Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About fed up....
Carson Palmer forced the 2011 reboot. The only way I see another reboot happening would be with an entirely new coaching staff (including the sacred cow positional coaches).
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:50 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Carson Palmer forced the 2011 reboot.  The only way I see another reboot happening would be with an entirely new coaching staff (including the sacred cow positional coaches).

AJ Green and Dalton look none to pleased to me out there.....who knows, stranger things have happened.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:34 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The regression that this team has shown is pretty astounding.  This time last year they were talked about as one of the very best teams in the NFL.  This year we all see the product on the field.  I know that they lost some players, and some coaches changed, but I did not see them falling this far.  The really good franchises lose people all the time, yet still find a way to persevere.

They lost a lot of players and are playing a 1st place schedule that was front-loaded.

Look at teams like the Cardinals and Panthers. This kind of thing happens in the NFL.

It's pretty amazing that we were able to make the playoffs for 5 years in a row.

Personally, I blame the drafting of the past 3-4 years. The guys we lost have been replaced with lesser quality guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: AJ Green and Dalton look none to pleased to me out there.....who knows, stranger things have happened.

Burfict is a free agent after next season.  Dalton, Geno, and Dunlap have two years left on their deals.  Whitworth is getting older by the day.  So outside of Green, you have no more than two years left on your absolute best players.  Things could get very interesting in Bengals Land...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 01:19 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Burfict is a free agent after next season.  Dalton, Geno, and Dunlap have two years left on their deals.  Whitworth is getting older by the day.  So outside of Green, you have no more than two years left on your absolute best players.  Things could get very interesting in Bengals Land...

Dalton is signed through 2020.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 01:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dalton is signed through 2020.

You're right, I was mistaken.  Still a lot of high dollar, skilled players coming up in the next two years.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Largely the same organizational structure is in place that led to the 90's.

The be a coach with the Bengals...you have to be a scout too. There are demands other than coaching that you have to excel at. Get a coach in there who can't do that...and it could get bad.

This statement couldn't be more false.

Back in the 90s you had nobody in the personnel department that could do anything.  You had a coach that was a puppet.

Sorry, but this team has completely turned around the organizational structure.  It's not even remotely similar.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 01:19 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Burfict is a free agent after next season.  Dalton, Geno, and Dunlap have two years left on their deals.  Whitworth is getting older by the day.  So outside of Green, you have no more than two years left on your absolute best players.  Things could get very interesting in Bengals Land...

Yup.....what if Dalton and/or Green demand trades?  Damn, it could get ugly quickly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:33 AM)jj22 Wrote: It feels like mediocrity has finally set in with the Dalton/Green era, and we've seen Marvins teams get stuck in that culture. It's all downhill from here until he's gone. Window is closed.

See..even i can't say that because outside of NE, nobody else is really unbeatable and it appears it's going to be that way for awhile. Perhaps we are just having a off season. We'll know more for sure next year.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: AJ Green and Dalton look none to pleased to me out there.....who knows, stranger things have happened.

Yeah, if we're lucky, Whitworth will lead some sort of coup and become a player/head coach.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
How can you say that it comes down to the players but it starts at the top. If the coaches aren't held accountable, why would the players be. This is a reason Marvin can't be a head coach for us anymore. If you can't even control your teams on field actions , what good are you as a coach.

Mike Brown blew it when he let Zimmer hit the door. Marvin will be here until he retires, hopefully it's sooner than later.

Won't even comment on the people bringing up the 90s. Get over it. Stop settling because you're scared.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 03:34 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: How can you say that it comes down to the players but it starts at the top. If the coaches aren't held accountable, why would the players be. This is a reason Marvin can't be a head coach for us anymore. If you can't even control your teams on field actions , what good are you as a coach.

Mike Brown blew it when he let Zimmer hit the door. Marvin will be here until he retires, hopefully it's sooner than later.

Won't even comment on the people bringing up the 90s. Get over it. Stop settling because you're scared.

Yep, huge mistake keeping a coach that turned the franchise around and had made the playoffs several years in a row for a guy that had not coached an NFL game.

Mike Brown blew it when he (and the front office) decided to take 2 backup tackles instead of looking ahead and seeing 2 starting WRs leaving with no backup plan.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You must be too young to remember the 1 and 2 win seasons of the 90's.....

Actually I am 40 and clearly remember the 90's.

I also don't give a rat's ass about the 90's. That was then, this is now.

In summary, I'm about sick of watching this team ride in idle and never move forward. I love my Bengals, but damn! When will they ever change? Even when they are playing well, none of us can HONESTLY say that we have complete confidence in the organization from one game to the next. Compare us to a franchise like the Patriots or the Steelers. Those fan bases have a unit they can both be proud of AND feel confident about. When was the last time you heard someone say that Belichick is incompetent? You feel me?

I'll keep watching, but I'm definitely toning down my emotional investment until I see some changes.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:12 PM)sixxfan26 Wrote: I'll keep watching, but I'm definitely toning down my emotional investment until I see some changes.

Speaking from personal experience - that is the best approach to take.  :)
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 10:12 PM)sixxfan26 Wrote: I love my Bengals, but damn! When will they ever change? Even when they are playing well, none of us can HONESTLY say that we have complete confidence in the organization from one game to the next. I'll keep watching, but I'm definitely toning down my emotional investment until I see some changes.

Well said. Unfortunately for me, I still get emotional every time I watch them. Even though I've been a Bengals fan for close to 30 years, I'm not from Cincinnati and haven't had the luxury of being able to watch them on a regular basis until recent years. Losses were easier to deal with back in the "Lost Decade" since their games were hardly ever televised in my area and the Internet was in its infancy, so online streaming was nonexistent. I can definitely empathize with your frustration though.
Reply/Quote
Following this team is kinda like being in love with a stripper. I'm sure you can figure out what I mean. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:05 AM)sixxfan26 Wrote: Following this team is kinda like being in love with a stripper. I'm sure you can figure out what I mean. LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is by far and away THE BEST post i've read on here!!! PERIOD!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You all can be Cubs fans for a day I guess..108 yrs so keeping it in perspective.. I talked to my 88 year old father about it and he didn't believe the Cubs would ever win in his lifetime. The last time they won the world series it was 20 years before his birth so it might be till 2076 before the Bengals win it all or some miracle could occur and it'll be this year although i very , extremely , seriously and emphatitically doubt it.
All your anger won't make the Bengals win a championship . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:15 AM)count35 Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is by far and away THE BEST post i've read on here!!! PERIOD!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Not funny ..I was married to a stripper and trust me if you're even remotely considering it your mother WILL NOT be impressed .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:50 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Carson Palmer forced the 2011 reboot.  

Yes he did, which is why I never understand the hatred some fans harbor towards him. Yes, he refused to come in and play for the same "old team" with the locker room antics, etc., which is why we have 5 straight trips into the post season. You'd think fans would be mowing his lawn instead of dumping trash on it.....
Reply/Quote