Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Adam Jones continues to not get it
(05-10-2017, 09:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: With all due respect, this thread is baiting. First of all, if you listen to the 911 call I think he was trying to be calm but the 911 operator yelled at him putting him on the defense. Then, when he tells her the make of the car, she questions him as if he is lying to her. So, I'm not going to hold that against him and neither should the NFL.

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13313897/adam-jones-calls-911-after-crash

In addition to the above, the Instigram video wasn't damaging IMO either. The dude just got hit by someone else, still went to the stadium and worked out, and is getting a new car. I would be happy about that as well.

http://www.fox19.com/clip/13313635/adam-jones-posts-to-instagram-after-car-wreck

I understand the attention Adam get's in the eyes of the media but even FOX19 didn't try to spin it quite like this thread does. Bottom line, Adam seems to struggle keeping the light off himself. Granted, he's a pretty bad dude and doesn't need our help bringing focus and trying to blow up something which has no substance. I am glad he had the work ethic to stay focused and continue on with the important things like his workout and making sure he ready at the beginning of the season. If the language is offensive, I've heard worse at Walmart, Kroger, Dollar store, Work, etc. No substance there either.

Ugh. The 911 operator was doing her job, Harley. She raised her tone to get Adam's attention because he was not explaining himself clearly. She asked "is it really a Rolls Royce" because - obviously - Rolls Royce's are pretty rare and it could've been sarcasm. Now is this the worst incident Pacman has had? Of course not. Is it a bigger deal because of who he is and what he's done? Of course.

So far this offseason, Pacman has spit on a nurse, threatened a cop's life, went on a profanity-laced tirade towards a media member that asked a polite and reasonable question, and now went off on this kid over a minor accident. Nevermind the laundry list of previous offenses. Pacman is the NFL poster boy for off-field idiocy. That label is well-earned.

@Fred: I'm pretty sure we've all been in accidents. I've been hit by several idiot drivers in my life. Never cussed anyone out as difficult as that is for you to believe. It's called "composure" and "disclipline".

(05-10-2017, 12:11 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: People still crying about Pacman?

People still vigorously defending Pacman?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude don't act for a second you wont be pissed when someone does something stupid and wrecks into your nice care....

Ben isn't saying Adam shouldn't be pissed. He's saying he should carry out his anger and frustration in a different, non-public manner.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The funny thing is people criticize Jones when he says stuff like this or gets in trouble.

-Then-

When the media labels the Bengals as a bunch of criminals they get upset.

While Jones was mainly arrested with other teams...he was arrested A LOT and continues to be visible in the media. It's one of the main reasons the Bengals are perceived as they are.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude don't act for a second you wont be pissed when someone does something stupid and wrecks into your nice care....

Umm, did you read the posts where I said I get him being mad about the accident? And the posts where I would be mad too? Still doesn't excuse the punk responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The funny thing is people criticize Jones when he says stuff like this or gets in trouble.

-Then-

When the media labels the Bengals as a bunch of criminals they get upset.

While Jones was mainly arrested with other teams...he was arrested A LOT and continues to be visible in the media. It's one of the main reasons the Bengals are perceived as they are.

If the Bengals didn't have Adam Jones or Vontaze Burfict (or they stopped with their on/off field antics) and didn't draft Mixon, there wouldn't be any character concerns on the whole team.
Then the Bengals would get no mention at all by the national media lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 11:19 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: So I just saw and heard the bit on Fox19 news and read some of his comments.  He has the nerve to talk about how his anger management classes helped him "expletive filled rant".  He goes on to talk about how he'll have a new rolls Royce in a few weeks.  

It seems a few weeks ago someone outlined how much money he owed to the security guard at the strip club where his incident went down and how little he has paid so far.  

I can't wait for that pos to get the boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've actually seen a few people post that it's not really a big deal, but IMO it is simply because this guy just seemingly doesn't get it. He's now had 2 new outburst since his arrest, the one at the reporter and than this incident. He could have shown us that he knows he needs to learn how to be mature, responsible, most of all respectful and he chooses to do the opposite. 

There are some people that no matter how many chances they get, they just don't get it and probably don't care. He has had multiple chances to do the right thing and he continues to do the wrong thing. I truly believe he continues to act this way because he continues to be given another chance by not only the team, but from the law as well. I guarantee that within 3-5 years of being out of the NFL he will be in prison.

This team needs to set an example not only for the young guys, but also for the community and cut this guy like yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Here is something else to think about...
If Adam Jones does truly have a mental disorder and the Bengals were too fire him because of the mental disorder then they may be held legally liable for discrimination.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals didn't have Adam Jones or Vontaze Burfict (or they stopped with their on/off field antics) and didn't draft Mixon, there wouldn't be any character concerns on the whole team.
Then the Bengals would get no mention at all by the national media lol

Pacman is the only problem as far as I'm concerned.

Burfict isn't a criminal. Mixon gets a clean slate and should be judged on his actions as a Bengal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Here is something else to think about...
If Adam Jones does truly have a mental disorder and the Bengals were too fire him because of the mental disorder then they may be held legally liable for discrimination.

I believe ex-NFL stars are still provided some benefits like counseling even if they retire or are cut?
If not, the Bengals could always offer counseling for Jones regardless if he's on the team or not. That would help him, would it not?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pacman is the only problem as far as I'm concerned.

Burfict isn't a criminal. Mixon gets a clean slate and should be judged on his actions as a Bengal.

I somewhat understand them standing behind him when he was younger and playing well...

But now he's aged to the point where he's nothing special.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pacman is the only problem as far as I'm concerned.

I understand and agree. My point was that all you ever hear about the Bengals in the national media is either...
1) Adam Jones off-field antics
2) Burfict on-field hits and/or unsportsmanlike conduct
3) Joe Mixon's "punch heard round the world"

If none of those players were Bengals, what would they talk about regarding the Bengals? Probably Dalton's "inability to win in big games" again?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I understand and agree. My point was that all you ever hear about the Bengals in the national media is either...

If none of those players were Bengals, what would they talk about regarding the Bengals? Probably Dalton's "inability to win in big games" again?

If not for bad pub, we would have no pub.... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I somewhat understand them standing behind him when he was younger and playing well...

But now he's aged to the point where he's nothing special.

Agreed. His play is worse and he's worn out his chances, IMO. I'm all for 2nd chances, but you have to act like you appreciate that chance.

(05-10-2017, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I understand and agree. My point was that all you ever hear about the Bengals in the national media is either...

I understood your point, I was just adding my 2 cents.  Smirk 

I agree with you 100%, I just think it's silly that the media lumps all these guys together to continue the narrative. Adam Jones is our only current player that's been a serious problem while wearing stripes. But the media doesn't just look at arrests with the Bengals. They lump in players we take risks on and Burfict for playing dirty, even though he's never been arrested. It's as if they can't decide what makes the Bengals "thugs".
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I believe ex-NFL stars are still provided some benefits like counseling even if they retire or are cut?
If not, the Bengals could always offer counseling for Jones regardless if he's on the team or not. That would help him, would it not?

This is true. Nevertheless if the Bengals were to fire Adam Jones cuz of actions related to a mental disorder it could be labeled an act of discrimination.  Intermittent explosive disorder is a mental disorder.

The Bengals would have to justify letting Adam Jones go based upon performance and not the mental disorder.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
For those of you who don't believe police pile on charges hoping something will stick try this simple home experiment. Drink about 3/4 of a bottle of bourbon then with malice of forethought and just for shits and giggles beat your wife, gf or, well, anyone handy and wait for the cops to arrive. When they get there be sure to let them know that under no uncertain terms that YOU KNOW YOUR RIGHTS then try to RUN AWAY .. The next day you'll find out just how many charges have been filed against you possibly including abusing the end of police property, the night stick with your criminal eyeball. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 12:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The problem I have with your argument is that his passion has interfered with winning in the playoffs.

Yes it has, but pretty much every player on our roster has committed big mistakes that caused us to lose playoff games.

I have been a bengal fan since 1973 and that play hurt me as much as any single play in the history of the team.  But we probably would not even have been in that playoff game without Pac.  He played like an All Pro that year.  He finished second only to Patrick Peterson in FootballOutsiders' "Yards per Target", and was 5th in "Success Rate".  The Bengals were the only team in the league to contain Antonio Brown that year, and that was mainly due to Pac.

So, yeah, he is responsible for a historic blunder, but it was just one blunder from a great player.  We couldn't cut every player who has messed up and caused us to lose a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Biggest shocker of all time.. Adam Jones likes to use unsavory language and has a short fuse.. 
Well congratulations fox news. You got the biggest scoop of the past 100 years. 
IDK.. Maybe someone is expecting him to turn into Little Lord Fauntleroy sometime before his contract expires..  
Adam Jones stars in the Freddy Barthomomew classic, Little Lord Fauntleroy..
[Image: Bartholomew%20Freddie%20Little%20Lord%20...roy_01.jpg]
Yeah, that's gonna happen..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ben isn't saying Adam shouldn't be pissed. He's saying he should carry out his anger and frustration in a different, non-public manner.

We all understand that.  It applies to all of us.  But the fact is that A LOT of people here crying about what Pac said would probably also have been cursing someone who just ran into their car. 

I mean just look at how upset some of them get over message board posts.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it has, but pretty much every player on our roster has committed big mistakes that caused us to lose playoff games.

I have been a bengal fan since 1973 and that play hurt me as much as any single play in the history of the team.  But we probably would not even have been in that playoff game without Pac.  He played like an All Pro that year.  He finished second only to Patrick Peterson in FootballOutsiders' "Yards per Target", and was 5th in "Success Rate".  The Bengals were the only team in the league to contain Antonio Brown that year, and that was mainly due to Pac.

So, yeah, he is responsible for a historic blunder, but it was just one blunder from a great player.  We couldn't cut every player who has messed up and caused us to lose a playoff game.

Although players are responsible for their actions I still primarily blame the coaches for that Fiasco during the playoffs.  That one still hurts.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2017, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We all understand that.  It applies to all of us.  But the fact is that A LOT of people here crying about what Pac said would probably also have been cursing someone who just ran into their car. 

I mean just look at how upset some of them get over message board posts.

True, but I bet many of those fans believe that Adam Jones should act better than that because:
1) He represents the face of the franchise and city itself, so acting this way can put the franchise and the city in a worse light.
2) He's in his 30's, he's not a young kid anymore, so he should "be more mature than that".
3) He makes a heck of a lot more money than most/all of the posters here, so he should act with more professionalism/courtesy because of that.
4) He should know that as a public figure you will be (far) more scrutinized for every little thing than if you worked at a tech company, business firm, restaurant, etc.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote