Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adeniji on his opportunity

Reply/Quote
Great video and attitude! The FA O-linemen have huge impacts on the entire team, you can see that in this interview and the team swagger.
Reply/Quote
I heard after the interview he was heard saying that he told Joe Burrow that his new bodyguard was in the starting lineup and nobody was going to touch him.

Ninja

Jokes aside, I hope he really steps up big time. Don't need to see Burrow getting murdered on the field in the playoffs again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
 Tiger

When this kid came in he had great upside as a right tackle but could moonlight as an interior guy if needed.
I blame the coaching staff for ruining his development.
The young man took a lot of bullets from this fanbase while playing inside and hadn't really since high school ball but never wavered or complained .In going back to a more natural position after playing at a playoff intensity last year he'll be just fine once he dusts off the trench rust.  The offensive tackle prospect out of Kansas is now ready to eat and he'll start to against the Buffalo Bills. 
Reply/Quote
Man I hope he can hold his own as we move through the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can someone post a link to that please?

I can't even see the video or anything in my browser.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Can someone post a link to that please?

I can't even see the video or anything in my browser.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgWd3IOz9Jk
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Man I hope he can hold his own as we move through the playoffs.

Tiger

The one thing I know and that I'll continue to say on the way to this next championship run is simple. If this offensive line continues to perform at a high level and keep this quarterback clean..... He'll beat you in Antarctica and with that defense behind him this is a tough out for anyone on any day! Now does that bring a championship to Cincinnati . I'm not sure but this particular team can play an opponent anyway it wants to & WIN.
Reply/Quote
Started 48 straight games at Kansas.... scouting reports talk about his smarts more than anything... average laterally. Now we'll see if the pro coaching has at least dulled his weaknesses somewhat. I think he has potential at his more natural position. We'll soon find out. From what I've seen, he's been better at tackle than guard....and I realize that's not saying a lot.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 08:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I heard after the interview he was heard saying that he told Joe Burrow that his new bodyguard was in the starting lineup and nobody was going to touch him...

ClappingThat's some funny stuff right there.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:18 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JgWd3IOz9Jk

THANKS!

I LOVE him saying that he prays a lot! 

When asked if he'll stay at tackle: "I don't know....... I'm just come in, put in my work, take in as much information as I can, try to help the team in whatever way I can........"

I'm excited for this kid!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 08:56 PM)Emeritus Wrote:  Tiger

When this kid came in he had great upside as a right tackle but could moonlight as an interior guy if needed.
I blame the coaching staff for ruining his development.
The young man took a lot of bullets from this fanbase while playing inside and hadn't really since high school ball but never wavered or complained .In going back to a more natural position after playing at a playoff intensity last year he'll be just fine once he dusts off the trench rust.  The offensive tackle prospect out of Kansas is now ready to eat and he'll start to against the Buffalo Bills. 

He played all 4 years at LT in KU, surely he has had plenty of work on the rights side.  We know some have trouble switching sides with footwork.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He played all 4 years at LT in KU, surely he has had plenty of work on the rights side.  We know some have trouble switching sides with footwork.

He played six games at RT his freshman year. I'm not sure if he played anymore or not.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 09:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He played all 4 years at LT in KU, surely he has had plenty of work on the rights side.  We know some have trouble switching sides with footwork.

He's been the swing tackle/6th offensive oineman this year. In heavy sets he has played on the right some. 
Reply/Quote
I hope Adeniji knows how to pour ketchup. We all know this is a sign of a great offensive lineman!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think Adenji is going to surprise some folks. I’m encouraged
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This gives me even more hope that Adeniji can handle the RT position or whatever is needed of him. I thought when we
drafted him he sounded like a very intelligent player, and I really liked him to grow into a possible starter. Him being injured
late last season and being put at Guard where he just doesn't seem as comfortable were probably the reasons for his struggles.

Adeniji has looked much better this season and when hearing about all that he has improved upon, mentally, technically and
physically gives me a lot of confidence in him. Looks like a great dude, thanks LC for helping bring this guy up to speed along
with Alex and of course Ted who seems like a big-time leader for us now.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This gives me even more hope that Adeniji can handle the RT position or whatever is needed of him. I thought when we
drafted him he sounded like a very intelligent player, and I really liked him to grow into a possible starter. Him being injured
late last season and being put at Guard where he just doesn't seem as comfortable were probably the reasons for his struggles.

Adeniji has looked much better this season and when hearing about all that he has improved upon, mentally, technically and
physically gives me a lot of confidence in him. Looks like a great dude, thanks LC for helping bring this guy up to speed along
with Alex and of course Ted who seems like a big-time leader for us now.

He did play tackle mostly in college
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Burrow is getting the ball out much faster this year... but certainly hope Adeniji is servicable.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He did play tackle mostly in college

Yes, he did, and his build totally reflects that fact. Scharping looks much more like a Guard, dude is huge.

(12-27-2022, 11:23 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow is getting the ball out much faster this year... but certainly hope Adeniji is servicable.

Could be an upgrade over La'el in the pass blocking department. Doubt it in run blocking though, La'el is elite there when healthy.
Reply/Quote