Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About the Dolphins game
At least we get them at home.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:12 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I thought Miami looked pretty good today. I think it's a game Buffalo will look back on thinking maybe they have won as they had the better chances overall, but the Dolphins got crucial stops when needed and the go ahead TD drive had some big plays. They just played good football at the needed times. Teams that have a knack of that are dangerous. If we beat Miami on Thursday I'll be very high on the Bengals, as I think the Dolphins might be pretty decent this year. Tough game, but play like we know we can and no reason we can't get it.

I didn't watch any of it. But I was surprised by the score updates that it got to 14 all pretty quick but then a lot of nothing. Also surprised Allen had 400yds and they only had 17pts with the punt to the butt being a 2pt safety. Must have been some crucial stops like you said. I think we will certainly have to play better on offense than we did today to beat Miami. But Chase and Mixon are a couple of guys I think should have better games.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:42 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: sometimes I feel we play better on the road.

Statistically, I think we actually do.

Paging Fred……
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:49 PM)Whacked Wrote: Statistically, I think we actually do.

Paging Fred……

No clue how legit Statmuse is as a database, but they reckon:

All-Time Home: 227-190-3
All-Time Road: 149-279-2

Not even close if true! But to be expected.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah, they are about to get busted covering up a concussion. If you watch the replay he hits his head, shakes his head before getting up, gets up not grabbing his back and his legs wobble, then takes two steps and his legs give out.

The team themselves originally announced it as a head injury. This will end up with a fine of the team and potentially Tua for the lies.

Whaaaat? Don't you also shake your head trying to clear the cobwebs out of your head from your back injury while stumbling to the point of nearly falling, shaking your head some more, and then going rubber legged, drifting off to the side and needing to be held up? Typical unreported pre-existing back injury symptoms. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:29 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Speaking of Tua, I’m surprised Tee was back in the game that quickly

Tua claimed he injured his back on the previous play.  But his physical response said head injury not back injury

Tee was bleeding from the mouth.  He busted his upper lip.  He was holding his hand over his mouth during post-game interviews so no one would see his fat lip

Tyreek Hill is already talking.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Tyreek hill and waddle is a tough duo to stop. A lot of speed between those two guys. Probably won't happen but might be a good game to have Dax Hill get some extra snaps.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:42 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm not always sure it's an advantage, sometimes I feel we play better on the road.

Either way I think this is an intriguing game from a neutral's perspective. Definitely a good marker for both teams.

Hopefully we start early again and get the crowd fired up. Gonna need it to be loud. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:07 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hopefully we start early again and get the crowd fired up. Gonna need it to be loud. 

I will say, last year the crowd really backed the Bengals and I think it helped in the big home games. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:15 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I will say, last year the crowd really backed the Bengals and I think it helped in the big home games. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking about. Hopefully the crowd is fired up and has plenty to get loud about.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tua hurt his back. It wasn't his head after all. His back had given out on him.

That was NOT a back issue. That execuse by the Dolphins was laughable 
Reply/Quote
Buffalo dominated that game in every way except where it counts….the scoreboard
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  Not to sure about Miami other than they're offense looks really good. A lot of weapons and creative play calling.

Thye had 212 yards and 15 first downs.

They may look good on paper, but they didn't today.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thye had 212 yards and 15 first downs.

And that was against a Baltimore (week 16) type of secondary with all four of their DBs out. 
Reply/Quote
I think Miami is really good and will be a tough out, however, I think Tua’s greatness have been overblown. Baltimore’s defense has given up over 300 passing yards every game this year, with it being agains Flacco and Jones as well. Tua has been average at best aside from 1 quarter against the Ravens.

Still a tough ask.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 09:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thye had 212 yards and 15 first downs.

Wow.  Someone beat the mighty Bills with that offensive output?  Suddenly Miami seems a bit less intimidating.
Reply/Quote
The Jungle needs to bring it Thursday night. Needs to be a playoff atmosphere + the debut of our new helmets gotta come out with a W
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I think Tua will not be playing Thursday night. That ain't no back problem response. Trying to imitate Tiger, but there's no cringe, just gets right back up.
Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't Tua play. Can't retroactively say he's concussed and can't play.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just a little back spasm. Nothing more. Please don’t ask any more questions.

If Tee staggered like that and fell after a hit to the head and came back into the game, I would be raising hell. That QB and Tee are young guys that have long careers ahead of them as long as they are not put in danger. I know it was the QB and not a WR so you don't have other options, but the player must still be protected. Tee was hit hard with crown of the helmet to the face mask, but he did not get KO or stagger when he got up, he just took his time getting up as he should have.
Reply/Quote