Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adeniji on his opportunity
(12-29-2022, 06:00 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said he knows who will be the right tackle but he's not telling us.  A bit of gamesmanship before Monday

Guess I don't see the gamesmanship in it. Bills most likely won't later their gameplan too much whether it's Prince or Adeniji. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 02:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure that's Taylor's preference?  I am pretty sure that I remember reading that was Joe Burrow's preference.

You know how it is, if it works or folks like it, it's Joe. If it doesn't work or they don't like it, it's all on Zac. Come on Sunset, where ya been?  Tongue

It's like the whole Andy Dalton thing all over again.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:00 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said he knows who will be the right tackle but he's not telling us.  A bit of gamesmanship before Monday

"They'll never know which one I am going to use! It will keep them up at night!" - Zac, apparently

[Image: Baking-Potatoes-website.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 01:11 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Considering the Bengals are 28th in the NFL at 3.9 YPC I doubt he will be much of a downgrade.

That isn't because of La'el Collins. Mellow

Plus I am sure others have brought up the switch from Wide Zone to a Gap scheme and how much different the OL played.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 08:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That isn't because of La'el Collins. Mellow

Plus I am sure others have brought up the switch from Wide Zone to a Gap scheme and how much different the OL played.

Probably doesn't hurt that only 1 of the teams from the last 10 games the Bengals played currently have a winning record compared to 3 from the first 5 games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Prince started 8 games at RT last season ( 4 reg season, 4 post-season) and had a 79.5% pass block win rate in those games.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Re-watching the Bills drive plus

First snap - Incomplete grade.
Joe stepped back and launched to Chase on a go route resulting in a pass interference penalty.
It looked like the Bills were going to run a delayed stunt with Adeniji's man first going outside, then moving inside and Joe released the ball before his man could get away from him, which he was about to do as the DT took Cappa well behind Adeniji, serving as a blocker to free his man. Adeniji did his job, but the ball was gone so fast that the effectiveness of their stunt never materialized.

Second snap - A
Short pass with a quick release for a 3-4 yard gain to Hurst.
Adeniji quickly stepped back into position then came forward to meet his man at the line of scrimmage as he was making an inside move. Again, quick release but he swallowed him up.

Third snap - A
5-6 yard run to the left by Mixon, the play where Hurst took out the safety
Even though the play went the other way, Adeniji got push off of the line. That's always a plus in my book. If there was a need for a cutback, he and Hurst had the end sealed.

Fourth snap - A
One yard plunge by Burrow on 3rd and one for a 1st.
Pretty much the same result as the previous run. Got good push.

Fifth snap - A
Play fake pass to Hurst, who badly beats Hamlin and tries to hurdle the other safety.
Adeniji came up, met his man at the LOS and kept him there.

Sixth snap - A
TD pass to Boyd.
Adeniji steps back, engages his man, gets leverage and an angle and forces him inside. He releases him with a good push to keep him off-balance while going away from Joe to the left. He was gearing up to be ready for the next attempt but the ball was gone by that point.

Seventh snap - D-
Seven yard run by Mixon up the middle.
He was immediately beaten inside and then got away with a pretty blatant hold. If he doesn't hold, his man stuffs the play in the backfield.

Eighth snap - A
The play
Stepped back into position and engaged his man in hand fighting as the ball was thrown to Tee.

Overall, he played good, but he did have one bad, yet lucky, snap.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 08:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Re-watching the Bills drive plus

First snap - Incomplete grade.
Joe stepped back and launched to Chase on a go route resulting in a pass interference penalty.
It looked like the Bills were going to run a delayed stunt with Adeniji's man first going outside, then moving inside and Joe released the ball before his man could get away from him, which he was about to do as the DT took Cappa well behind Adeniji, serving as a blocker to free his man. Adeniji did his job, but the ball was gone so fast that the effectiveness of their stunt never materialized.

Second snap - A
Short pass with a quick release for a 3-4 yard gain to Hurst.
Adeniji quickly stepped back into position then came forward to meet his man at the line of scrimmage as he was making an inside move. Again, quick release but he swallowed him up.

Third snap - A
5-6 yard run to the left by Mixon, the play where Hurst took out the safety
Even though the play went the other way, Adeniji got push off of the line. That's always a plus in my book. If there was a need for a cutback, he and Hurst had the end sealed.

Fourth snap - A
One yard plunge by Burrow on 3rd and one for a 1st.
Pretty much the same result as the previous run. Got good push.

Fifth snap - A
Play fake pass to Hurst, who badly beats Hamlin and tries to hurdle the other safety.
Adeniji came up, met his man at the LOS and kept him there.

Sixth snap - A
TD pass to Boyd.
Adeniji steps back, engages his man, gets leverage and an angle and forces him inside. He releases him with a good push to keep him off-balance while going away from Joe to the left. He was gearing up to be ready for the next attempt but the ball was gone by that point.

Seventh snap - D-
Seven yard run by Mixon up the middle.
He was immediately beaten inside and then got away with a pretty blatant hold. If he doesn't hold, his man stuffs the play in the backfield.

Eighth snap - A
The play
Stepped back into position and engaged his man in hand fighting as the ball was thrown to Tee.

Overall, he played good, but he did have one bad, yet lucky, snap.

His block is the reason Burrow had time to throw to Boyd.. he was off to a very good game for a backup, lets continue this on Sunday
Reply/Quote