Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Aaron Donald woke up after us pushing him around
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/21/rams-aaron-donald-super-bowl-bengals-woke-me-up/

Half of us in GDT thought it probably wasn't a good idea to wake a giant, looks like it wasn't lol. At least Joe said it was clean.

They did what they were supposed to though.

Looks like Adeniji talked some trash too lol. There are some people you keep your mouth shut until it's over, Aaron Donald, burrow, Jordan lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 07:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/21/rams-aaron-donald-super-bowl-bengals-woke-me-up/

Half of us in GDT thought it probably wasn't a good idea to wake a giant, looks like it wasn't lol. At least Joe said it was clean.

They did what they were supposed to though.

Looks like Adeniji talked some trash too lol. There are some people you keep your mouth shut until it's over, Aaron Donald, burrow, Jordan lol.

You put Burrow and Jordan in the same sentence.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 07:28 PM)Bengals-Man12345 Wrote: You put Burrow and Jordan in the same sentence.

Yes. And Aaron donald. Lol.

But people don't talk trash to Burrow. He said if they do, they stop in the 2nd half. Lol. I guess they'll learn.

We need more wink martindales. Lol
Reply/Quote
BS. He wasn't "up" for the Super Bowl until the Bengals started pushing on him?? If anywhere near true, shame on AD.... It's the Super Bowl. You're "up" from the first snap, playing in the most important game of your life.
Reply/Quote
Take it from the horse's mouth. I don't know.

I know it looks like Boyd plays better when he takes some hard hits and Mixon used to run better after Gio would come in and rip off some 10 yard rushes lol. *Shrug*
Reply/Quote
The Rams overloaded the side and put 5 guys over our oline so we couldn't double. That's not a convenient story to tell. It sounds better saying they pushed me and it lit a fire.
Reply/Quote
I’m sure that helped but then also why would Donald say this. Doesn’t matter much now but thought it probably didn’t help to wake someone up like that in the moment. Just gave him an extra shot of adrenaline lol.

It’s a similar thing, don’t think burrow would have had 525 if wink didn’t make those comments lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 07:36 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: BS. He wasn't "up" for the Super Bowl until the Bengals started pushing on him?? If anywhere near true, shame on AD.... It's the Super Bowl. You're "up" from the first snap, playing in the most important game of your life.

I agree. He said it because it sounds good. If he’s telling the truth I think it sounds really bad.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was super under impressed with Donald. People talked him up but he didn't seem like much until the refs let him line up offsides.

Donald's above average but if the NFL didn't play him up, that game would've ended differently.
Reply/Quote
My Dad called it out. Said it was a bad move shoving him around. Just the wrong guy to piss off right at that time and we did.

Kind of like poking the hulk.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 10:38 PM)Benton Wrote: I was super under impressed with Donald. People talked him up but he didn't seem like much until the refs let him line up offsides.

Donald's above average but if the NFL didn't play him up, that game would've ended differently.

He had more pressures by himself than our entire defense combined…

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He had more pressures by himself than our entire defense combined…

Ok.

A. He was hyped pre-sb as 'the guy.'

B. How many of those were second half when they let him commit multiple penalties?

Just off the top of my head, I watched the first half wondering why Aaron Donald was even in 'a' promo code, let alone the face of the SB. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but he didn't do anything until the second half when they let him line up offsides, hold, etc. Our line didn't help us, sure, but not because Donald was some fearsome beast. He was above average, nothing more.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 11:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Ok.

A. He was hyped pre-sb as 'the guy.'

B. How many of those were second half when they let him commit multiple penalties?

Just off the top of my head, I watched the first half wondering why Aaron Donald was even in 'a' promo code, let alone the face of the SB. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but he didn't do anything until the second half when they let him line up offsides, hold, etc. Our line didn't help us, sure, but not because Donald was some fearsome beast. He was above average, nothing more.

We must have watched different games.

Reply/Quote
They really should have kept evans in with burrow in shotgun to prevent that overload. If they overload to one side, just hand it to evans the other way and you have 2 or 3 blockers on 1 lineman and a db/linebacker. Gotta make better adjustments.
Reply/Quote
I actually thought Donald should have been MVP over Kupp. And I’m a big WR guy (probably my favorite position). He completely wrecked that game. Not sure why most of it coming in the 2nd half should discount anything, but even in the 1st half we were extremely limited with that we could do on offense because of him.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 11:21 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: They really should have kept evans in with burrow in shotgun to prevent that overload. If they overload to one side, just hand it to evans the other way and you have 2 or 3 blockers on 1 lineman and a db/linebacker. Gotta make better adjustments.

That’s what I thought. Figured I was just missing something
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2022, 07:36 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: BS. He wasn't "up" for the Super Bowl until the Bengals started pushing on him?? If anywhere near true, shame on AD.... It's the Super Bowl. You're "up" from the first snap, playing in the most important game of your life.

Yeah, it's all post super bowl bullshit to make stories. Who in the hell would believe Aaron Donald was in the super bowl and not playing as hard as he could?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
As I said in the other thread, Burrow was in bounds so it was a clean hit. Donald also put unnecessary juice on that shove out of bounds to try to hurt Burrow. I have zero problem with our linemen talking to him about it.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like clear cut case of pop psychology where even the dumbest fan can suddenly read the inner thoughts of star players via a TV feed.. Dontcha just love it when we all play Sigmund Freud and get to decide who wanted to screw their mommies when they were still in the womb..  Yup, the Rams won because some Bengals player went full on psychic and miserably failed.. No doubt about it..  LMAO
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If this is the case, then I’ve lost a little respect for him. He himself said that he has everything but a ring, but yet he needed some shoving to “wake him up?” I just don’t see the GOATs (which many consider him to be over DT) needing motivation mid-game to play harder.
Reply/Quote