Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJM for OBJ and a pick...
AJ is going to be a good QB in this league if given the chance...Eli is 35 and about done...No one is happy in NY...

Would you trade AJ and a pick for OBJ? Or even straight up? He is not a happy camper at all.
Reply/Quote
The Giants would never do that deal, but even if they would I'm not sure I'd want OBJ. He's one of the best WR in the league, but he's the prototypical diva receiver. I love that guy's like Green and Atkins go about their business quietly.

That said, our offense would be pretty much unstoppable if we had Green, OBJ, and Eifert on the field at the same time. So it might be worth the risk of upsetting the locker room. Like I said though, the Giants would never trade a top 5 WR for a backup QB. You don't trade the best player on your team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Lol how is an unproven backup QB equal the NFLs latest darling? NY would lose its s*** if that trade happened. These AJ MC trade threads are always so insane.
Reply/Quote
I truly believe we are fine at WR!

We need a center and better coaching.

Reply/Quote
I would rather use AJM trade for more picks then OBJ. This team needs help at multiple positions not just WR.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I truly believe we are fine at WR!

Bengals are among league leaders in drops.

Not saying some mythical McCarron and Pick for OBJ is the answer, but the Bengals' pass catching group is far from fine. LaFell is averaging 39 yds/gm over the last three weeks and Gio is your #3 receiver as far as yardage goes.

It's not coincidence that the Bengals are 2-0 against teams that AJ ran wild on, and 0-2 against teams that could cover him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 04:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals are among league leaders in drops.

Not saying some mythical McCarron and Pick for OBJ is the answer, but the Bengals' pass catching group is far from fine. LaFell is averaging 39 yds/gm over the last three weeks and Gio is your #3 receiver as far as yardage goes.

It's not coincidence that the Bengals are 2-0 against teams that AJ ran wild on, and 0-2 against teams that could cover him.

It's because we need more than AJ and LaFell. Boyd is a rookie and we can't rely on him right off the bat. Uzomah has had a lot of drops and haven't been that reliable. Once we get Eifert back that Will open everything up. It will increase everyone's average production because they can't double Green and Eifert.

Most of our drops came from one game where it was raining very hard, so I wouldn't be that worried about it (still weary but not worried)

@ this thread... Lol McCarron wouldn't even be close enough for the Giants to even consider a trade. There are a LOT of team's that need QBs right now, and none of them seem interested in McCarron right now. Mike Brown even said he's willing to trade McCarron in like March....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 04:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals are among league leaders in drops.

They probably drop the ball because they can't believe the line actually protected Andy long enough for them to get open. It's a excitement reflex. Kinda like how when Hill gets a lane and fumbles the ball at the end. When was the last time you said to yourself "man, he has all day to throw back there". 
The poor running game and lack of the deep ball is all the proof you need the line isn't giving time for anything to develop down field. Give Andy Palmer 2005 protection and our receivers will be fine. Not AJ freaking Green, but fine.

Reply/Quote

It's also not coincidence that the Bengals are 2-0 against the Jets and Dolphins and 0-2 against the Steelers and Broncos.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 06:20 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: It's also not coincidence that the Bengals are 2-0 against the Jets and Dolphins and 0-2 against the Steelers and Broncos.

Meh, with Burfict back I bet we would beat both of those team's. With Burfict and Eifert back I know we beat both of those team's.
Reply/Quote
I can't tell if this is a joke or not
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 12:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: AJ is going to be a good QB in this league if given the chance...Eli is 35 and about done...No one is happy in NY...

Would you trade AJ and a pick for OBJ? Or even straight up? He is not a happy camper at all.

I doubt the Giants do that, but I would. Although I don't know how Beckham would do being the number 2 guy. He seems mentally immature.

However I'd like to see if we can revive Victor Cruz's career.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nobody wants AJ McCarran.

There. I said it. The guy was mediocre while he started. Look at what Wentz and Prescott are doing. I expect them to come back to earth somewhat, but c'mon. McCarran isn't a hot commodity.

If they want OBJ, they'll have to come off AJ Green not AJ McCarran.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 05:26 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote:
They probably drop the ball because they can't believe the line actually protected Andy long enough for them to get open.
It's a excitement reflex. Kinda like how when Hill gets a lane and fumbles the ball at the end. When was the last time you said to yourself "man, he has all day to throw back there". 
The poor running game and lack of the deep ball is all the proof you need the line isn't giving time for anything to develop down field. Give Andy Palmer 2005 protection and our receivers will be fine. Not AJ freaking Green, but fine.

Yes, this seems like a MUCH more plausible explanation rather than they just don't have very good hands.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 03:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I truly believe we are fine at WR!

Ditto.  AJM for the best center out there.  That might be a thread worth talking about.

Marvin's not going anywhere, he's family.
Reply/Quote
OBJ would be off the chain playing for Lewis, no way, he has no control over personalities. Now if we were to get a Herm Edwards, absolutely.
Reply/Quote
For crying out loud, with the way our oline is (not) protecting Andy people are still wanting to trade our #2 quarterback. Just stop already. And besides the fact that OBJ is a whiny little baby who can't control his emotions, it's not like we have the money to pay him what he would demand. How many players are you going to cut to cover his cap hit? Insanity.... 
Reply/Quote
OBJ gets shut down by a couple of good defenses and gets flagged for being a crybaby on the field, and now he's "not having fun" playing the game anymore.

The guy is a huge douchebag. Pass.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 10:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, this seems like a MUCH more plausible explanation rather than they just don't have very good hands.  
Or, perhaps they are brand new receivers working under a brand new OC and haven't quite jelled yet and pressure is mounting thus causing even more mental error? I dunno, I saw AJ drop a pretty critical pass a few weeks back as well. Sure, maybe my little 'theory' is hilarious.. after all i did make it up on the spot however Leonard, our line is pretty bad and you know this. Andy has like 2 seconds to get rid of the ball most of the time with defenders in his face. How is a receiver suppose to set their position 15 yards down the middle of field in 2 seconds while trying to stay open? The rhythm on offense is just so out of whack right now. Everyone has like 2 seconds to make a play. That shit would make me nervous all the time and bad nerves are bad in this situation. I personally would overcompensate making matters worse. I would drop the damn ball.

BUT, Zampese says he is working on it so at least we have that. Ninja 

Reply/Quote
Love the responses just trying to stir some things up in the middle of the week and saw the article about him being unhappy.

Couple things
Media darling or not teams will trade players that are or possibly upsetting the chemistry of a team for less than what they are worth.

The Bengals need to get value out of AJM before his contract is up. I am in the camp of needing to be traded, if possible, before his contract is up next year. I get having a quality backup but if he just sits on the bench the next 1 year and 12 games or so it does absolutely zilch for this team.
Reply/Quote