hurt over losing Andy. Maybe he's coming around? Burrow really needs AJ to give his best and participate. Would hate to start the new era with disgruntled BS in the locker room.

Reply/Quote
Dude's probably just itching to play football again. When he got injured last year in camp you could see how livid he was.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: AJ and Andy must have had a tight relationship and he was hurt over losing Andy. Maybe he's coming around? Burrow really needs AJ to give his best and participate. Would hate to start the new era with disgruntled BS in the locker room.

AJ on Andy

Quote:He knew the Dalton departure was coming, but that didn't make last week any easier. There had been a marvelous moment last week when the band got back together on a video conference. There was Andy and his receivers past and present. Green. Andrew Hawkins. Mohamed Sanu. Marvin Jones.

"We Face Timed a few days ago," Green said of Dalton, believing he has found a terrific spot backing up Dak Prescott in Dallas. "We'll always be friends. A friendship that lasts forever. I'm very happy for him. He's in a good situation with a good staff behind him and where he can help Dak because Andy is an unbelievably smart guy. He'll push Dak to be better and also help him."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
but will he have the balls to say "... Burrow has the best throw than Andy ever did in his best day". JK.

Good to see AJ's happiness is coming back to even want to change his mind about OTAs.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: AJ and Andy must have had a tight relationship and he was hurt over losing Andy. Maybe he's coming around? Burrow really needs AJ to give his best and participate. Would hate to start the new era with disgruntled BS in the locker room.

Just like Andy.. AJ has character, is a professional and has a desire to play and win.. He knows how it felt the first 5 years of winning and he wants that back and to advance that even more in the playoffs... Health is unpredictable but I am feeling pretty good at predicting we won;t have to worry about his competitive desire or getting behind Burrow 100 percent..
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: AJ and Andy must have had a tight relationship 

They have spent about a third of there lives as working partners.  We tend to think of all NFL players as full grown men, but Andy was just 23 and Green 22 when they started out with the Bengals.  They did a lot of growing up and learning together.  

Lots of other receivers have come and gone, but it has always been Andy an A.J for the last 9 years.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if he has talked with Fitzgerald. Larry took on a mentoring role to Kylar last season and I wonder if he helped give AJ some perspective. I figured in the end AJ would come around because he has never been the type of guy to make waves, he doesn't want to be a distraction. I am excited what a potentially healthy AJ Green can do for this offense.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:04 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: most players in an elite sport got their because of their desire, competitive fire.  

This.

They percentage of NFL players who had enough talent to make it there without busting their asses is miniscule.  And you have to love to play to bust your ass that hard.  

I have played with 3 different guys who made it to the NFL. They were all among the hardest working guys on the team.  The Albert Haynesworths of the world are extremely rare
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if he has talked with Fitzgerald. Larry took on a mentoring role to Kylar last season and I wonder if he helped give AJ some perspective. I figured in the end AJ would come around because he has never been the type of guy to make waves, he doesn't want to be a distraction. I am excited what a potentially healthy AJ Green can do for this offense.

I would say FA also had an impact.  It would be hard not to get excited when you play there and see them start throwing money around like that.

I wasn't in favor of tagging him,but I'm glad he seems to have had a change of heart and is going to put in whatever OTA work he can with Burrow and company.  Hopefully, he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They have spent about a third of there lives as working partners.  We tend to think of all NFL players as full grown men, but Andy was just 23 and Green 22 when they started out with the Bengals.  They did a lot of growing up and learning together.  

Lots of other receivers have come and gone, but it has always been Andy an A.J for the last 9 years.

Pretty sure Reggie Wayne went through very similar emotions when transitioning from Manning to Luck. The old football homage is true here, winning cures everything. If Burrow can throw AJ some nice TDs and get the team on track, all will be well.
Reply/Quote
Usually the QB picks the place because he travels to work with a QB coach. They will probably meet up in California sometime this summer.

I wonder who meets up though AJ, Boyd, Ross, Higgins, maybe Tate?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 01:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Usually the QB picks the place because he travels to work with a QB coach. They will probably meet up in California sometime this summer.

I wonder who meets up though AJ, Boyd, Ross, Higgins, maybe Tate?

I'm not sure how easy it will be for some of those guys to travel during quarantine times... particularly Tate and Higgins. Hopefully AJ has a private jet that can pick them all up lol
Reply/Quote