Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
According to some on here the Chiefs could put anyone at WR?
(09-08-2023, 02:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm glad the Chiefs lost. But I'm not going to put to much stock in 1 game results.

I'm not so sure that the Chiefs lost that game as much as the Lions WON that game.  All game long I was waiting for the emotion level to fall off on Detroit, but it didn't.  They just kept playing their butts off.  Looking like Dan Campbell is really building something impressive up there in Detroit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: He meant Orlando Brown, Jr. Sled  Wink

Glad I'm not the only one who sees OBJ and automatically thinks of Beckham.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 09:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure that the Chiefs lost that game as much as the Lions WON that game.  All game long I was waiting for the emotion level to fall off on Detroit, but it didn't.  They just kept playing their butts off.  Looking like Dan Campbell is really building something impressive up there in Detroit.

Stayed up way past my bedtime. This game was exciting. I was pulling for Detroit. They needed that win for confidence going into the season and found a way to get it. KC may be the better team but Detroit had heart. Oh, and "F" Travis Kelsey. No reference, just wanted to say it. Damn jabroni.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:23 AM)Housh Wrote: Worst game those WRs will ever have

Mahommes was putting insane passes right in their laps and they just couldn’t catch. Pat should not be this good week 1 lol Jesus Christ he was in playoff form.

I know Mahommes can win with lesser talent around him but god damn you can’t have NOTHING around him. Dudes still gotta make plays.

They win the game with Kelce alone. Screw Jones. If Kelce plays this game isn’t even close. Lions shouldn’t really be too happy about this one. If this same Mahommes with no Jones or Kelce played us, we would’ve bullied those bum ass Chiefs. Winning by 1 point with who was gone and how the Chiefs played tells me the Lions are good but not on that level yet and all off-season we’ve heard how it’s the Lions chance to shine

You can argue the Chiefs win with Kelce.  You can also argue Detroit still wins if KC has Kelce and the refs actually called something on their OL.  It was so bad last night that even the national media is picking the story up this morning.  Hell, Burrow would two rings already if our OL could get away with a quarter of what theirs did last night.  

The real discussion is KC can put anybody they want out there at OL with as much help as the refs are giving them.
Reply/Quote
Opposing defenses simply going
Foward are going double and triple
Team Travis Kelce and make Toney
Rice and Moore beat them downfield
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 09:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure that the Chiefs lost that game as much as the Lions WON that game.  All game long I was waiting for the emotion level to fall off on Detroit, but it didn't.  They just kept playing their butts off.  Looking like Dan Campbell is really building something impressive up there in Detroit.

Yup

The Lions are looking more and more like a team that's gonna make some noise. Of course going back to their finish of last season. Awesome Oline, Goff is decent at worst. Now have that TE what's his name?

Can you imagine the Lions winning NFC North?
Reply/Quote
Last night was one game. But I don’t think I’ve ever watched them where I felt better about the matchup. No the WR aren’t gonna drop 9 passes every game but yet it looks to be an issue. Their OL doesn’t look as good at tackle. Of course the microscope turns to us Sunday. Every team is rusty. But dropped balls are killers.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I wanna keep Tee, but the Lions ain't no slouches. They've won 9 of their last 11 games.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Sure, well done Lions and all, but imho Toney lost the game. The pick 6 was his fault, and when they needed a field goal late he dropped a pass while wide open.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:33 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Just got done watching the Lions beat the Chiefs.
What stood out the most? The lack of plays produced
By the Chiefs WRs..   yet some on here proclaimed the "Chiefs offensive model " is the best way to go.
You know it so easy to replace Hill with bums like Kadarius Toney.. eh..no problem right.? Mahomes will make happen.  
This game showed all the more reason the Bengsls
Need to retain Tee Higgins

While they looked terrible you have to remember they shot themselves in the foot multiple times… I think they had 8 drops total, 3 on the final drive. Running game was poor, and put a lot of pressure on Mahomes… Detroit was a lot more focused and physical, and took advantage of mistakes. Mahomes isn’t going to throw 2 picks every game though, let alone a pick 6. Not sure what they do about the running game, too early to tell. I think the Bengals will be their daddy this year if everyone stays healthy, though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 08:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: 15 did throw two right into the hands of defenders that were dropped too. 

If they'd called all of the illegal formation, false start, and holding penalties they should have been calling, Detroit may have blown KC out. 

Detroit also fumbed once deep in KC territory. FG at least. 
Reply/Quote
Eh, it's Week 1 and although I'm certainly not a Chiefs fan, I can probably imagine they, like us, didn't play many starters during the preseason. If the Lions were going to beat them, week 1 was gonna be their best shot. No Kelce and no Jones? Even better!

We can talk the importance of Kelce in their offense but what about the importance of Jones to their defense? Does DET run out the clock running the ball 3 straight times, gaining a first down, with Jones in the DLine?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 11:40 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Eh, it's Week 1 and although I'm certainly not a Chiefs fan, I can probably imagine they, like us, didn't play many starters during the preseason. If the Lions were going to beat them, week 1 was gonna be their best shot. No Kelce and no Jones? Even better!

We can talk the importance of Kelce in their offense but what about the importance of Jones to their defense? Does DET run out the clock running the ball 3 straight times, gaining a first down, with Jones in the DLine?

That's right

NFL week one almost always has some wonky results. Don't get too broke up if middle of the road team A beats juggernaut team B. Because come week 3 or 4 it usually starts playing out about who's the real contenders and who's the pretenders. 

Didn't the Chiefs just a couple years ago start out like 1-3 or something?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's right

NFL week one almost always has some wonky results. Don't get too broke up if middle of the road team A beats juggernaut team B. Because come week 3 or 4 it usually starts playing out about who's the real contenders and who's the pretenders. 

Didn't the Chiefs just a couple years ago start out like 1-3 or something?

Not sure about 1-3 but I saw last night was the first time Mahomes has ever lost a season opener.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:33 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Just got done watching the Lions beat the Chiefs.
What stood out the most? The lack of plays produced
By the Chiefs WRs..   yet some on here proclaimed the "Chiefs offensive model " is the best way to go.
You know it so easy to replace Hill with bums like Kadarius Toney.. eh..no problem right.? Mahomes will make happen.  
This game showed all the more reason the Bengsls
Need to retain Tee Higgins

Those WR's dropped a lot of balls and Hutch was getting pressure all night on Mahomes. Also the Lions OL and Ragnow my boy
played very well and the WR's for the Lions caught those PA passes. I agree we need to keep our stud WR, but that is Ja'Marr 
Chase, not Tee Higgins. Love Tee though, but with his agent I doubt we sign him to what his agent wants and keep Chase.

Keep Chase who deserves #1 WR money.

And yes, the Chiefs win that game with Kelce, even though it was a fine win for the Lions. Will be rooting for the Lions all year 
in the NFC, they have went through a lot of crap in that org.

(09-08-2023, 12:42 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Do you not remember they won the Super Bowl last year without Hill?  They beat us in the AFC Championship without Hill.  They dont need Hill to win.  Chiefs win this game with Kelce. 

Yeah, I agree. The Chiefs still had Kelce after losing Hill, just like we will still have Chase after losing Tee.

Let's get Tee a SB ring before he goes eh?

(09-08-2023, 12:44 AM)Joelist Wrote: I want to see what happens when they have to play in front of refs who actually call both their tackles for holds and Jawaan Taylor in particular for illegal formation...

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous even though I liked that the refs stayed out of the game for the most part.

Taylor was lining up WAY too far back. That is cheating IMO.

(09-08-2023, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: While the KC WRs blew it with some of those drops, the Chiefs won the SB after replacing Hill with Toney.  It's swell the Chiefs lost, but it was only week 1 when we started 0-1 last year, so it's fair to point out that it's only week 1 for them, too.

But hey, we take care of our own business and beat the Browns on Sunday and we're as close to that 1 seed as we can be after 1 week, eh?

Yeah, love that the Lions helped us out on our way, but we need to take care of our own bidness and beat the Stains Sunday. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 09:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Stayed up way past my bedtime. This game was exciting. I was pulling for Detroit. They needed that win for confidence going into the season and found a way to get it. KC may be the better team but Detroit had heart. Oh, and "F" Travis Kelsey. No reference, just wanted to say it. Damn jabroni.

Damn rights Harley, cannot stand Travis Kelce, his commercials piss me off, everything about him pisses me off now...

Dude is a cocky shit with no class. Mellow
Reply/Quote
What was up with them letting Taylor get away with lining up so far off the LoS consistently anyways? Isn't the furthest-back a lineman can be set is "helmet even with the Center's hips"? Why wasn't that called? It was so egregious evidently, that the color commentators were discussing it with a third guy DURING a break in play.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure about 1-3 but I saw last night was the first time Mahomes has ever lost a season opener.

Just looked it up they started out 1-2, beat the Browns in the opener. Then went to 2-3 and everybody (the media) was going crazy. Have the Chiefs lost it?? 2021 season
Reply/Quote

I mean the Chiefs had 4 drops, some of which would have been for big gains/first downs and one of them that caused a pick 6. It's not like the Lions just out played them. 

On their last drive Toney dropped his 3rd ball which would have basically put them into FG range to possibly win the game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean the Chiefs had 4 drops, some of which would have been for big gains/first downs and one of them that caused a pick 6. It's not like the Lions just out played them. 

On their last drive Toney dropped his 3rd ball which would have basically put them into FG range to possibly win the game. 

They also had a trick play get blown up in their faces, got stuffed on 4th down, and got away with lining their RT up in the backfield all night. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote