Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
According to some on here the Chiefs could put anyone at WR?
I have a funny feeling the NFL is going to tell the crew for the next Chiefs game (in Jacksonville) to watch both of the Chiefs tackles like a hawk for false starts and holds and Taylor for illegal formation. This is really bad publicity and even the network commentators were calling it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They also had a trick play get blown up in their faces, got stuffed on 4th down, and got away with lining their RT up in the backfield all night. 

I never said the Chiefs played flawless. But the self-inflicted mistakes by their WR is a huge part of why they lost. Toney probably had one of the worst games a WR could have and it wasn't because the Lions were playing great Defense. The Lions looked meh to me given the Chiefs were missing their best defensive player, best offensive player (outside if Mahomes) and the issues with Toney. They barely scraped a 1 point victory. 

I'm super glad they won because F the Chiefs and it helps us but I wasn't really impressed by the Lions play. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have a funny feeling the NFL is going to tell the crew for the next Chiefs game (in Jacksonville) to watch both of the Chiefs tackles like a hawk for false starts and holds and Taylor for illegal formation. This is really bad publicity and even the network commentators were calling it out.

Agreed, it was pitiful. I feel like they missed a lot of holds on the LT as well. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:08 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have a funny feeling the NFL is going to tell the crew for the next Chiefs game (in Jacksonville) to watch both of the Chiefs tackles like a hawk for false starts and holds and Taylor for illegal formation. This is really bad publicity and even the network commentators were calling it out.

They should, and that LJ should be canned. That was pathetic.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They also had a trick play get blown up in their faces, got stuffed on 4th down, and got away with lining their RT up in the backfield all night. 

.....and Pat threw two sure INTs that Detroit defenders dropped. The Lions deserve some credit.

Reply/Quote
Agree it's only one game. But, I kept thinking about Bienemy's influence now a distant memory. Not sure if it is or isn't. but, maybe he was the magic sauce all along.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 09:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Glad I'm not the only one who sees OBJ and automatically thinks of Beckham.

Took me a while to get used to it too. 

Reply/Quote
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/officials-looked-the-other-way-on-many-jawaan-taylor-fouls
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Right, not to mention ha looked like he was doing the "maniac dance" before every snap.

He's a maniac, maniac on the floor
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:33 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Just got done watching the Lions beat the Chiefs.
What stood out the most? The lack of plays produced
By the Chiefs WRs..   yet some on here proclaimed the "Chiefs offensive model " is the best way to go.
You know it so easy to replace Hill with bums like Kadarius Toney.. eh..no problem right.? Mahomes will make happen.  
This game showed all the more reason the Bengsls
Need to retain Tee Higgins

They've invested a lot into WR, none have panned out yet.
They look a lot better when they have Kelce out there to be the focus.

Toney - former 1st rounder
Moore - 2nd rounder
Rice - 2nd rounder

MVS has just been meh in his career, but he was a 5th rounder so he's exceeded expectations in that regard.
He's what you would be ok with as your 3rd/4th option.

I don't necessarily think the Bengals have to retain Higgins, but the Chiefs showed what can happen when your proven receiving weapons are all out.

One thing though that might be a bigger impact than originally thought - Bienemy leaving for the Commanders.
He might have been a bigger reason for their success before and just not getting enough credit because Reid was the HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The WRs cost them this game, not to mention Kelcey was out. Without Kelsey, the chief's offensive threat diminishes by half at most, to a quarter at least.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They've invested a lot into WR, none have panned out yet.

Moore - 2nd rounder
Rice - 2nd rounder

MVS has just been meh in his career, but he was a 5th rounder so he's exceeded expectations in that regard.

I don't necessarily think the Bengals have to retain Higgins, but the Chiefs showed what can happen when your proven receiving weapons are all out.

One thing though that might be a bigger impact than originally thought - Bienemy leaving for the Commanders.
He might have been a bigger reason for their success before and just not getting enough credit because Reid was the HC.

You may well be onto something there? We'll see as season goes on?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They've invested a lot into WR, none have panned out yet.

Moore - 2nd rounder
Rice - 2nd rounder

It's what 50/50 chance a draft prospect taken near the end of the first round will be successful. It drops to about 40% in the second round. And these guys get the opportunities to succeed over the single digit percentage chance the 6th and 7th round guys get.

Edit: New tablet still hasn't caught on to my normal typos and fixes them for me lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:30 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: What was up with them letting Taylor get away with lining up so far off the LoS consistently anyways? Isn't the furthest-back a lineman can be set is "helmet even with the Center's hips"? Why wasn't that called? It was so egregious evidently, that the color commentators were discussing it with a third guy DURING a break in play.

I seriously think the refs were told to try and stay out of the game as much as possible for this opener. Seriously when Collinsworth
is calling out JaWaan Taylor all night for such egregious (good word for it btw) it won't be tolerated the next game. That is cheating 
when your Tackle plays that far back and is a penalty for a reason.

The Lions deserved the win though, bad fumble by our ole buddy Marvin Lewis Jones hurt them with that fumble in the RZ, but on 
both sides of the ball in the trenches the Lions were better in most every way. The LB's of the Chiefs had to blitz and jump in the air
to knock down balls or this game would of not been so close. If they play us like this we win easily.
Reply/Quote
Let's also remember that it was a typical week one game where goofs in play tend to abound caused partly by lack of game speed snaps together. That said the refs let the Chiefs tackles get away with murder and while the WRs dropped a lot of passes Mahomes didn't do them a lot of favors either - there were at least two balls that DET should have picked but dropped in addition to the one that they did catch. KC will likely clean some of this up but it will be interesting to see what happens. Lest we forget that in the playoffs last year it was a pair of unforced (REALLY unforced) turnovers by Jax that resulted in KC squeaking by them. If they clean that nonsense up this year they may very well beat the Chiefs next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's also remember that it was a typical week one game where goofs in play tend to abound caused partly by lack of game speed snaps together. That said the refs let the Chiefs tackles get away with murder and while the WRs dropped a lot of passes Mahomes didn't do them a lot of favors either - there were at least two balls that DET should have picked but dropped in addition to the one that they did catch. KC will likely clean some of this up but it will be interesting to see what happens. Lest we forget that in the playoffs last year it was a pair of unforced (REALLY unforced) turnovers by Jax that resulted in KC squeaking by them. If they clean that nonsense up this year they may very well beat the Chiefs next week.

If only there were games before the season started to give the starters opportunity to have game-speed snaps....
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lost in the shuffle....we went to the AFCCG with three linemen out, and Tyler Boyd lost early. They called that "excuses", so that's what I'm calling this. An excuse.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's also remember that it was a typical week one game where goofs in play tend to abound caused partly by lack of game speed snaps together. That said the refs let the Chiefs tackles get away with murder and while the WRs dropped a lot of passes Mahomes didn't do them a lot of favors either - there were at least two balls that DET should have picked but dropped in addition to the one that they did catch. KC will likely clean some of this up but it will be interesting to see what happens. Lest we forget that in the playoffs last year it was a pair of unforced (REALLY unforced) turnovers by Jax that resulted in KC squeaking by them. If they clean that nonsense up this year they may very well beat the Chiefs next week.

The Defense was ahead of the Offenses as usual correct and it was a typical week one game in this way.

Forgot the Chiefs have to play the Jags next week, whoa... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:45 PM)Synric Wrote: It's what 50/50 chance a draft prospect taken near the end of the first round will be successful. It drops to about 40% in the second round. And these guys get the opportunities to succeed over the single digit percentage chance the 6th and 7th round guys get.

Edit: New tablet still hasn't caught on to my normal typos and fixes them for me lol.

Chiefs also arguably reached on Moore and Rice.
Both come from schools not even in Power 5 conferences.

And we know how poorly Toney has played since joining the league. Only 12 games with NYG before they were ready to move on.
And he really was more of a gadget/utility player most of his college career, not a bona fide WR.

Maybe they thought they could turn water into wine better than they actually could.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
At first I was taken aback we were talking about the Cheifs after week 1 when we don't play them until December.

But I know damn well the Cheifs are going to be talking about us if we lose to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote