Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to ESPN, Marvin stays
Just found this
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18359303/marvin-lewis-cincinnati-bengals-retire-plans-coach-team-next-season

Unless Belicheck would decide he wants the challenge of winning a Super Bowl or 2 in Cincy, I'm not totally opposed to Marvin staying. Having Eifert for only half a season, missing Burfict for the first two games, and having AJ out for the last several games did not help our cause. The Oline played like dirt most of the year. We seldom had a run game.

I think we need other coaching changes, especially with the OLine and DBs.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if I believe this, anymore than I believe Cooley's rambling. Bottom line ticker is saying that "a source close to Lewis" is telling Ed Werder that Lewis is staying, much the same way Cooley is citing "a guy in Cincinnati". Essentially, neither Lewis or the organization has said anything of substance to anyone.

All just rumor mill hyperbole.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis to stay.

In related news, the sun will rise in the eastern sky tomorrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
When has Mike Brown ever let someone go before their contract expires?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 07:53 PM)Shady Wrote: Just found this
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18359303/marvin-lewis-cincinnati-bengals-retire-plans-coach-team-next-season

Unless Belicheck would decide he wants the challenge of winning a Super Bowl or 2 in Cincy, I'm not totally opposed to Marvin staying. Having Eifert for only half a season, missing Burfict for the first two games, and having AJ out for the last several games did not help our cause. The Oline played like dirt most of the year. We seldom had a run game.

I think we need other coaching changes, especially with the OLine and DBs.

Lewis is herpes.....hes forever
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:26 PM)GodFather Wrote: Lewis is herpes.....hes forever

Maybe he'll have a break out year in 2017...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When has Mike Brown ever let someone go before their contract expires?

The guy has impacted turds he's still waiting for his his water rate to reduce in the next billing cycle.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When has Mike Brown ever let someone go before their contract expires?

I've never been a fan of Mike Brown, and I criticize him plenty, but he has fired coaches who were under contract.

He fired Shula during the final year of his contract, and he fired Lebeau with a year left on his deal.

Then there was Sam, who still had 2 years left, although Mike originally insisted that he didn't get fired.
Reply/Quote

He abruptly let Mike nugent go... Out of no where Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 10:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never been a fan of Mike Brown, and I criticize him plenty, but he has fired coaches who were under contract.

He fired Shula during the final year of his contract, and he fired Lebeau with a year left on his deal.

Then there was Sam, who still had 2 years left, although Mike originally insisted that he didn't get fired.

All true. I just want a winner here in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
So much has been rumored about Lewis retiring, even to the point of him packing up his office etc.

IF that were to happen, it would play out just like we said, he leaves when he retires.

As for me, I would take that with a grain of salt because as long as MB is in place, I don't believe things will change much at all, regardless of who he hires as HC.
Reply/Quote
For what it is worth earlier tonight channel 12 was doing their sports and they said they had just finished filming a segment with Marvin and he told them he was not retiring.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So much has been rumored about Lewis retiring, even to the point of him packing up his office etc.

IF that were to happen, it would play out just like we said, he leaves when he retires.

As for me, I would take that with a grain of salt because as long as MB is in place, I don't believe things will change much at all, regardless of who he hires as HC.

But, it really hasn't been much.  Just one has-been never-was former Redskin player that landed a gig flapping his gums on sports radio, hell he didn't even have a source.  Just "a guy in Cincinnati"...  To be honest, I think Cooley was only day dreaming, and hoping it to be true so that his dream of Guenther joining Jay Gruden in D.C. would have a chance to come true.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:22 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: For what it is worth earlier tonight channel 12 was doing their sports and they said they had just finished filming a segment with Marvin and he told them he was not retiring.

Yup... 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yup... 

Damn !
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Damn !

Well, if they beat the Ravens, Marvin will be back to .500 versus the AFC in his career.

After all, he's only had 14 years. Baby steps!

[Image: Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Oh good, Marvin's back.....not like I wanted the hope of winning a playoff game next season anyways. Might as well go ahead and shut that idea down right now. Here's to 2018....maybe?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If he's back next year I'm cancelling Sunday ticket. Not wasting anymore of my money on this clown
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 08:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure if I believe this, anymore than I believe Cooley's rambling.  Bottom line ticker is saying that "a source close to Lewis" is telling Ed Werder that Lewis is staying, much the same way Cooley is citing "a guy in Cincinnati".  Essentially, neither Lewis or the organization has said anything of substance to anyone.  

All just rumor mill hyperbole.

agreed. Although I think the source close to Lewis is Lewis, who does t plan on retiring. I dont believe the Colley report, and I don't expect Lewis to go anywhere. If he does this off season its on the far distant unlikelihood of someone close to mike convincing him it's time to change.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:19 AM)Benton Wrote: agreed. Although I think the source close to Lewis is Lewis, who does t plan on retiring. I dont believe the Colley report, and I don't expect Lewis to go anywhere. If he does this off season its on the far distant unlikelihood of someone close to mike convincing him it's time to change.

You would think Mike would say at this point, to hell with the money, I wanna see a winner before it's to late.

I guess the love of money trumps his legacy ? To each his own I guess.
Reply/Quote