Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adam Jones continues to not get it
(05-10-2017, 10:55 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'll believe his anger management classes are actually working when he can handle himself like a reasonable adult.

Reasonable adults often get upset and curse when they get hit by another car.

You got so upset that you used the term "POS" over something as slight as a message board post.  But you expect us all to believe you would never curse at someone who hit your car?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: At this point, I don't care if the defense becomes worse, just cut him. At some point you have to learn to not be a hothead and not easily triggered into tantrums when anyone questions/taunts you. Plus, I'm ready to see Dennard and/or WJ3 sink or swim opposite DK. Let the first rounders play.

At the end of the day, this is where I am too.....as you and I discussed before.  I think we need to play these guys sooner so we know what we have before contract time.

I will have to agree with fred on one thing for sure though, police often tend to exaggerate police reports....kind of throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's a waste of a roster spot

He is one of the best players in the league at arguably the most important position on defense.

He is the exact opposite of a "waste of a roster spot"
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, no one else has ever gotten mad and cursed when someone crashes into their car.

Never happens except for Pacman.

Rolleyes

Waits for the guy who is getting all worked up over a message board post to claim he has never ever gotten mad and cursed anyone in his life.

If pacman were a client of yours would try to counsel him on what he posts or tweets about? I understand him, or anyone else being mad about being in a car wreck. But airing his comments publicly that he made to a high schooler who was apologetic, remorseful and at least somewhat concerned about his safety. Pacman was only concerned about himself.

But you seem entirely ok with his actions. Or just want to argue. Or both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He is one of the best players in the league at arguably the most important position on defense.

He is the exact opposite of a "waste of a roster spot"

He was ranked the 42nd best CB in the NFL in 2016.

Lol
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: At the end of the day, this is where I am too.....as you and I discussed before.  I think we need to play these guys sooner so we know what we have before contract time.

I will have to agree with fred on one thing for sure though, police often tend to exaggerate police reports....kind of throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

So am I. His act is way past getting old. Jones is his own worst enemy & the media will never relent on him or his actions.

Let the kids play.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:03 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: At the end of the day, this is where I am too.....as you and I discussed before.  I think we need to play these guys sooner so we know what we have before contract time.

Except what Fred is referring to his other incident with the Cincinnati police. This was a minor traffic accident that pacman still acted like a knucklehead over.

He'd do himself a huge favor if he'd stop posting his comments publicly

Reply/Quote
Since when is swearing at a dip***t against the law? Jones has every right to be pissed. Seems like a lot of nothing to do about nothing here. That being said, I hope Denard or Jackson can replace Jones.
Reply/Quote
People still crying about Pacman?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:07 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: He was ranked the 42nd best CB in the NFL in 2016.

Lol

Let me guess.

Ranked that low by the same people who said Dre Kirkpatrick was the 112th ranked CB in 2015?

What a joke.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Here is my position on Pacman. 

1.  He was an elite, top 5 CB in 2015.  People say he "slipped" in 2016, but he was still one of the better CBs in the entire league.  He is under contract at a reasonable price for his skills.  The team has a better chance of winning with him playing.  You can hate the guys personal life all you want ( I'll get to that in a minute), but the fact is that he is a very good player at arguably the most important position on defense.

2.  It doesn't matter how good he is if he is not on the field.  If he gets suspended then the Bengals should release him.  But we have seen this happen before.  Minor incidents get blown out of proportion because of Pac's history.  The District attorney has already admitted that some of the allegations by officers were exaggerated and did not rise to the level of criminal activity.  Cops tend to make up stuff when you curse at them like Adam did.  So for now the smart thing to do is just wait and see what the final outcome is.

3.  The Bengals have nothing to gain by cutting Adam right now except cash in Mike Brown's pocket.  Squealing and crying by fans and media have zero effect on who wins in the NFL.  I guess we could use the extra cash to extend a player who is already on the team, but there are no free agents available worth that much money.

4.  Adam is not facing any serious charges.  He didn't hurt anyone.  He had no weapon.  He had no drugs.  He just pitched a little hissy fit in public and made a fool of himself.  Despite the claims around here that "every other team would have cut him by now", that just is not true.  In fact if you look at most cases involving top players the teams tend to stand behind the player unless it is a serious felony or domestic violence.

5.  Adam's past record makes him an unusual case.  That is the real root of the argument.  I think I make a lot of good points about why Pac is still on the team, but if you believe he should be punished for his past actions there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.  Just don't try to claim "We can't win with players like that."
Adam Jones is a passionate individual. I think he has intermittent explosive disorder.  If those who do not know what this disorder is just a Google.

The problem I have with your argument is that his passion has interfered with winning in the playoffs.

It's in Cincinnati Bengals fan recent memory.  The psychological term is called availability heuristic error.  If you don't know what that is just Google.

The bottom line is people are judged by the recent actions.  

When there is a historic pattern of behavior then it's not just Behavior it's a character issue.

However intermittent explosive disorder is not really a character issue it's an impulse control issue. To help people with impulse control issues, they need to understand their consequences to their actions so that they reflect upon their behavior before doing an event.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:40 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Since when is swearing at a dip***t against the law?

When it is Adam jones and you already hate Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When it is Adam jones and you already hate Adam Jones.

2 for the price of one. It's not against the law, and he didn't break any laws here. I didn't say he did.

And I don't hate pacman. You can't find where I said that. And you would be erroneous in that assumption. But I believe he doesn't get it

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 11:19 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So I just saw and heard the bit on Fox19 news and read some of his comments.  He has the nerve to talk about how his anger management classes helped him "expletive filled rant".  He goes on to talk about how he'll have a new rolls Royce in a few weeks.  

It seems a few weeks ago someone outlined how much money he owed to the security guard at the strip club where his incident went down and how little he has paid so far.  

I can't wait for that pos to get the boot

Sounds like a guy that's gonna be broke 5 years after he's done playing Football. I don't think any station is going to be pursuing him to be a broadcaster.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 12:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: 2 for the price of one.  It's not against the law, and he didn't break any laws here.  I didn't say he did.

And I don't hate pacman.  You can't find where I said that.  And you would be erroneous in that assumption.  But I believe he doesn't get it

Nor do I hate Pacman,

I just want the team to get better in all ways. So ask yourself is the team better off with pacman or without ?

To me there's no question - without 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Adam posts proof that his anger management program is helping him.

Instead of congratulating him on his progress the haters rip on him.

As Pacman says....

[Image: PacmanPacLand.jpg]

"HATERS GONNA HATE A N**GA!!"

In the Grand Scheme of the many Pac Man related News events, this car wreck incident actually Tilts in Pac Man's favor by a hair.

As you say, he must have fell back on his Anger Management Class Prospectus because he just went verbal by cussing to the 911 operator etc. Instead of beating someone up he said he just wished he could beat someone up which is an improvement.

Net progress by a whisker for Pac Man so No Way the Bengals see this as the last straw.

* Only question I have is, did the Anger Management Course Prospectus just contain pictures (no written words) making it easy for Pac Man to remember ? He retained some knowledge here and put it to use. Net gain by a Hair.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 11:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hope he gets his damn car and rides off into the sunset. Cya. look I honestly don't get why we still have him. His play was down last year, he stands a good chance of being suspended for the year, who knows. Is there something in his contract that would make sense of this.

simple outside of DRE we have nothing but unknowns at CB if AJones leaves town
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: At the end of the day, this is where I am too.....as you and I discussed before.  I think we need to play these guys sooner so we know what we have before contract time.

You and Fred have no idea what you are talking about. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:08 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Except what Fred is referring to his other incident with the Cincinnati police.  This was a minor traffic accident that pacman still acted like a knucklehead over.  

He'd do himself a huge favor if he'd stop posting his comments publicly

Dude don't act for a second you wont be pissed when someone does something stupid and wrecks into your nice care....
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:04 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: You and Fred have no idea what you are talking about. 

Yeah....I do.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote