Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji
For the love of God, PLAY THIS KID. There is literally nowhere to go but up from what is playing on the right side of the offensive line. Fred Johnson, Bobby Hart, Billy Price all suck.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to say it but this offensive line is not getting fixed from within the organization. No veteran off the street is helping either. We’re either gonna ride this out all year and pray Burrow doesn’t get killed or make a trade for some real help. I don’t see us making a trade for a starting caliber right guard/tackle. So break out your rosary beads boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It is not like many did not see this coming from a mile away. What concerns me is the lack of urgency by the FO or coaching staff to do something. Anything.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can anyone get a breakdown of where all the pressures are coming from. I assume it's mostly right side but I'd like to see the data.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It is not like many did not see this coming from a mile away. What concerns me is the lack of urgency by the FO or coaching staff to do something. Anything.

They drafted the best QB in the draft onto a team with the worst offensive line and didn’t do shit in the offseason to protect that investment. They did this to themselves.

[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:36 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They drafted the best QB in the draft onto a team with the worst offensive line and didn’t do shit in the offseason to protect that investment. They did this to themselves.

Filo at RG was something but not nearly enough.  A lot of money on defense, record money in Free Agency but the blinded eye at OL is unacceptable.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:43 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Filo at RG was something but not nearly enough.  A lot of money on defense, record money in Free Agency but the blinded eye at OL is unacceptable.  

I don’t like thinking the worst but in this case I do: In my opinion Zac Taylor thought drafting a mobile quarterback would fix everything and that’s sadly not the case.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t like thinking the worst but in this case I do:  In my opinion Zac Taylor thought drafting a mobile quarterback would fix everything and that’s sadly not the case.

I think ZT and some fans bought into the PFF ratings of the last 5 games last season when the OL appeared to be solid average.  They did not factor in a rookie LT and a gaping hole at RG.  I will cut Williams some slack as a rookie.  But I think he is better suited at RT and the team still needs to find LG-RG-LT.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
It cant hurt to put him in. Hart sucks and gives up pressures and sacks every game. Johnson sucks too and other than the huge sack given up to Cox in OT, I actually thought Price played better at RG. But today I think every one of our OLmen gave up a sack and multiple pressures. We got smacked around bad. We have no killer instinct at all. This whole team lacks that winning hungry attitude, except Burrow. He's pissed and it showed in his post game.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:07 PM)Fullrock Wrote: For the love of God, PLAY THIS KID. There is literally nowhere to go but up from what is playing on the right side of the offensive line. Fred Johnson, Bobby Hart,  Billy Price all suck.

Fred Johnson struggled, and people screamed for Price.  Price came in during the 2nd half and showed exactly why he wasn't playing.  Usually, the guy on the bench is worse, not better.
Reply/Quote
Hell...I'm ready to see Redmond at right guard and Adeniji at right tackle. Try every combination until you come up with something!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t like thinking the worst but in this case I do:  In my opinion Zac Taylor thought drafting a mobile quarterback would fix everything and that’s sadly not the case.

I think the whole approach has been screwed up for years.  They know they're bad, but seem to think the can drift into the "average" column with a few tweaks.  I think it was Lapham that I heard actually use the phrase "drift back to average".  The concept is that there aren't as many NFL-caliber o-linemen coming out of college.  This creates a league full of below average to shitty lines (true, really), with maybe 5 or six good ones.  

Due to this reality, getting back to average gets you in line with most of the league.  

Yeah, it's dumb, but I really think it's their outlook.  Jonah may turn out to be great.  He's def not Fisher or Cedric, and in time he could be terrific.  XSF was a lateral move from Miller, so nothing there.  Fred Johnson has turned back into a pumpkin with more snaps, and Bobby Hart is still reliably bad.  

As I said, the league has a large share of bad lines.  If they could be fixed with castoffs and practice squad poachees, then there would be a lot fewer.  There will need to be an investment on the scale of the one on defense to address this problem.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: Fred Johnson struggled, and people screamed for Price.  Price came in during the 2nd half and showed exactly why he wasn't playing.  Usually, the guy on the bench is worse, not better.

What you say is undoubtedly true, but when you're dealing with players as bad as the ones we have on the right side, there's at least a chance that someone on the bench could be an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
We can always start grabbing OTs from other teams PS units.

I personally like
Trey Adam's
Calvin Throckmorton

Have 2-3 spots in the roster for just that reason. Bring in 1-2 every week til you find something you can work with. Then once settled, do same with the G position.
Reply/Quote
Lapham raved about how Adeniji looked in camp. Said he had great feet and athleticism. You have a game where your franchise QB gets sacked 8 times and hit on many other plays, you better be looking at anything and everything because the status quo can't be any worse.
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's time to start using the box out technique, you know, like you do in basketball to get rebounding position LOL. Some of these guys get that big ass into someone and they certainly aren't getting around them.

I'm kidding. Or am I?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:07 PM)Fullrock Wrote: For the love of God, PLAY THIS KID. There is literally nowhere to go but up from what is playing on the right side of the offensive line. Fred Johnson, Bobby Hart,  Billy Price all suck.

I would like to see the PFF grades against an admittedly stud-ridden defensive line.  After Fred was benched, they seemed to start moving the ball a lot better.  I saw Price get busted on a holding call, but if he hadn't held it would have been a free shot on Burrow.  I think he was surprised that Hopkins turned away from the pressure.  He did get schooled on one of the last plays where Burrow was sacked.  He doesn't seem to process very quickly and move his feet accordingly.  

Jonah sure struggled.   
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would like to see the PFF grades against an admittedly stud-ridden defensive line.  After Fred was benched, they seemed to start moving the ball a lot better.  I saw Price get busted on a holding call, but if he hadn't held it would have been a free shot on Burrow.  I think he was surprised that Hopkins turned away from the pressure.  He did get schooled on one of the last plays where Burrow was sacked.  He doesn't seem to process very quickly and move his feet accordingly.  

Jonah sure struggled.   

Price has unathletic feet and short arms. Recipe for disaster. To me, Johnson is just not suited for the guard position. At 6'7 he's not able to play with enough leverage to block interior DL. I think that's obvious. He seemed much better on the outside at tackle. I'd expect Jonah to have some ups and downs in his first year. The ups need to be more than the downs though. At times he has looked very good. Other times not so much. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:36 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They drafted the best QB in the draft onto a team with the worst offensive line and didn’t do shit in the offseason to protect that investment. They did this to themselves.

They got Jonah back and added XSF.  They thought they fixed the problem.  They were very wrong
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 09:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: Fred Johnson struggled, and people screamed for Price.  Price came in during the 2nd half and showed exactly why he wasn't playing.  Usually, the guy on the bench is worse, not better.

Fred Johnson appears to do better in space at OT.  Just my opinion
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote