Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Rodgers wants out of GB
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31359453/aaron-rodgers-want-return-green-bay-packers-sources-say

Aaron is pulling a Palmer! Right before the draft! Man oh man did things just get extra interesting. Is it odd the Packers have had 20 years of HOF QB play and both guys left on lousy terms? Is he going to end up on the Patriots, Jeopardy, or somewhere else?

I hope he doesn't go to the Steelers. Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seahawks
Russell for Rodgers
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Seahawks
Russell for Rodgers

We will see where things go tonight.  The Jets, 49ers, Panthers, Patriots, Broncos etc should all be waving their 1st round picks at the Packers right now.  Hell, the Bears should even give it a shot.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We will see where things go tonight.  The Jets, 49ers, Panthers, Patriots, etc should all be waving their 1st round picks at the Packers right now.  Hell, the Bears should even give it a shot.

I would add Miami to that list as well. 6th + 18th + 35th pick+ 50th pick + future 1st? That' has to be tempting for GB.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:15 PM)J24 Wrote: I would add Miami to that list as well. 6th + 18th + 35th pick+ 50th pick + future 1st? That' has to be tempting for GB.

Announcing it today makes me think they want some knee-jerk "CALL NOW" panic offers from teams.  I wonder where fans are going to side on this one...methinks they side with Rodgers, but the teams always control the narratives on this stuff.
Reply/Quote
Aaron wants to go to San Fran, Denver or the Raiders

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Aaron wants to go to San Fran, Denver or the Raiders

The 49ers are like 27-6 or something with Jimmy G, with Rodgers there they're instantly a SB pick.  Not sure why he'd want to be in the AFC West, but ehh...I guess he's keeping his option open.  Maybe he'll be like Favre and go to the AFC for a year and then end up with a division rival like the Bears.

The 49ers are also an amusing place for him since they'd essentially be getting him 16 years after they took Alex Smith over him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Announcing it today makes me think they want some knee-jerk "CALL NOW" panic offers from teams.  I wonder where fans are going to side on this one...methinks they side with Rodgers, but the teams always control the narratives on this stuff.

Media- Rodgers  Fans- Team
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The 49ers are like 27-6 or something with Jimmy G, with Rodgers there they're instantly a SB pick.  Not sure why he'd want to be in the AFC West, but ehh...I guess he's keeping his option open.  Maybe he'll be like Favre and go to the AFC for a year and then end up with a division rival like the Bears.

The 49ers are also an amusing place for him since they'd essentially be getting him 16 years after they took Alex Smith over him.

Reports are that he want's to be on the West Coast, to be near his fiancee, and to get more screen time for life after football.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Reports are that he want's to be on the West Coast, to be near his fiancee, and to get more screen time for life after football.

But what about this guy?

[Image: State_Farm_Cheesehead_Commercial.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I just can't wrap my head around what the GB front office is doing...so they were so into Jordan Love that they got him in the first, trading up to get him and pissing off their QB who is one of the best to ever play the position...yet they don't want to trade the guy Love will be replacing for a buttload of high draft picks? This makes no sense.

If they are so desperate to hang onto Rodgers then they are admitting that the Jordan Love thing was a colossal waste and if they admit it was a colossal waste the Rodgers wanting the hell away from that organization is completely logical.

Trading up for a QB puts Rodgers in the same position as guys like Alex Smith, Mike Glennon, Andy Dalton, Jimmy G and so on...all guys that would be traded away for high picks if only the chance would ever occur. Refusing to trade Rodgers for a bunch of picks when you have a 2nd year QB you bent over backwards to get in round 1 waiting in the wings is simply admitting you blew it with the pick...isn't it? They have to be lying and working on a doozy of a deal with the Broncos.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just can't wrap my head around what the GB front office is doing...so they were so into Jordan Love that they got him in the first, trading up to get him and pissing off their QB who is one of the best to ever play the position...yet they don't want to trade the guy Love will be replacing for a buttload of high draft picks?  This makes no sense.

If they are so desperate to hang onto Rodgers then they are admitting that the Jordan Love thing was a colossal waste and if they admit it was a colossal waste the Rodgers wanting the hell away from that organization is completely logical.  

