Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Adam Jones on DP Show: Brown was faking it
Pacman on there this morning said he knew Brown was faking it and wants to give him an Oscard Award AND a Grammy Award for his performance.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:22 PM)mikehayman Wrote: Pacman on there this morning said he knew Brown was faking it and wants to give him an Oscard Award AND a Grammy Award for his performance.

Actually, it couldn't be an Oscar(film) or Grammy(music).  It would have to be an Emmy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Obviously.

But Brown was just playing the game.

Push the boundaries. Figure out what the refs will flag, and get your opponents to do that.

That was the entire strategy behind bringing Joey Porter out there. It's the reason they had a back up linebacker threaten Burfict after our first game. It's the reason Burfict gets flagged but Shazier doesn't.

You have to understand the refs. If a player that everyone thinks is dirty does a dirty thing, it's flagged. If a player with no previous flags or fines (Shazier) does a dirty thing, maybe he didn't mean to do that.

If a player that yells and pushes people yells and pushes a person, it's flagged. If a coach who doesn't typically do these things walks onto the field, maybe he was just worried about his friend, Brown.

If the refs would actually learn what a penalty is and call it consistently, there would be no need to acting.

But in a subjective world where reputation precedes intention, and intention determines punishment, it's all about convincing the refs that everything you do is accidental and everything your opponent does is malicious.

I hate the Steelers more than any team in the entire world. But they are extraordinary actors.
Reply/Quote
So what if he was faking it? Still was a hit to the head and Burfict never should have done it, unprofessional. Pacman never should have lost his shit on the coach, again unprofessional. Don't care what the other team does act like a pro, Burfict/Pacman are not pros.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Obviously.

Push the boundaries. Figure out what the refs will flag, and get your opponents to do that.

That was the entire strategy behind bringing Joey Porter out there. It's the reason they had a back up linebacker threaten Burfict after our first game. It's the reason Burfict gets flagged but Shazier doesn't.

You have to understand the refs. If a player that everyone thinks is dirty does a dirty thing, it's flagged. If a player with no previous flags or fines (Shazier) does a dirty thing, maybe he didn't mean to do that.

If a player that yells and pushes people yells and pushes a person, it's flagged. If a coach who doesn't typically do these things walks onto the field, maybe he was just worried about his friend, Brown.

If the refs would actually learn what a penalty is and call it consistently, there would be no need to acting.

But in a subjective world where reputation precedes intention, and intention determines punishment, it's all about convincing the refs that everything you do is accidental and everything your opponent does is malicious.

I hate the Steelers more than any team in the entire world. But they are extraordinary actors.

It's a crappy strategy that a team will resort to this rather than rely on their football playing talent alone.

But this has always been the mantra of the Steelers...and it works.

Shame on the Bengals players for falling for it yet again (especially Adam Jones) and shame on Marvin Lewis not emphasizing to the team to avoid the jawing yet again.

The reality is that it's nearly impossible to win with just talent alone. But if any non-favorite team like the Bengals pull the same jawing like the Steelers have always done, they are criticized for having to resort to cheap tricks to get the job done. Yet everyone praises the behavior when a popular franchise has always done the same.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:36 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: So what if he was faking it? Still was a hit to the head and Burfict never should have done it, unprofessional. Pacman never should have lost his shit on the coach, again unprofessional. Don't care what the other team does act like a pro, Burfict/Pacman are not pros.

That coach should have been flagged for grabbing burfict not Adam Jones.

Bufict and Adam Jones are 2 of the best pros we have on the team.

The Hit by Shazier should have been a flag... It doesnt matter if he was a runner you cant launch with the top of your helmet.

Burfict lowered his shoulder and brown lowered his head...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That coach should have been flagged for grabbing burfict not Adam Jones.

Bufict and Adam Jones are 2 of the best pros we have on the team.

The Hit by Shazier should have been a flag... It doesnt matter if he was a runner you cant launch with the top of your helmet.

Burfict lowered his shoulder and brown lowered his head...

Not disputing any of that, simply stated that both Burfict/Jones should have handled the situation like pros and they didn't.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Starting to turn into Groundhog Day around here...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:22 PM)mikehayman Wrote: Pacman on there this morning said he knew Brown was faking it and wants to give him an Oscard Award AND a Grammy Award for his performance.

Jerry Porter....

an actor should win an Oscar and a Grammy...

I'm sorry, I don't trust Pacman's mental acuity.
Reply/Quote

But that's just it, Porter has a reputation too.  Otherwise, I agree 100% with you.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Intent doesn't matter in this game.  A penalty is a penalty is a penalty.  It doesn't matter if Shazier intended to harm Benard, what matters is that outside of the tackle box neither side can dip their head and lead with the crown of the helmet and deliver it forcibly onto the body.  Especially to the head and neck area.

Just like the intent of Burfict isn't important either.  He struck the head and neck area of a defenseless receiver.  Now it could be argued that Burfict's was "incidental" since contact may have been unavoidable, and he didn't lead with his helmet or even launch into the WR.  However, I don't really have a problem with the call.  I don't like it, but was fine with it.  Jones' penalty was BS though and I am not fine with that one, there is a rule that prohibits coaches from coming onto the field without express permission from the ref.  Even with permission there is a rule that an opposing coach can't use abusive language toward the opposing players.  Taunting is also a penalty and that is exactly what Porter was doing by being in OUR huddle.  It isn't like we were right next to Brown, we were huddled far enough that Porter just being in the huddle should have been flagged.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter. Still hit the head of a defenseless receiver. Period.

That gets a flag and rightfully so.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Wasnt Brown diagnosed with a concussion?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
We will find out soon enough. If he plays next week then he was either faking or the Steelers are guilty of violating the concussion protocol rules.

Either way, to us Bengals fans we will know the truth that the media and pundits won't even report.

If he plays then an investigation should be launched to see if the Steelers are in violation, or if he was faking, if he was faking then a fine for unsportsmanlike behavior should be assessed.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Wasnt Brown diagnosed with a concussion?
Nope.  Out of the protocol and good to go for next week.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: Nope.  Out of the protocol and good to go for next week.

It's worth noting you can get your bell rung and have trouble getting up without getting a concussion, and vice versa. Hence protocols. Pacman should leave this to medical staff, he's just going to come off as an ass if he keeps it up.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Doesn't matter. Still hit the head of a defenseless receiver. Period.

That gets a flag and rightfully so.

I may be wrong on this, but I do think that there are some other requirements that are important in the defenseless receiver rule.

One the defender must be launching or leading with his helmet.  Which Burfict didn't do.

I will have to check though and even so if that is the rule, I couldn't fault the refs for throwing the flag.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:04 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: It's worth noting you can get your bell rung and have trouble getting up without getting a concussion, and vice versa. Hence protocols. Pacman should leave this to medical staff, he's just going to come off as an ass if he keeps it up.

Between you and me, does Pacman seem to care much about coming off as an ass?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: Nope.  Out of the protocol and good to go for next week.

I thought you can't be cleared of protocol til Wednesday. Isn't there a certain day of the week you can be officially cleared. If he had one and went into protocol there's zero chance he's cleared already
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:13 PM)BernLock Wrote: I thought you can't be cleared of protocol til Wednesday. Isn't there a certain day of the week you can be officially cleared. If he had one and went into protocol there's zero chance he's cleared already

Then maybe he wasn't even in protocol.  But he has said he will play next week.

Reply/Quote