Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJM says, "Knock it off!!!!"
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/McCarron-Hes-our-quarterback/b08bb1bf-8068-4b54-9895-fe2ef6af6ee7

“I wish people in this city would back him and go with it. Listen, I think I’m a great quarterback and I think he’s an unbelievable quarterback. I love him to death. But he’s our quarterback,” McCarron said. “Stop making it into something else. It’s not into something else. Ride with him. Trust the team. Trust the process. And trust what we are trying to do. And be a fan of who is playing. We are all part of a team. It’s not we are divided.”

On Friday, the day after Dalton failed to generate a touchdown for the second time in four days to open the season, head coach Marvin Lewis said Dalton’s job is secure. But that didn’t stop at last one published story from reporting over the weekend some Bengals are wondering if Colin Kaepernick is an option. He’s not and McCarron says he’s Dalton’s teammate and not rival.

“It’s not that way. It’s tough for me, it really is. I love him I love our relationship,” McCarron said, “Been with him for a long time now. It sucks for me to see. For other people if we didn’t have such a close relationship things like that can make the process weird between quarterbacks on other teams if that starts happening. Me and him have a great relationship and I think we’ve both handled it really well. We know what nonsense is. We trust and love each other. He’s our quarterback and I’ll leave it at that. I trust him every time he steps out there and I think we are going to win every time he is under center. It’s part of football, though, you win some lose some. That’s the way it goes.
Reply/Quote
Word for word from page one of the "What to say when you're the back-up QB and your starter is playing like shit and getting trashed every day by the fans and press" handbook.

Leave Andy alone!

[Image: 944.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Truuuust the proceeeeeesss.

What process, Macaraoni? At least the 76ers are building a good team with stacked young talent. Mike Brown tries to border on getting to the playoffs and losing, and he's starting to lose balance.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
After his first 5 years of playoff runs, and the 6th year, and 2 games of the 7th year, with a 'clueless OC' and OL, I'd say 'trashing' after two bad games in a row, without a couple of games under the new OC, 'might' be a bit premature! But then again, Bengal fans have never been the classiest, especially when the biggest fireball coach in franchise history has to take a microphone during a game and remind the fans that they don't live in Cleveland!!!
Reply/Quote
There is nothing premature about the Bengals, they are never premature ANYTHING! They don't make any decision "on time". They make decisions too late. We're surprised by the OC being fired because it looked on time. Other teams make changes much faster. They pull starting QBs mid game! They can't lose their ego, Dalton wasn't getting it done, try someone else, just see if the ball moves. What's the purpose to stick with someone who is stuck behind a horrible offensive line? I'm pretty sure Driskel under these conditions would likely move the ball a bit more.
Reply/Quote
In other words, AJ McCarron is saying "don't throw my ass out there, behind that shit heap of an OL"... Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Truuuust the proceeeeeesss.

What process, Macaraoni? At least the 76ers are building a good team with stacked young talent. Mike Brown tries to border on getting to the playoffs and losing, and he's starting to lose balance.

MB allowed the firing of an OC, not only in mid-season, but after 2 games, which has NEVER been done in the 50 years of the franchise!!! Now for the average owner and fans, that's not a big deal, but for MB, that was a 'huge' step and may be on the heels of another huge step by firing Lewis.

This is all on MB, and trashing the players, regardless of who they are, isn't going to get him traded or fired!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: But then again, Bengal fans have never been the classiest, especially when the biggest fireball coach in franchise history has to take a microphone during a game and remind the fans that they don't live in Cleveland!!!

Yeah, but had he not, we wouldn't have the single greatest quote* in franchise history.  So it's kinda good that we had dimwits throwing snowballs that day.  One guy I know used it as his ring tone for some time.  

*For those wondering, #2 is "I see better than I hear."  Never put into actual use, mind you, but still pretty snappy.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There is nothing premature about the Bengals, they are never premature ANYTHING! They don't make any decision "on time". They make decisions too late. We're surprised by the OC being fired because it looked on time. Other teams make changes much faster. They pull starting QBs mid game! They can't lose their ego, Dalton wasn't getting it done, try someone else, just see if the ball moves. What's the purpose to stick with someone who is stuck behind a horrible offensive line? I'm pretty sure Driskel under these conditions would likely move the ball a bit more.

The post was about the fans, NOT the Bengals management RA.  MB is MB.  You ride it out, and hope for little victories here and there like canning Zampese, or you change teams.  No middle ground here unless you live locally and have such a slow and pointless life that you feel you need to go down to the stadium and protest!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, but had he not, we wouldn't have the single greatest quote* in franchise history.  So it's kinda good that we had dimwits throwing snowballs that day.  One guy I know used it as his ring tone for some time.  

*For those wondering, #2 is "I see better than I hear."  Never put into actual use, mind you, but still pretty snappy.  

Yeah, but you saw what MB did with Wyche just as soon as daddy hit the door!! Probably the second worst move in franchise history behind his daddy hiring Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh!!  It is what it is.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The post was about the fans, NOT the Bengals management RA.  MB is MB.  You ride it out, and hope for little victories here and there like canning Zampese, or you change teams.  No middle ground here unless you live locally and have such a slow and pointless life that you feel you need to go down to the stadium and protest!!

Let's see what happens going forward. Hope we see more major changes before season's end. A show of effort to improve. At least the Browns try, their franchise seems even more broken than us (poor draft choices). So many different QBs, same result as us, no super bowls in a huge amount of years. Hell they've won a playoff game in the timeframe where we haven't.
Reply/Quote
Classy of AJM
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Classy of AJM

Yep. Can't say the same about some poster on this thread. Cool
Reply/Quote
Well if he doesn't want the starting job, fine with me. I don't think he's any better than Dalton anyways.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In other words, AJ McCarron is saying "don't throw my ass out there, behind that shit heap of an OL"...   Hilarious

That's what I was thinking bit yours is more colorful
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well if he doesn't want the starting job, fine with me. I don't think he's any better than Dalton anyways.

He wants to be the starter, he's just saying the right thing.  I mean, good for him.  I should have given him credit earlier.  He could have remained silent and no one would have thought any worse of him, so good on him for stepping up and saying the right thing.  Still think he has the competitive fire and would jump at the opportunity to be #1, even if that meant Any being removed as starter.  Not sure how it might be different than the last time he had the reigns, though, unless he's progressed into some hidden gem at this point.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 08:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Truuuust the proceeeeeesss.

Couldn't agree more. Trust the process is laughable....we've been waiting on this process since the early 90's.  I know AJM is being a team player and saying all the right things but fans have every right too boo this team and this QB.

If players can't take fans booing them then either play better or go home.
Reply/Quote
Uh oh. Daltons on the hot seat.
Reply/Quote
Yes he's saying the right thing...good PR move on his part. But lets not lose sight of the fact that rumors, regardless of how unfounded, about the team / fans wanting to bring in an outside quarterback, makes him look just as bad as Dalton. As if he's not even a consideration.

I still say there's a lot of football yet to be played. Plenty of time for Dalton to get back on track and have a successful season.

I just don't say it very confidently.
Reply/Quote
That was some sappy stuff. We are 0-2 and look like garbage and our backup QB releases a statement that has the word "love" in it four times. I'm touched.
Reply/Quote