Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adeniji out for the year.....
But how sick is our receiving trio? Am I right? Am I right?
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 06:56 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: But how sick is our receiving trio? Am I right? Am I right?

Will still be some beasts are WR. Hakeem wasn't going to play much if at all. 

Our oline is will still be good. Time to get off the Jamar chase pick. Geez!
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 07:02 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Will still be some beasts are WR. Hakeem wasn't going to play much if at all. 

I'm cool with the pick actually, what I'm not cool with is the lack of Tackle depth. We signed one aging tackle to replace one bum. We didn't really increase depth at the position at all, and I'd have felt way better if some of those millions in the coffers had been spent on a vet swing tackle. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 07:11 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: I'm cool with the pick actually, what I'm not cool with is the lack of Tackle depth. We signed one aging tackle to replace one bum. We didn't really increase depth at the position at all, and I'd have felt way better if some of those millions in the coffers had been spent on a vet swing tackle. 
Wouldn't say reiff is an aging tackle, maybe Whitworth but even he's still playing at a high level. Drafted 3 OL I'm sure will add another since Hakeem is down. I wouldn't worry unless the projected starters become hurt. I still like Fred at tackle (not gaurd) Carman can go out there as well. 
I think one or both of our other rookies can as well, but I haven't seen them play much so I can't say.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What about guys like Rick Wagner or Dennis Kelly?  I get your point about younger guys still wanting a starting contract, but for some, another year with a steady paycheck is another year in the league.

I think both those guys are fringe replacement level starters for a round of late camp early season injuries, Wagner more likely than Kelly.

I actually think they would try Carmen at RT if one of our starters went down. They said during the draft they thought he could be a future tackle.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 07:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think both those guys are fringe replacement level starters for a round of late camp early season injuries, Wagner more likely than Kelly.

I actually think they would try Carmen at RT if one of our starters went down. They said during the draft they thought he could be a future tackle.

My only problem is our Oline is set, and guard is a bigger need starting wise.  Carman can go to tackle if needed but I think he needs to start at guard.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What about guys like Rick Wagner or Dennis Kelly?  I get your point about younger guys still wanting a starting contract, but for some, another year with a steady paycheck is another year in the league.

Yep

I just don't want to be looking at teams practice squads about the 3rd week of the regular season trying to patch together another line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 08:02 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: My only problem is our Oline is set, and guard is a bigger need starting wise.  Carman can go to tackle if needed but I think he needs to start at guard.

He is…unless something really bad happens. The position versatility is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 08:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is…unless something really bad happens. The position versatility is a good thing.

I agree if one of the tackles go down Jackson Carman is probably the guy going to kick out to Tackle with Fred Johnson 3rd and D'Ante Smith 4th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
That sucks. Next man up.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 07:20 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Wouldn't say reiff is an aging tackle, maybe Whitworth but even he's still playing at a high level. Drafted 3 OL I'm sure will add another since Hakeem is down. I wouldn't worry unless the projected starters become hurt. I still like Fred at tackle (not gaurd) Carman can go out there as well. 
I think one or both of our other rookies can as well, but I haven't seen them play much so I can't say.

If Carmen or Fred have to start a significant amount of gamed at any of the OT positions this OL goes from barely average back to what it was last year.  Tookies are exactly that. If your depending on rookies as back ups on your OL then you best hope and pray this is the healthiest NFL season for the Bengals in their history.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 08:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I just don't want to be looking at teams practice squads about the 3rd week of the regular season trying to patch together another line.

That’s a good point.They need to go ahead and address the issue now,or it could come back to bite them later.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 02:41 PM)lone bengal Wrote: That sucks he was good for depth , I’m  assuming Fred Johnson will be the swing tackle ,Smith will have a redshirt type year and Carman can kick out to tackle if we really need him too.

You are probably right but that is a terrible plan. Johnson was not effective last year. He should be fighting for a job and definitely not someone who should be counted for meaningful snaps. Carman is needed at OG and is already a question mark (rookie learning a new position) so moving him would just create another hole. Back-up OT is huge for this team. Jonah has not shown he can stay healthy. It is likely three OT's will be needed this season. If they sign a decent back-up OT or better yet a starting caliber OT they can move Reiff to LG. Surely management cannot believe that Jordan, XSF, Spain, Price, Fred and a bunch of rookies qualifies as appropriate depth. Losing Adenji is not substantive. He should have been on the bubble. Late round pick --showed some promise but still struggled. That does not equal meaningful snaps. Bengals need to raise their bar on expectations of players. Too many projects and to much dependency on hope.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 11:24 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: You are probably right but that is a terrible plan. Johnson was not effective last year. He should be fighting for a job and definitely not someone who should be counted for meaningful snaps. Carman is needed at OG and is already a question mark (rookie learning a new position) so moving him would just create another hole. Back-up OT is huge for this team. Jonah has not shown he can stay healthy. It is likely three OT's will be needed this season. If they sign a decent back-up OT or better yet a starting caliber OT they can move Reiff to LG. Surely management cannot believe that Jordan, XSF, Spain, Price, Fred and a bunch of rookies qualifies as appropriate depth. Losing Adenji is not substantive. He should have been on the bubble. Late round pick --showed some promise but still struggled. That does not equal meaningful snaps. Bengals need to raise their bar on expectations of players. Too many projects and to much dependency on hope.

Johnson is good at tackle but please God do not put him at guard. I think he's too tall for that position. 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we were kinda paper thin to begin with on the depth

On EXPERIENCED depth, agreed.  I am puzzled why they wouldn't offer Morgan Moses a one-year deal.  Is he a cancer?  Have no idea.  But he's still out there.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 07:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: On EXPERIENCED depth, agreed.  I am puzzled why they wouldn't offer Morgan Moses a one-year deal.  Is he a cancer?  Have no idea.  But he's still out there.

His pass blocking grades are worst than Bobby Hart's. I don't know why people keep clamoring for this guy.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 07:02 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Will still be some beasts are WR. Hakeem wasn't going to play much if at all. 

Please define good?  Honestly, with 1 OL going down for pretty much the year, if we have 1 or 2 more go down we're definitely a lot thinner. 

If Jonah continues his streak of not being able to play 16 games in a season who do you replace him with? Carmen? Fred?   I wouldn't trust either one of those guys to block Burrow's blind side.   

If it came down to either one of those guys blocking at LT because Jonah couldn't stay healthy I'd let Brandon Allen play the rest of the season to protect Burrow's other knee.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 10:32 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: That’s a good point.They need to go ahead and address the issue now,or it could come back to bite them later.

If there's no one on the table now they want, but they believe there will be later, why take someone you don't want now? There are going to be player cuts coming up as rookies take spots from vets.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 09:05 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If there's no one on the table now they want, but they believe there will be later, why take someone you don't want now? There are going to be player cuts coming up as rookies take spots from vets.

Bodies for Camp will be needed.
Reply/Quote
Here we go again.
Reply/Quote