Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to CBS Sports.........
Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: 'Not getting my hopes up about Sunday'

He's worried about getting through a week of practice. That sounds to me like the knee might not be as good as what we are led to believe.

Personally, I'd rather he be in good health and we whip them.

Because the Blue Whale gives birth to the second biggest baby in the world......
What could possibly be a bigger baby???

A Steelers Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:10 PM)revans513 Wrote: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: 'Not getting my hopes up about Sunday'

He's worried about getting through a week of practice. That sounds to me like the knee might not be as good as what we are led to believe.

Because the Blue Whale gives birth to the second biggest baby in the world......

A Steelers Fan

:snark: Eh, we never know with this joke. I still think he plays until i hear it from Shefter or Glazer.

Don't like it though, our Defense is never as good as they should be against backups and i want to punish Ben bigtime.
Reply/Quote
While this week's game may be in question, no doubt the raping will continue unabated.
Reply/Quote
Why do people hope that he plays? You guys realize that if he plays, the Bengals are far more likely to lose the game than if Landry Jones or some other schmuck starts the game.

I'll take any advantage that I can get...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do people hope that he plays? You guys realize that if he plays, the Bengals are far more likely to lose the game than if Landry Jones or some other schmuck starts the game.

Exactly... last time we had a Super Bowl quality team they maimed our QB, thus taking the advantage by brute force. Super Bowl seasons are probably 75% talent and 25% luck, so bring on the luck.
Reply/Quote
While I suspect some level of gamesmanship with these injury "reports" and therefore take them with a grain of salt, I would love to see our D Line get after a hobbled Big Ben. If he is unable to move around and use his full strength to shed would-be tacklers the Bengals could very well see another 4 or 5 sack game.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do people hope that he plays? You guys realize that if he plays, the Bengals are far more likely to lose the game than if Landry Jones or some other schmuck starts the game.

THANK YOU. People who want him to play make little sense. The Steelers offense is no joke when Ben is in. 
Reply/Quote

THIS! 

A WIN IS A WIN

/Thead
Reply/Quote
Big Ben will go down clutching his knee one snap, and run for a 22 yard gain after escaping the pocket the next. You have to give Ben's injuries a side eye. We have to stop the run no matter what.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:33 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do people hope that he plays? You guys realize that if he plays, the Bengals are far more likely to lose the game than if Landry Jones or some other schmuck starts the game.

(10-28-2015, 09:36 PM)Utts Wrote: Exactly... last time we had a Super Bowl quality team they maimed our QB, thus taking the advantage by brute force. Super Bowl seasons are probably 75% talent and 25% luck, so bring on the luck.

Spot on. We're in a 16 (hopefully 19) game marathon here, so if we get a break and that fat **** doesn't play, then I'll gladly take that win and look forward to a 9-0 team heading west to play in AZ.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We can't control who is going to play for the Steelers, so I just hope we come out fired up, and play the brand of football we've been playing. That means confident and focused, but not uptight and fearing mistakes. We have the players and coaches to go out and win this game Sunday.
Reply/Quote
We just need to play focused and not make stupid mistakes. If we do that then we have the advantage.
Reply/Quote
Play our game. We are just a better team.
Reply/Quote
Every report up until now has been saying he'll play, so I think he's just saying he might not to throw us off in our preparation or so he looks like a hero for playing through the injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:10 PM)revans513 Wrote: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger: 'Not getting my hopes up about Sunday'

A Steelers Fan

The drama queen is just polishing up his tiara...

Don't you remember the 104 temperature (he said later he meant 100.4)?

Thumbgate I and II?

The Falcons said mean things to him and tried to hit him in the pee-pee?

Just drumming up some of his self-worshipping drama.   The Bengals need to make sure he goes home unhappy, but at least this way, he has the knee to fall back on.  Or a coach.  Or the lack of a 6'5" receiver.
Reply/Quote
I hope he doesn't play, but if he does I hope Atkins, Dunlap and crew....and a huge dose of Reggie Nelson on the safety blitz make his day long and painful.....
Reply/Quote

I don't recall 1 Steeler fans being upset when the blew up Carson's knee on the second play of the game in 2005. They went on to beat us and then eventually win the Super Bowl.

It is not our problem if Ben or any Steeler can't play. I am with you, I hope he either can't play or is at 70 or 80 percent giving us an edge to help even up the home field advantage.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 09:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The drama queen is just polishing up his tiara...

Don't you remember the 104 temperature (he said later he meant 100.4)?

Thumbgate I and II?

The Falcons said mean things to him and tried to hit him in the pee-pee?

Just drumming up some of his self-worshipping drama.   The Bengals need to make sure he goes home unhappy, but at least this way, he has the knee to fall back on.  Or a coach.  Or the lack of a 6'5" receiver.
Reply/Quote
Sirius picked the Bengals whether Big Ben plays or not. They even said even if he was at 100% the bengals are for real.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 09:36 PM)Utts Wrote: Exactly... last time we had a Super Bowl quality team they maimed our QB, thus taking the advantage by brute force. Super Bowl seasons are probably 75% talent and 25% luck, so bring on the luck.

one of those guys on TV says its not who you play but when you play them... Ill take a no rothelisburger team.... Steelers didnt seem to care when they beat the bengals after hurting palmer and other QBs...

The only reason i would want Ben to hobble out there is so we can send him back to the bench.
Reply/Quote