Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About the Dolphins game
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote:  I think Thursday night games are ridiculous but I guess they are here to stay.

They've been playing TNF since 2006. After 16 years of Thursday games, I think that's a safe assumption. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:27 AM)Ravage Wrote: They've been playing TNF since 2006. After 16 years of Thursday games, I think that's a safe assumption. 

I’m not a big risk taker.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really just saw this stuff and thought it was worth posting.

I can't believe Tua was allowed to stay in the game. Not to sure about Miami other than they're offense looks really good. A lot of weapons and creative play calling.

They're defense hasn't had too many sacks or turnovers. So hopefully we can build off what we did offensively because we will need to be better.

They didn't do much offensively against the Bills, but still won.   I think their defense is pretty damn good.  No idea about the punt enema...
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:52 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: No clue how legit Statmuse is as a database, but they reckon:

All-Time Home: 227-190-3
All-Time Road: 149-279-2

Not even close if true! But to be expected.

Thank you
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 08:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nah, they are about to get busted covering up a concussion. If you watch the replay he hits his head, shakes his head before getting up, gets up not grabbing his back and his legs wobble, then takes two steps and his legs give out.

The team themselves originally announced it as a head injury. This will end up with a fine of the team and potentially Tua for the lies.

The Dolphins are the worst PR club outside the Happy Ending Cartoon Elves.  Busted for BLATANT tampering with both Brady and Peyton.  The Brian Flores pay-to-tank scandal.  Now, they are violating concussion protocols.  Yet, here they sit at 3-0.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I’m not a big risk taker.

The fact that you're a Bengals fan suggests otherwise. 

I was surprised when I saw it started in 2006 too, in fairness. It really doesn't feel that long ago. Same thing for the London games. Getting old sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They didn't do much offensively against the Bills, but still won.   I think their defense is pretty damn good.  No idea about the punt enema...

They are averaging a TD more a game than us on Offense, their defense is solid but so is ours.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They didn't do much offensively against the Bills, but still won.   I think their defense is pretty damn good.  No idea about the punt enema...

Not saying they're defense isn't good and I think beating them is gonna very tough.  But reasons for optimism is (and I'm only judging by fantasy football stats) that they're defense doesn't seem to be getting a ton of turnovers. I heard Allen had 5 or 6 interceptable balls and they didn't come away with any. They had 4 sacks against the Bills and while against Allen that is impressive I heard the bills were down to they're last starter as the bills struggled due to the heat. We're gonna need to score a good amount of points but hopefully we can protect and play aggressive.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Dolphins are the worst PR club outside the Happy Ending Cartoon Elves.  Busted for BLATANT tampering with both Brady and Peyton.  The Brian Flores pay-to-tank scandal.  Now, they are violating concussion protocols.  Yet, here they sit at 3-0.  

We kind of did the same thing. Higgins was out after that hit, and just had a concussion, and yet came back in the game. When he was laying motionless I didn't expect him back for a month.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Dolphins are the worst PR club outside the Happy Ending Cartoon Elves.  Busted for BLATANT tampering with both Brady and Peyton.  The Brian Flores pay-to-tank scandal.  Now, they are violating concussion protocols.  Yet, here they sit at 3-0.  

Tua said it was a back issue. I suppose we'll find out more information as the day progresses as to whether or not that is truth.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 09:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We kind of did the same thing. Higgins was out after that hit, and just had a concussion, and yet came back in the game. When he was laying motionless I didn't expect him back for a month.

I was certain he was done. The way he laid there really looked like he was knocked out.
Reply/Quote
Dolphin fans are behaving like they have already won that February game.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 09:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We kind of did the same thing. Higgins was out after that hit, and just had a concussion, and yet came back in the game. When he was laying motionless I didn't expect him back for a month.

Higgins got evaluated by the independent neurologist. I think there are questions around if Tua lied and said it was his back to avoid the standard concussion procedures on the sideline.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 09:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Higgins got evaluated by the independent neurologist. I think there are questions around if Tua lied and said it was his back to avoid the standard concussion procedures on the sideline.

Regarding his statement about the back, the thing that makes me skeptical is when he was getting up and the OL around him clearly seemed concerned. I think it was beyond an OL looking out for his QB. Of course, this is all conjecture by me based on what I observed.

Anyhow, hopefully Tua is okay and the Dolphins aren't just putting him out there when concussed.
Reply/Quote
Don’t believe any media narrative about Tua “out dueling” Josh Allen

The Miami defense held Buffalo to 19 points, and Tua was a great game manager. Which is a very beneficial style of QB play for a defense that plays at a high level

I never been a hater of Tua, but don’t think Tua is some world beater now that he has 2 elite weapons. He’ll play well, but he’s not that dude to have 30+ pass attempts with 275+ yards.

That team as a whole is good, and they’ve been good for a while. The o-line and sub par qb play were the things holding them back years prior
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 09:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Higgins got evaluated by the independent neurologist. I think there are questions around if Tua lied and said it was his back to avoid the standard concussion procedures on the sideline.

I rewatched some of the game and I'm not so sure Higgins wasn't saying what he needed to so he wouldn't miss time. That hit was ruthless and probably one of the worst most deliberate helmet to helmet hits I've seen in awhile. I think our players along with a lot of other players have shown that you can put good hits on a player in an attempt to dislodge the ball that don't target the head. Also what seemed to be a bang bang play that's hard to avoid players have shown that it can be done and it's deliberate when otherwise. There needs to be a very heavy fine on this hit.
Reply/Quote
This should be an entertaining game.

I didn't watch Dolphins/Bills but Josh Allen had 400 passing yards so I'm guessing the Dolphins forced some turnovers or something.

I'm expecting a high scoring game. But you never know.

Prediction: Burrow with the game ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:05 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Don’t believe any media narrative about Tua “out dueling” Josh Allen

Anyone who saw the game wouldn't be writing that (says a lot about the media in general). I've been praising the Dolphins amply for yesterday's win, but in no way was Tua the better QB. Allen was far more effective, the Bills just missed too many chances. Like us in Week 1, you make enough mistakes you'll lose any game.

The ball Allen threw on 4th and goal at the end I couldn't believe however.... thought that was a really bad play by a guy who is clearly an incredibly gifted QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:05 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Don’t believe any media narrative about Tua “out dueling” Josh Allen

Finally, something that I can wholeheartedly agree with you on.

With the idea that Tua likely was concussed, and may be out for TNF, do the Bengals have any history of facing Teddy Bridgewater?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins blitzed Allen repeatedly causing Allen some problems. Joe B. And the offensive line better be ready.
Reply/Quote