Trading up for a QB puts Rodgers in the same position as guys like Alex Smith, Mike Glennon, Andy Dalton, Jimmy G and so on...all guys that would be traded away for high picks if only the chance would ever occur.  Refusing to trade Rodgers for a bunch of picks when you have a 2nd year QB you bent over backwards to get in round 1 waiting in the wings is simply admitting you blew it with the pick...isn't it?  They have to be lying and working on a doozy of a deal with the Broncos.
I have no problem with the Packers drafting Love but agree just trade Aaron and get it over with it.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just can't wrap my head around what the GB front office is doing...so they were so into Jordan Love that they got him in the first, trading up to get him and pissing off their QB who is one of the best to ever play the position...yet they don't want to trade the guy Love will be replacing for a buttload of high draft picks?  This makes no sense.

Trading up for a QB puts Rodgers in the same position as guys like Alex Smith, Mike Glennon, Andy Dalton, Jimmy G and so on...all guys that would be traded away for high picks if only the chance would ever occur.  Refusing to trade Rodgers for a bunch of picks when you have a 2nd year QB you bent over backwards to get in round 1 waiting in the wings is simply admitting you blew it with the pick...isn't it?  They have to be lying and working on a doozy of a deal with the Broncos.

That's because Love was as piss poor of a pick as every QB picked after Trevor Lawrence this year.
Reply/Quote
Around The Horn was talking about the possibility of Cleveland trading Baker to the Packers.

It would give the Browns a hell of a team, but do they really want to give up their franchise QB for Rodgers, who is 37 and may only have three years left (if he's lucky)?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Around The Horn was talking about the possibility of Cleveland trading Baker to the Packers.

It would give the Browns a hell of a team, but do they really want to give up their franchise QB for Rodgers, who is 37 and may only have three years left (if he's lucky)?

Id have to think there are some cap issues taking on Rodgers contract VS Mayfields cap friendly rookie deal . However, I would not be surprised if it was pulled off. Browns have shown there arent afraid to make deals (Odell Bekham) and are making efforts to win NOW. 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:47 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Id have to think there are some cap issues taking on Rodgers contract VS Mayfields cap friendly rookie deal . However, I would not be surprised if it was pulled off. Browns have shown there arent afraid to make deals (Odell Bekham) and are making efforts to win NOW. 

Gotta think they're in win now mode and want to cash in before their loaded team of players all want out of that hellhole of a city/franchise.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 11:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gotta think they're in win now mode and want to cash in before their loaded team of players all want out of that hellhole of a city/franchise.

Ida know...Brady wanted out of NE, Rodgers wants out of GB, and Wilson was talking about wanting out of Seattle.  Seeing big name players want out of the more stable and well-regarded franchises makes me think these days it's less about a team's history and more about how much control and support a team is willing to give a marquee QB.

The Browns could be a franchise willing to give a big-name QB like Rodgers everything he wants and Brady in Tampa shows how having a QB who can win it all can convince a lot of players to sign on.  What makes a franchise a hellhole may have more to do with inflexible or controlfreak owners and less to do with the overall history of the team.

I'm not saying it would lead to Cleveland winning it all, but my main point is that the narrative seems to be changing, at least for now.  Imagine telling someone a few years ago that players would want out of Pittsburgh, New England, Green Bay, and Seattle and would want to go to Cleveland and Tampa Bay...wacky.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 06:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The 49ers are like 27-6 or something with Jimmy G, with Rodgers there they're instantly a SB pick.  Not sure why he'd want to be in the AFC West, but ehh...I guess he's keeping his option open.  Maybe he'll be like Favre and go to the AFC for a year and then end up with a division rival like the Bears.

49ers building is closer to jeopardy building than Wisconsin lol
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 10:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 49ers building is closer to jeopardy building than Wisconsin lol

The draft has made my post amusingly outdated.   Rodgers to the Broncos seems to make the most sense now. 
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2021, 12:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...Brady wanted out of NE, Rodgers wants out of GB, and Wilson was talking about wanting out of Seattle.  Seeing big name players want out of the more stable and well-regarded franchises makes me think these days it's less about a team's history and more about how much control and support a team is willing to give a marquee QB.

The Browns could be a franchise willing to give a big-name QB like Rodgers everything he wants and Brady in Tampa shows how having a QB who can win it all can convince a lot of players to sign on.  What makes a franchise a hellhole may have more to do with inflexible or controlfreak owners and less to do with the overall history of the team.

I'm not saying it would lead to Cleveland winning it all, but my main point is that the narrative seems to be changing, at least for now.  Imagine telling someone a few years ago that players would want out of Pittsburgh, New England, Green Bay, and Seattle and would want to go to Cleveland and Tampa Bay...wacky.
I could get wanting to go to  Tampa because of the weather but Cleveland nah!
J24

Reply/Quote