Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Of those left, who do you want in the second round?
(04-28-2023, 04:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the running game being complete ass for the last 2 years is the biggest issue. Tight ends are an after thought in this current offense

Agree with the need for a better running game and thus a good RB selection. Hope they hit a homerun on one. But still would love to improve the TE position.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 04:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Most of the guys I really want will likely be gone, but maybe 1 or 2 falls:

A. Fine Fifteen/Thrilled
TE: Mayer, Washington, LaPorta, Kraft
CB: Porter, Brents, C. Smith
OT: D. Jones, Bergeron, Mauch
DT: Benton
WR: Hyatt, Ringo
OG: Torrence, Avila

B. Happy
TE: Musgrave
CB: Turner, Stevenson
OC: Schmitz, Tippman

C. OK, my guys are gone
DT: Adebewore
NT: Ika
CB: Ringo
RB: Charbonnet, Achane  
WR: Downs, Tillman, Scott

I might go deeper at CB, but still a tad high for Miss, Rush, Trice, Bennett, or Williams. I think 1 of my top 20 will be there.

I could go with this list, although would move Charbonnet and Achane up the list, given the need for a RB. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 04:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: Seeing the impact of TEs like Kelce, Andrews, Kittle, Waller, Ertz, Schultz, and now Freiermuth does make me envious of the Bengals lacking in that position. How many times have Bengals fans lamented the difficulty of defending against them or watched teams wrack up first downs by throwing to the TE. Yeah, I'm one of those who really wants a good TE. I wanted Freiermuth last year and am hoping for a good TE in this draft class.

These guys are elite. You can stop there. 3 out of 32 teams have an elite tight end. Kelce is a generational talent. Do you know how hard those guys are to find? Do you want to waste a first round pick on that possibility? An elite guy at a low impact position when we have guys like Chase and Higgins on the roster? 

We dont need a good TE. That's not the difference to get us a super bowl. Having a better pass rush and protecting Joe are. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If Branch is sitting there at 60, I'd look long and hard, even though I would not be in the S market this early. But he'll be long gone, so it won't matter.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 05:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: These guys are elite. You can stop there. 3 out of 32 teams have an elite tight end. Kelce is a generational talent. Do you know how hard those guys are to find? Do you want to waste a first round pick on that possibility? An elite guy at a low impact position when we have guys like Chase and Higgins on the roster? 

We dont need a good TE. That's not the difference to get us a super bowl. Having a better pass rush and protecting Joe are. 

This seems so obvious to me.

Shiny toys syndrome. STS
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 04:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Most of the guys I really want will likely be gone, but maybe 1 or 2 falls:

A. Fine Fifteen/Thrilled
TE: Mayer, Washington, LaPorta, Kraft
CB: Porter, Brents, C. Smith
OT: D. Jones, Bergeron, Mauch
DT: Benton
WR: Hyatt, Ringo
OG: Torrence, Avila

B. Happy
TE: Musgrave
CB: Turner, Stevenson
OC: Schmitz, Tippman

C. OK, my guys are gone
DT: Adebewore
NT: Ika
CB: Ringo
RB: Charbonnet, Achane  
WR: Downs, Tillman, Scott

I might go deeper at CB, but still a tad high for Miss, Rush, Trice, Bennett, or Williams. I think 1 of my top 20 will be there.

I like your lists and screenshot to see who is still available as our pick approaches. Assuming you mean Mingo for group A at WR. As a Vol fan would rather have Mingo. Hyatt worries me a little. Just not 100% sold on his shiftiness and route running which are both prized traits from the slot.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 03:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think Washington’s blocking ability would compliment the OT’s potential struggles with speed rushers and still be able to run the short to intermediate routes and be red zone threat.

Think the same. I was very adamant about IF we go TE somewhat early he better be able to block. Kincaid just wasn't a fit here.

Need all the blockers we can get and Washington is a great one and maybe the best blocking TE to ever come out.

(04-28-2023, 04:04 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Bengals fans value tight end a hell of a lot more than the Bengals front office.

And that's a good thing IMO

If we are relying on Irv Smith Jr staying healthy I think that would be a bad thing...

Nothing wrong with adding to our weakest positions, TE or RB.

Good thing it is a deep Draft for both and we CAN wait if some great value in the trenches or Corner fall to us.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 04:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: Seeing the impact of TEs like Kelce, Andrews, Kittle, Waller, Ertz, Schultz, and now Freiermuth does make me envious of the Bengals lacking in that position. How many times have Bengals fans lamented the difficulty of defending against them or watched teams wrack up first downs by throwing to the TE. Yeah, I'm one of those who really wants a good TE. I wanted Freiermuth last year and am hoping for a good TE in this draft class.

Exactly and well said, Sample is just not the TE that works for our offense. Time for Zac to shine by drafting a good one. 
Reply/Quote
My "dream" rounds 2 and 3 are:
Round 2: Julius Brents CB Kansas State
Round 3: Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

The round 3 pick may be a bit of a pipe dream, but TEs have fallen so far in this draft, there's a chance it keeps occurring. If he isn't there, then I'd want Tyjae Spears or Roschon Johnson in the 3rd.

I don't know if they'd choose to address TE in day 2 or if they'd wait for Mallory, Strange, Allen, Kuntz, or Whyle in day 3 (it's a deep draft this year). RB is also a wild card that they may wait until day 3 for, so maybe they address OL in round 3 with someone like Nick Saldiveri or Blake Freeland.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 11:34 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Zach Charbonnet RB

This has a real possibility of happening. 

Then get the CB from Syracuse Williams or Battle the S from Alabama. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Jones at OT if he falls. Or any number of TE’s available would be good value in 2.
Reply/Quote
I think the only player I would trade up to get in the 2nd round would be Darnell Washington TE. He's big, strong, fast and has very good hands. I think he is going to be scary in the NFL. He could be boom or bust. I'm leaning towards boom. I think he could play RT in a pinch also. Then again what do I know. I wanted and got Billy Price. Be careful what you ask for , you may just get it!
Reply/Quote
RB is weird right now. Charbonnet, Miller and Evans are all good picks. Achane is an explosive player but also rather small and scouts out as very situational in use. If I had to chooser it would be Charbonnet or Evans because we need to ditch Mixon for off field issues, cap hit and lack of production.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 07:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: RB is weird right now. Charbonnet, Miller and Evans are all good picks. Achane is an explosive player but also rather small and scouts out as very situational in use. If I had to chooser it would be Charbonnet or Evans because we need to ditch Mixon for off field issues, cap hit and lack of production.

The backs I would like to see them target in this draft are:

Tyjae Spears
Roschon Johnson
Israel Abanikanda
Hunter Luepke
Deneric Prince
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 06:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My "dream" rounds 2 and 3 are:
Round 2: Julius Brents CB Kansas State
Round 3: Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State

The round 3 pick may be a bit of a pipe dream, but TEs have fallen so far in this draft, there's a chance it keeps occurring. If he isn't there, then I'd want Tyjae Spears or Roschon Johnson in the 3rd.

I don't know if they'd choose to address TE in day 2 or if they'd wait for Mallory, Strange, Allen, Kuntz, or Whyle in day 3 (it's a deep draft this year). RB is also a wild card that they may wait until day 3 for, so maybe they address OL in round 3 with someone like Nick Saldiveri or Blake Freeland.

I am absolutely on board with this.  I am 95% sure that our second round pick will be a CB.  Fortunately, I counted nine CB's that are consensus ranked between 45 and 75.  I am hoping for Brents but unless there is some ridiculous talent at another position they will take best corner available.

As to Porter -- I was praying to Baby Jesus that the Bengals would not take him last night.  So glad he will be going to the Stoolers; I'm losing some focus and it will be good to keep all my hatred in one place.  It will be fun watching Chase toast him for the next 10 years.  For those who don't understand, I was at the 2015 playoff game when Pappy Porter went on the field, egged Pacman into a personal foul that cost us the game, then smirked when Tomlin gave him a game ball.
Reply/Quote
gotta get a TE tonight.
Reply/Quote