Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About the Dolphins game
(09-26-2022, 09:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We kind of did the same thing. Higgins was out after that hit, and just had a concussion, and yet came back in the game. When he was laying motionless I didn't expect him back for a month.

He wasn't motionless at all; watch it again, he was moving his head out of his helmet and something was constantly moving.

(09-26-2022, 10:11 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I rewatched some of the game and I'm not so sure Higgins wasn't saying what he needed to so he wouldn't miss time. That hit was ruthless and probably one of the worst most deliberate helmet to helmet hits I've seen in awhile. I think our players along with a lot of other players have shown that you can put good hits on a player in an attempt to dislodge the ball that don't target the head. Also what seemed to be a bang bang play that's hard to avoid players have shown that it can be done and it's deliberate when otherwise. There needs to be a very heavy fine on this hit.

It was a bullshit hit and I was furious as well, but the saving grace was that he was hit on the chin (so not quite the, "head)" and nothing snapped back on the fall: Tee's head was always up and stable.

Tua's hit, his head snapped back and slammed on the back of the head, right into the ground.

Tee: more-vicious, good impact spot.
Tua: less-vicious, bad impact spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:47 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: The Dolphins blitzed Allen repeatedly causing Allen some problems.  Joe B. And the offensive line better be ready.

Hopefully Joe can burn them on the blitze and cause them to second guess blitzing. As impressive as it was yesterday with Boyd absorbing the hit and taking it to the house as well as Burrow hanging in there. I thought the line did a good job on that play giving Burrow the time needed.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:11 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I rewatched some of the game and I'm not so sure Higgins wasn't saying what he needed to so he wouldn't miss time.

Since most players will lie about injuries I am pretty sure the concussion protocol has some more to it than just asking the player how they feel.

Same with Tua.  If teams could control the concussion protocol, then a lot more players would return.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since most players will lie about injuries I am pretty sure the concussion protocol has some more to it than just asking the player how they feel.

Same with Tua.  If teams could control the concussion protocol, then a lot more players would return.

There was a tweet for Emmanuel Ammacho ( I'm sure I butchered that) referencing the the Tua play. Where he said he took a hit in the past passed the protocol finished the game flew back drove to his neighborhood and then forgot what house was his. I'll trust the process but it isn't going to be perfect. 
It just looked like a bad hit and if he left I don't think he makes it back for Thursday although I'm sure he wasn't thinking that far ahead. Hopefully the hit just looked worse than it was.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since most players will lie about injuries I am pretty sure the concussion protocol has some more to it than just asking the player how they feel.

I'm also curious what exactly the what the protocol is exactly and how they determine a concussion has taken place. I know they have spotters to look for impacts or signs and start the potential protocol process. 
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember the Atlanta game where Burfict was stumbling around so bad that the refs made us take him out?

That was the worst example of playing a player with a head injury that I ever saw.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finally, something that I can wholeheartedly agree with you on.

With the idea that Tua likely was concussed, and may be out for TNF, do the Bengals have any history of facing Teddy Bridgewater?

Yeah he played awfully last year in Denver and was replaced midgame, but that might have been an injury.  Can't remember.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone remember the Atlanta game where Burfict was stumbling around so bad that the refs made us take him out?

That was the worst example of playing a player with a head injury that I ever saw.

I can't say I recall that particular game but Burfict definitely laid it all on the line for the team a few times. I remember a game with Whitworth where he took a hard collision and got up shaking his head and nothing was ever said about it. That might have also been the game against the Raiders where he got ejected for going after the guy who hit ( I want to say Dalton) late. 
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple is not taking the bait...for a change

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:51 PM)pally Wrote: Eli Apple is not taking the bait...for a change

How is she not sure what the background is? It’s clearly about Apple stopping Tyreek on the goal line in the AFCCG.

Reply/Quote
Now that Tua has some solid blocking and good receiving options, he's becoming an above-average QB.

Through 3 games:
Only sacked 5 times (Burrow tied with Wentz for league lead at 15)
2nd in pass rating - 117.8
2nd in yards - 925
4th in completion percentage - 71.3%
3rd in pass TDs - 8

Hill and Waddle might be the fastest WR tandem in the league.

Bengals defense will have their work cut out for them.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dolphins are beat up after yesterday's game. I haven't seen an estimated report from the Bengals. 15 players would have been out or limited in practice.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is she not sure what the background is? It’s clearly about Apple stopping Tyreek on the goal line in the AFCCG.

Stuck his ass...

Glad to see Tyreek not beating or menacing his kid's mom... Or the kid for that matter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone remember the Atlanta game where Burfict was stumbling around so bad that the refs made us take him out?

A remember a pretty bad Case Keenum incident years ago too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 05:34 PM)pally Wrote: Dolphins are beat up after yesterday's game.  I haven't seen an estimated report from the Bengals.  15 players would have been out or limited in practice.

And that's after playing against an injury riddled and depleted Bills roster yesterday.  Going to be tough for the Dolphins to be on their "A" game, after that body bruising slugfest, on the road with short rest.

The stars just may be aligned for the Bengals to re-establish themselves as the contender from the AFCN.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals are in a bit better shape. Collins's back and Hurst's groin injuries will have to be managed for most of the season. I suspect Sample will finally go on IR next week when the team has 4 guys (Prince, Taylor-Britt, Anderson, and Kareem) who should be ready to come off of IR. Am I wrong to think waiving (then signing to the PS) Jackson Carman will be one of the other roster moves?

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:51 PM)pally Wrote: Eli Apple is not taking the bait...for a change

Dude didn’t know who they were playing or that they were playing on Thursday.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really just saw this stuff and thought it was worth posting.

I can't believe Tua was allowed to stay in the game. Not to sure about Miami other than they're offense looks really good. A lot of weapons and creative play calling.

They're defense hasn't had too many sacks or turnovers. So hopefully we can build off what we did offensively because we will need to be better.

The Butt Punt is a new all-time classic.  The commercial tweets that followed were hilarious.  I am actually quite happy they beat Buffalo and it almost seems unbelievable that they did when you look at the stats of the game.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:59 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm also curious what exactly the what the protocol is exactly and how they determine a concussion has taken place. I know they have spotters to look for impacts or signs and start the potential protocol process. 

Players take the same cognitive and physical tests they are given after a hit to the head prior to the season, and that is used as a baseline compared to how well they do after a hit. The problem is some players purposely dumb down their baseline score in case they get hit later so they can get back faster. That's sad, really. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 10:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:
He wasn't motionless at all; watch it again, he was moving his head out of his helmet and something was constantly moving.

It was a bullshit hit and I was furious as well, but the saving grace was that he was hit on the chin (so not quite the, "head)" and nothing snapped back on the fall: Tee's head was always up and stable.

Tua's hit, his head snapped back and slammed on the back of the head, right into the ground.

Tee: more-vicious, good impact spot.
Tua: less-vicious, bad impact spot.

I've seen a lot of guys knocked out, this dude is completely out for a few seconds....

Reply/Quote