Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About fed up....
(11-03-2016, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes he did, which is why I never understand the hatred some fans harbor towards him. Yes, he refused to come in and play for the same "old team" with the locker room antics, etc., which is why we have 5 straight trips into the post season. You'd think fans would be mowing his lawn instead of dumping trash on it.....

Nobody dumped trash on Palmer's lawn.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody dumped trash on Palmer's lawn.

Wait......whaaaa......? Nervous

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: We as fans must stop fearing the 90's 20 years later. Can't let Mike Brown keep that over our heads as reason to keep Marvin and all his warts. Marvin has pulled us up from the abyss, but we are still floating aimlessly and have yet to dock on the promise land. We keep seeing it and getting close, but the playoff wave just sweeps us back  to mid ocean. We're hungry, dehydrated, have lost a couple people along the way, but at least we're alive screams those who fear a new captain.

For me personally, I'd rather stay in the abyss then be teased with seeing the prosperity on the promise land in the distance just out of reach. Next time a potential captain jumps ship and makes a swim for it, I'm going too. It's too much to see them dancing and joining the festivities on the island of prosperity as we float back to mid ocean. Sometimes you've got to take a risk.
OK Charles Dickens.

I agree though. It's time to move on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody dumped trash on Palmer's lawn.

Have you ever heard of a metaphor?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 02:46 AM)sixxfan26 Wrote: Just venting, but... I'm seriously about fed up entirely with the mediocrity of this team. Overall, we had a great season in 2015, but it quickly sank with the implosion in the playoffs. We can ***** about coaching forever and a day, but in the end, the players have to get it done on the field. It starts at the top and goes all the way to the bottom. Where's the fire? Where's the attitude? Where's the will to win?
Do we see it on the field? I sure don't. I don't know what to think anymore. I'm a diehard fan and have pledged my forever allegiance to the Bengals. I will never root for another team in the NFL unless somehow the Bengals fall off the face of the earth. But I have days where I feel like if I continue to support THIS team, the current management, etc.... feels like I'm just enabling the mediocrity. I have days where I wonder what would happen if we all just got pissed off and "walked away?" I mean like, if the stadium was half empty. The TV ratings fell. Merchandise sales slowed down. Would it change anything? Doubt it.

Don't get me wrong, I can handle the losses, but only when I can clearly see the effort from coaches and players. Continuous mediocrity and acceptance of such is hard to swallow year after year. I have days where I ponder taking a few steps back and putting my fan allegiance on hold until they right this ship. I find myself less and less interested in watching this mess anymore. And I hate it, because I LOVE THIS TEAM!!

I know some will flame me for this post, but I also know most are just as embarrassed and fed up as I am. Anyone feel where I'm coming from?

Again, just venting. Frustrated man.. frustrated.

I getcha, it is rough. Frustrating for everyone. I think the most frustrating thing is we have so many good players.

We should be playing much better than we are. I thought that maybe the players could carry the coaches but not if
they don't want to. In the end to win the whole thing you just have to want it more than the other team. It doesn't
seem like we want it.

Plus Marv is so damn frustrating out there. We need a new HC, like now. Don't care who it is, we need a change.

It is unfair to players like Dalton and Green who are playing their asses off.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wait......whaaaa......? Nervous

No one has ever confirmed that rumor and people around Palmer's neighbourhood have said it didn't happen. Just a rumor.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 05:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No one has ever confirmed that rumor and people around Palmer's neighbourhood have said it didn't happen. Just a rumor.

How can you say it never happened?

You have no idea if it happened or not.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You must be too young to remember the 1 and 2 win seasons of the 90's.....

The Bengals sucked in the 90s, but at no point did they go 1-15 nor 2-14 in that decade.

EDIT: I see someone pointed this out, and yes the fact that we stunk remains.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote