Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adam Jones continues to not get it
(05-10-2017, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But now he's aged to the point where he's nothing special.

Actually he was still pretty damn good last year.  He only allowed 6.1 yards per target.  I have not seen the full rankings yet, but that would have been 12th in the league in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. The 911 operator was doing her job, Harley. She raised her tone to get Adam's attention because he was not explaining himself clearly. She asked "is it really a Rolls Royce" because - obviously - Rolls Royce's are pretty rare and it could've been sarcasm. Now is this the worst incident Pacman has had? Of course not. Is it a bigger deal because of who he is and what he's done? Of course.

So far this offseason, Pacman has spit on a nurse, threatened a cop's life, went on a profanity-laced tirade towards a media member that asked a polite and reasonable question, and now went off on this kid over a minor accident. Nevermind the laundry list of previous offenses. Pacman is the NFL poster boy for off-field idiocy. That label is well-earned.

@Fred: I'm pretty sure we've all been in accidents. I've been hit by several idiot drivers in my life. Never cussed anyone out as difficult as that is for you to believe. It's called "composure" and "disclipline".

People still vigorously defending Pacman?

Its only a big deal because people keep trying to make it one this whole incident is a non issue.   If it wasn't Adam Jones no one would have ever heard of it even happening.
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones is a loser. He has been his entire life. He is just lucky that he is athletic.

He has never been on a team that has won a single playoff game.

10 Years. Zero

He is such a loser, the time he actually was in position to win a playoff game, he help lose it for his team.

He has been involved in:

Felony Vandalism
Cocaine
Marijuana
Assault
Coercion
Assault a police office
Shootings
Beating a woman
Civil Suites
Obstruction
Disorderly Conduct
And Assault on his body guard
He foreclosed on his home - Deadbeat

He is, and always will be a world class POS and loser. He fits perfect into an Org that earnestly does not strive to win anything, any year, in any actual true effort.

And he isnt even a top 40 CB any more. Lol
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its only a big deal because people keep trying to make it one this whole incident is a non issue.   If it wasn't Adam Jones no one would have ever heard of it even happening.

It's only a big deal because he continues to act like a horses ass. If aj green did that I'd be surprised that those comments would come from him. When pacman does it it's not a surprise, only that he's dumb enough to do it again. He needs to do himself a favor and just stfu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Rep.

Here is my position on Pacman. 

1.  He was an elite, top 5 CB in 2015.  People say he "slipped" in 2016, but he was still one of the better CBs in the entire league.  He is under contract at a reasonable price for his skills.  The team has a better chance of winning with him playing.  You can hate the guys personal life all you want ( I'll get to that in a minute), but the fact is that he is a very good player at arguably the most important position on defense.

2.  It doesn't matter how good he is if he is not on the field.  If he gets suspended then the Bengals should release him.  But we have seen this happen before.  Minor incidents get blown out of proportion because of Pac's history.  The District attorney has already admitted that some of the allegations by officers were exaggerated and did not rise to the level of criminal activity.  Cops tend to make up stuff when you curse at them like Adam did.  So for now the smart thing to do is just wait and see what the final outcome is.

3.  The Bengals have nothing to gain by cutting Adam right now except cash in Mike Brown's pocket.  Squealing and crying by fans and media have zero effect on who wins in the NFL.  I guess we could use the extra cash to extend a player who is already on the team, but there are no free agents available worth that much money.

4.  Adam is not facing any serious charges.  He didn't hurt anyone.  He had no weapon.  He had no drugs.  He just pitched a little hissy fit in public and made a fool of himself.  Despite the claims around here that "every other team would have cut him by now", that just is not true.  In fact if you look at most cases involving top players the teams tend to stand behind the player unless it is a serious felony or domestic violence.

5.  Adam's past record makes him an unusual case.  That is the real root of the argument.  I think I make a lot of good points about why Pac is still on the team, but if you believe he should be punished for his past actions there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.  Just don't try to claim "We can't win with players like that."

I don't like the guy and don't want to root for him. I don't want him on the team for that reason alone. It has nothing to do with anything you posted above. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:41 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Adam Jones is a loser.  He has been his entire life.  He is just lucky that he is athletic.

He has never been on a team that has won a single playoff game.

10 Years.  Zero

He is such a loser, the time he actually was in position to win a playoff game, he help lose it for his team.

He has been involved in:

Felony Vandalism
Cocaine
Marijuana
Assault
Coercion
Assault  a police office
Shootings
Beating a woman
Civil Suites
Obstruction
Disorderly Conduct
And Assault on his body guard
He foreclosed on his home - Deadbeat

He is, and always will be a world class POS and loser.  He fits perfect into an Org that earnestly does not strive to win anything, any year, in any actual true effort.

And he isnt even a top 40 CB any more.   Lol

Oh thank you o sage of wisdom.. Remind us again why you still follow the Bengals..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:41 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: And he isnt even a top 40 CB any more.   Lol

Yes he is.

I have only seen the numbers on his "Yards Per Target", but I'll bet you he is also easily in the top 40 in "Success Rate" and "Completion Percentage Allowed"
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it has, but pretty much every player on our roster has committed big mistakes that caused us to lose playoff games.

I have been a bengal fan since 1973 and that play hurt me as much as any single play in the history of the team.  But we probably would not even have been in that playoff game without Pac.  He played like an All Pro that year.  He finished second only to Patrick Peterson in FootballOutsiders' "Yards per Target", and was 5th in "Success Rate".  The Bengals were the only team in the league to contain Antonio Brown that year, and that was mainly due to Pac.

So, yeah, he is responsible for a historic blunder, but it was just one blunder from a great player.  We couldn't cut every player who has messed up and caused us to lose a playoff game.

Yards per target is a really dumb stat. Haven't we gone over this before? 

Who has the better game? A guy that gives up 1 catch for 40 yards with a yards per target of 40 yards or a guy that gives up 15 catches for 150 yards and a yards per target of 10? That stat is just so stupid. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If PacMan appeals all his convictions and pending charges today, then gets himself killed being dumb; the judges in the 8 districts he has broken the law can over turn all his convictions, and we can delete half his wikipedia page of transgressions.
Reply/Quote
It's pointless to give our opinions on what should be done with this thug, does anyone deny that he's a thug? Unless he murders someone, Brown isn't cutting him. I personally hope that the league suspends him and the longer, the better.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yards per target is a really dumb stat. Haven't we gone over this before? 

Who has the better game? A guy that gives up 1 catch for 40 yards with a yards per target of 40 yards or a guy that gives up 15 catches for 150 yards and a yards per target of 10? That stat is just so stupid. 

Footballoutsiders does not rank CBs that were only targeted once.  The CBs have to have 50+ targets to qualify for the rankings.

What do you think is the best stat to measure cornerbacks?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:27 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If not for bad pub, we would have no pub.... Smirk

Yes! Absolutely positively accurate point, jokingly made but true.

Ok, my turn: If it wasn't for Pacman and Vontaze, we would have to go to Bengals.com for hilights! Press don't come near the Bengals. At least not accurately.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: simple outside of DRE we have nothing but unknowns at CB if AJones leaves town

With this logic, we should never let Jones leave since all of our other CBs will always be unknowns. We have no idea what any of them will become if they keep riding the bench.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Its only a big deal because people keep trying to make it one this whole incident is a non issue.   If it wasn't Adam Jones no one would have ever heard of it even happening.

You can't honestly believe that. If AJ Green or Andy Dalton (or any player really) gets into a car wreck and cusses out the other driver and the 911 operator, it would make the news. It's not just news because it's Pacman. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As a member of the local media, here is some insight as to how I handled it.
I saw the Instagram.
I reached out to Adam to see if he was hurt - because let's be honest, if he was, that's pretty major football news (potentially). He said he was all good. Yeah, I saw the Instagram video. He's Adam, yes, but honestly I'd have the same reaction if someone hit my $700,000 car. I didn't see much wrong with it or that it was "news."

But he is who he is. So that becomes a thing. Honestly I don't think TMZ or local TV chases this if it's Brandon Thompson saying the same thing.
We ended up reacting because of the FOX report.

But for the most part, as someone who has to make these "news" judgments or is part of that conversation at least - I didn't see (and don't see) why anyone in our field cares other than the fact he is, well, Adam Jones.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Reasonable adults often get upset and curse when they get hit by another car.

You got so upset that you used the term "POS" over something as slight as a message board post.  But you expect us all to believe you would never curse at someone who hit your car?

I'm not that upset Fred.  He is what he is.  For the umpteenth time I'm not faulting him for being mad about the accident or cursing about it.  But his choice of words were poor.  And I don't tweet my rants for public viewing when I have an accident.  I certainly wouldn't do it if I had his history and was under the microscope like he is.  

I think you don't get it either, or you're just being obtuse.
Reply/Quote
I look at it like this--every time he as a chance to show who he is, he does. Every time he encounters a pass/fail situation, he fails. Every time he is confronted in any way, he explodes. Every time he has a chance to show he's a changed man, he doesn't. He must walk around at about an eight because he immediately jumps up to ten. He doesn't have anger. He has self destructive rage. Something in him is always at work, doing its damnest to throw it all away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm just surprised he is able to keep gas in his tank.

Outside of that... just another ordinary day in the life of Adam.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Social media is a double-edged sword. This kid is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame by posting about getting cussed out by a celebrity after crashing into his car. Screw him. Whiner. Go back to driver's ed and learn a few things about adjusting for road conditions. Don't follow so close to people. Idiot!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
All I have to say is he's more of a liability than an asset he causes more negative then positive. And his positive play on the field isn't worth all the trouble on and off the field he causes.
WhoDey2 Pitt Sux 
Reply/Quote