Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones is in a cast
(12-09-2015, 04:46 PM)SCole025 Wrote: Could be true.  I did find it odd that he was in a cast today and riding a scooter around so as not to put any weight on the foot, but yet he posted this video on Instagram yesterday while he was at the airport waiting to board a flight to Charlotte to see the foot doctor:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_CPCQZkjj7/

He seems to be walking without any type of noticeable limp there.  It seems odd then that the foot is so bad now that it needs to be in a cast today.  I guess he could have had some sort of procedure yesterday on the foot, which would then necessitate the need to have a cast now.

Chances are that the doctor suggested he place his foot in a boot as a preventative action. Remove it on Saturday, and take it from there. 
Hard to believe that he's dodging a big game though. Not his style at all.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: It was shaping up to be a shootout anyway.

so more reason to need healthy DBs... if Jones, Hall , Shaw can;t go.. we will be very thin... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm a little less confident going into this game now. We really need all hands on deck for this one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 06:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm a little less confident going into this game now. We really need all hands on deck for this one.

The thought of Dre covering Brown scares me.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: DL will have to step up to not give them time to run those routes

Agreed but Brown makes this VERY tough
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 06:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The thought of Dre covering Brown scares me.

It should  LOL
Reply/Quote
I DO wonder about the management of this injury. Pac makes a big difference in this game.

But anyway, I guess we'll need to really try to run the ball and keep Ben off the field as much as possible. However, we can't get too carried away with that, because we may have to try to turn in into a shootout if Ben starts moving up and down the damn field too much.

Still, in an overall sense, we can't complain too much about injuries this season. It's really unfortunate timing in this case. Somebody's got to step up.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: According to Coley Harvey, he is in the locker room with his foot in a cast.  This is not good for this coming week...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals

jeez...Steelers are gonna run 3 WR sets the whole game and we are going to be wafer thin.  If Hill and/or Iloka are out as well then its tough ask as we simply won't have the horses.
Reply/Quote
Oh no.

No.

No.

Please no.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, I was hoping this thread was about a theather play.

Adam is our best hope against Brown; I don't think Dre can cover the shifty receiver.

That was made abundantly clear on the first series at the Ketchup Bowl.  We're in trouble folks.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not what I wanted to hear! We need him in this game! Damn it
Reply/Quote
Wow. A cast? Next week? Horseshit. We'll be lucky if he plays another snap this season.

Our immunity to injuries is a distant memory. Things are starting to get ugly on the backend.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.M1789de3b0bc35270108935626bd73...=333&h=176]

[Image: th?id=OIP.M3b26408c41a2a38031c32b6087cea...=232&h=183]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate it, it is better for him to miss now than to really mess his foot up for good and be out the rest of the year. We need him in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:35 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: As much as I hate it, it is better for him to miss now than to really mess his foot up for good and be out the rest of the year.  We need him in the playoffs.

totally agree, we have a three game lead with 4 games to go.. a lose to Pittsburgh is not crucial in the big picture but losing Adam Jones for longer is..
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:25 PM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: Yeah true about Dre on Brown. I think Dre will match up better with the taller Bryant, so I'm hoping that someone can step up and take on the challenge of guarding Brown this week as it is paramount!

Most DBs can't stop Brown and the Bengals are expected to do it with PS players? Good luck with that!
Reply/Quote
Here's an idea...

How about some of you pull your balls out of your wives purses, or wherever you took them off and left them.

So Jones may be out. So what? Bengals still have the better team and an offense to match Pitts.

Sack up and stop being such whiney asses. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's an idea...

How about some of you pull your balls out of your wives purses, or wherever you took them off and left them.

So Jones may be out. So what? Bengals still have the better team and an offense to match Pitts.

I get your angst....but they sliced through us like a knife through hot butter at Pitt in the opening series.  Then they put Pacman on Bryant.  It's going to be exploited....no two ways about it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 10:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's an idea...

Right, like she'd just hand them back over. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 11:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get your angst....but they sliced through us like a knife through hot butter at Pitt in the opening series.  Then they put Pacman on Bryant.  It's going to be exploited....no two ways about it.

They're going to have to figure it out.  We're a lot better off personnel wise than we were at this time last year.   We can still win this.  Guenther is paid to figure stuff like this out.  He'd better do that.
Reply/Quote