Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Marvin, we need to extend him...
This guy...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/01/25/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-reflects-and-looks-for-contract-extension/97056850/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
After 15yrs of coaching this team, this article doesn't say shit. This should be an article from a 2nd or 3rd year coach. This douchebag has facilitated the drafting of every player on this team and the leadership he has instilled and it doesn't work. GTFO of here so we can finally win our first Lombardi. It's not all about you!

Reply/Quote
It's time for the coaches to be made to feel comfortable and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year players to step up. Yep, that's about right.
Reply/Quote
Read as: "As long as Mike Brown is still the GM, I'll be your coach", and "I'm not ready to retire yet".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Read as:  "As long as Mike Brown is still the GM, I'll be your coach", and "I'm not ready to retire yet".

And we enter the character-building phase of the off season ..... somebody make it stop
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I'm Henry the 8th I am, Henry the 8th I am, I am...........

2nd verse same as the first...........

Please somebody make it end
Reply/Quote
for your reading pleasure...or maybe not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779185/article/marvin-lewis-hopes-to-sign-contract-extension
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200w.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif]

This x100
Reply/Quote
Well Shit
Reply/Quote
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown extends his contract, this team is toast. It might be already.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif]

this^
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
OK, I brought myself to somehow be fine with him having one last shot next year to achieve what he thinks he can achieve.
And normally I like consistency.

But this is a bit much I got to say. How one can ask for an extention in these circumstances is beyond me. That is a bit cocky.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Marvin is here until we get a new owner or he resigns. Despite what others think I believe Browns wants to win a Super Bowl. I think he is aware that everyday he is getting older and if he re-builds he might not live to see the end result. From his perspective Marvin is his best option.
Reply/Quote
If he gets an extension, and people continue to go to games, we will deserve every embarrassing Primetime/big game/playoff loss we continue to endure. I'm sorry but this falls mostly on the fans. We know how to make Mikey make a change, and it sure as hell isnt billboards and urinal cakes. Filling his pockets only tells him our fanbase in content with mediocrity... And sadly I believe a huge percentage of our fanbase actually is.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 01:58 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Marvin is here until we get a new owner or he resigns. Despite what others think I believe Browns wants to win a Super Bowl. I think he is aware that everyday he is getting older and if he re-builds he might not live to see the end result. From his perspective Marvin is his best option.

All Mike has to do is look around the league for some recent examples of new coaches coming in and having success quickly. Just look at Dan Quinn and Gary Kubiak. 

I agree he wants to win btw. Some of our teams were way too good for me to believe he was aiming for mediocrity. Sometimes it really is just bad luck (05 & 15). 

Reply/Quote
Whenever I think about what Belichek could do with the talent on this roster, I reach for the crystal meth.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Yep I'm about done with this organization
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote