Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
According to some on here the Chiefs could put anyone at WR?
(09-08-2023, 01:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: Brady had plenty of great receiving targets.  Moss, Welker, Gronk, and Edelman were all extremely good.

1) Gronk is a TE, we talking WRs
2) I said “like 15 years”. Dude played over 20 and we all know he had a few years sprinkled in there with some good targets…otherwise I would’ve said “Brady’s entire career”
3) are you really trying to say Edelman was extremely good? Dude put up WR3 numbers most years….his best seasons were still at most WR2 production.

Sorry man but you missed with this reply.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:58 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Alot of you are missing the point.
WRs aren't so easy to replace as you might
Tend to believe. Not one Chiefs had over 50 yards
Tonight vs the Lions.
Look at Mahomes stat line. Thats a Baker Mayfield
Stat line. Under 300 yards and 2 TDs and 1 INT.

And what was Burrow's stat line last year at KC with Chase and Higgins? 270 1 td 2 ints, hmm ...it is one game 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WR’s are more important in today’s game than some old heads on here want to admit, but that said this thread is an overreaction. KC wins easily if Kelce and Chris Jones play.

The difference is not the importance but there are way more quality WRs coming out of college plus the game has changed avg WRs have better stats with the amount and type of throws..  Look at SB last year outside of AJ Brown neither had strong WRs but they made it to super bowl. 
Reply/Quote
I'm glad the Chiefs lost. But I'm not going to put to much stock in 1 game results.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 02:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The difference is not the importance but there are way more quality WRs coming out of college plus the game has changed avg WRs have better stats with the amount and type of throws..  Look at SB last year outside of AJ Brown neither had strong WRs but they made it to super bowl. 

“Outside of AJ Brown” (a top 10 WR) LOL

Also, DeVonta Smith literally exists.

Reply/Quote
Worst game those WRs will ever have

Mahommes was putting insane passes right in their laps and they just couldn’t catch. Pat should not be this good week 1 lol Jesus Christ he was in playoff form.

I know Mahommes can win with lesser talent around him but god damn you can’t have NOTHING around him. Dudes still gotta make plays.

They win the game with Kelce alone. Screw Jones. If Kelce plays this game isn’t even close. Lions shouldn’t really be too happy about this one. If this same Mahommes with no Jones or Kelce played us, we would’ve bullied those bum ass Chiefs. Winning by 1 point with who was gone and how the Chiefs played tells me the Lions are good but not on that level yet and all off-season we’ve heard how it’s the Lions chance to shine
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:42 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Do you not remember they won the Super Bowl last year without Hill?  They beat us in the AFC Championship without Hill.  They dont need Hill to win.  Chiefs win this game with Kelce. 

And we'd have won that game if we weren't down Jonah, Collins, Cappa, AND Boyd.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:44 AM)Joelist Wrote: I want to see what happens when they have to play in front of refs who actually call both their tackles for holds and Jawaan Taylor in particular for illegal formation...

Amen. They finally called a hold on the last KC possession on the LT. But the RT was early and lined up off the LOS ALL NIGHT. 
Reply/Quote
KC being down Kelce is comparable to the Bengals being down Chase. With Tee and Boyd, the Bengals are much better equipped to handle the loss of their top receiver.

Also, KC is putting a lot of eggs in the basket of a soon-to-be 34 year old receiver. Chase has 10 years on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: Taylor is such trash.  I remember KC fans around the internet claiming he was an upgrade over OBJ.  

Who's already injured.... Ninja Hilarious ( I don't find it humorous OBJ is injured, I just find it humous that Baltimore signed him to be their savior.)
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:58 AM)J24 Wrote: 07 Cavs

Idk who’s gonna get that reference. Don’t peg many for Cavs fans like myself

I don’t think these guys are THAT bad around Pat. This was just a fluke game.

People also gotta remember playing with Mahommes is insanely hard as a WR. You can’t just run routes and expect the ball. Pat runs around so much you damn near gotta run routes with one eye in the backfield cause Pat could flip that play to the whole other side and now he’s expecting you to follow him and bail him out. Offensive linemen have also spoke about how difficult it is to play with Pat.

I hate to sound like I’m meat riding but Pat may be TOO good at creation. Andy Reid may have to tell him to stop doing it as much until the WRs get a feel of how they should play. The Chiefs WRs looked as if Kansas City didn’t practice that in the off-season. Like they were doing straight drop backs with no pressure all offseason. They just could not track balls.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who's already injured.... Ninja Hilarious ( I don't find it humorous OBJ is injured, I just find it humous that Baltimore signed him to be their savior.)

He meant Orlando Brown, Jr. Sled  Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:23 AM)Housh Wrote: Worst game those WRs will ever have

Mahommes was putting insane passes right in their laps and they just couldn’t catch. Pat should not be this good week 1 lol Jesus Christ he was in playoff form.

I know Mahommes can win with lesser talent around him but god damn you can’t have NOTHING around him. Dudes still gotta make plays.

They win the game with Kelce alone. Screw Jones. If Kelce plays this game isn’t even close. Lions shouldn’t really be too happy about this one. If this same Mahommes with no Jones or Kelce played us, we would’ve bullied those bum ass Chiefs. Winning by 1 point with who was gone and how the Chiefs played tells me the Lions are good but not on that level yet and all off-season we’ve heard how it’s the Lions chance to shine

15 did throw two right into the hands of defenders that were dropped too. 

If they'd called all of the illegal formation, false start, and holding penalties they should have been calling, Detroit may have blown KC out. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: He meant Orlando Brown, Jr. Sled  Wink

Yeah, I'm still on my first cup of coffee.... Hilarious Point remains though....
Reply/Quote
it's amazing how open travis is every play with how butter finger his WRs were tonight xD
Reply/Quote
There were plenty of people foaming all over KC when they beat us. Their front office was golden. As Issac Curtis said with our OL healthy we win that game and we are 4-0 versus them. Hey hats off to them they hit on their IOL with Humphrey & Smith. Their rookie deals have helped them too.

It may be one game but just like you could see through the years our OL was a problem their tackles on O and receivers aren’t great. The path to the SB is as free flowing as it has ever been. The Ravens are tough as is the division. Absolutely have to take care of business.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:18 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: KC being down Kelce is comparable to the Bengals being down Chase.  With Tee and Boyd, the Bengals are much better equipped to handle the loss of their top receiver.  

Also, KC is putting a lot of eggs in the basket of a soon-to-be 34 year old receiver.  Chase has 10 years on him.

I think we are discounting they had picked Rice in 2nd rookie, had a TD lst game so I'm sure they expe t production from him just as we did the same with Higgins drafted. KC will be fine but happy they losed
Reply/Quote
Toney apparently lost the ability to catch the football at some point in that game.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 09:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Toney apparently lost the ability to catch the football at some point in that game.

He looked like he had his abilities stolen by the Monstars for this game. 
Reply/Quote
If someone were so inclined, there's probably a mathematical way to figure things out.

We're going to lose some players because of Burrow's contract. Maybe Bates was one already. Maybe Boyd and Reader are others. Maybe Collins.

The Bengals kept Hendrickson.

Higgins averaged 65.3 yards per game receiving last year. Say we need Burrow to throw for 275 yards to win. Say Higgins can average 75 yards receiving per game.

Higgins salary cap number is around $2.5 million now. Say he wants $22 million a year. You go from paying 2.5 million to 22 million for 75 receiving yards per game.

I'm not saying it can't be done. Just analyzing it. And you're paying Burrow like $45 million more too. Burrows production may increase by say 10-20% or so, but he's near his ceiling in terms of yards and TD's.

There's a reason that teams with rookie contract QB's have a huge advantage. Having 2 top paid WR's seems unprecedented among teams that win SB's.
Reply/Quote