Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After the KC game...
I dont see us even in the playoffs if it shapes out that way unless we are a 6th seed wildcard and 3 afc north teams is the only way. Which very well could happen.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: After the KC game, I won’t be able to walk. Took Monday off and plan on enjoying the victory in style. Monday will be rough. However, regardless rather we win or lose, I’m going to have a great time. If I wake up 4-3? My hopes are not going to be dashed nor will I quit on them or leave the board or jump off a cliff. I will be glad we are over .500 and move on. Love this team way too much to ever quit.

Why?  It's the Bengals who would be taking it up the pooper from the Chefs  Ninja 

I expect a loss Sunday and a rebound the week after to hit the bye at 5-3.  So, if they do manage to somehow pull off the upset Sunday, it'll be all the sweeter.  And I'll start watching the mailbox for the playoff ticket invoice  :andy:
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 09:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Why?  It's the Bengals who would be taking it up the pooper from the Chefs  Ninja 

I expect a loss Sunday and a rebound the week after to hit the bye at 5-3.  So, if they do manage to somehow pull off the upset Sunday, it'll be all the sweeter.  And I'll start watching the mailbox for the playoff ticket invoice  :andy:

Understood. It will be a tough battle, but we can and should do this. Your playoff tickets will be arriving once we seal the deal.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 01:44 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I agree with 10-6 but I don’t see us getting #3 seed. By season’s end we will have lost to Pitt twice and they would jmhold any tiebreaker over us. Pair that with the Ravens, KC, and NE, we will ring up a wildcard spot.

pitt still goes to New Orleans, while the Bengals get them at home.  They also have to play the Pats, we got Miami.  They also have the Jags and Panthers, as well as a road game against the ratbirds....who seem to have no such troubles beating them.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still think we win 12 games brother. Cool

Pitt and the Chargers go down.

I could absolutely see that happening if they stay healthy, but I was trying to get a lot of folks off a ledge and realize that our season doesn't end Sunday if they lose to the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 08:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: pitt still goes to New Orleans, while the Bengals get them at home.  They also have to play the Pats, we got Miami.  They also have the Jags and Panthers, as well as a road game against the ratbirds....who seem to have no such troubles beating them.

That's favorable. What's up with the Ratbirds being able to take them out and we cant? Don't understand it? I mean, it's not all Marvin. I think it's more hatred to the Bengals and love for the steelers. Marvin basically helped mold the great defense in Baltimore and they have been pretty good since (not sure how much of his philosophy still stands there). As someone else posted in another thread, its wierd how we own Baltimore. Baltimore owns Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh owns the Bengals. 

Maybe Baltimore's rivalry is mush stronger with Pittsburgh, but they handle it with less drama and more victories. They let their play do the trash talking for them.

Reply/Quote
I think everyone is taking the Ravens way too lightly, overall.

So far the breakdown is as follows:

Team Offense     Team Defense
Ravens    -           8th                         1st
Steelers   -           5th                       22nd
Browns    -          18th                      27th
Bengals    -          20th                     28th
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 06:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think everyone is taking the Ravens way too lightly, overall.

So far the breakdown is as follows:

Team Offense     Team Defense
Ravens    -           8th                         1st
Steelers   -           5th                       22nd
Browns    -          18th                      27th
Bengals    -          20th                     28th

Bengals have worse team offense ranking than the Browns? I'm not quite buying this. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 06:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Bengals have worse team offense ranking than the Browns? I'm not quite buying this. 

That's by yards Bengals are #6 on offense in points per game and number 23 in points allowed per game. It's silly going by yards when it's points that matter....

That said Ravens still top the list with #12 points per game on offense and #1 points per game on defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 06:57 PM)Synric Wrote: That's by yards Bengals are #6 on offense in points per game and number 23 in points allowed per game. It's silly going by yards when it's points that matter....

That said Ravens still top the list with #12 points per game on offense and #1 points per game on defense.

That's how they rank them though.

Bottom line is I believe the Ravens win the division by a half game.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 08:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's how they rank them though.

Bottom line is I believe the Ravens win the division by a half game.

Ravens have a tough schedule too... Chiefs Chargers Panthers Falcons Saints still on the schedule... not to mention Bengals Steelers Browns 

There is no easy sledding for any of the AFC North Teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bengals should be 6-2 or 5-3 going into bye week.

At start of season I looked for Bengals O Line and team to get better each week, hitting their stride going into play-offs. Once they get Price, Bernard and other key players back after bye week, I still look for Bengals. and all the new coaches things to all kick in November and December. So if they can be 6-2 or 5-3 and then get even better after bye week, that would have them on pace as I had hoped under major coaching and player changes.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Quote:My hopes are not going to be dashed nor will I quit on them or leave the board or jump off a cliff.
But would you accept jumping out of a very short first floor window and landing on a high pile of dried leaves instead of jumping off a cliff ?
Inquiring minds want to know. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 06:57 PM)Synric Wrote: That's by yards Bengals are #6 on offense in points per game and number 23 in points allowed per game. It's silly going by yards when it's points that matter....

They've pitched two shutouts so far and that is really hard to do.  Hell, one is impressive.  Two is probably unheard of.  Then again, we put up 34 on them.

We may not know how to beat the Steelers but we do know how to beat the Ravens.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Some interesting stuff about the Bengals/Chiefs history.

Marvin is 6-2 against the Chiefs.
Dalton is 2-0 in his career against KC with 616 pyds, 3 TDS and 0 picks.
Cincinnati has won the last 4 matchups.
Cincinnati leads the series 15-13.

Here’s the concern: when we met in 2015, Bengals record was 4-0 while Chiefs were 1-3. In 2012, Bengals 5-5, Chiefs 1-9. In 2009, Bengals were 10-5 and Chiefs were 3-12 and lastly in 2008, Bengals were 4-11-1 with Chiefs at 2-14. So while we have won the last 4, clearly the Chiefs were struggling to be competitive each of those contests. Unlike the 5-1 Chiefs we play tomorrow. I’m pretty pumped in hopes that we get our 5th straight win against them.

One stat I couldn’t find was the W-L record of Marvin against Reid. Fred, can you assist on this? Think it would be an interesting stat.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 10:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Some interesting stuff about the Bengals/Chiefs history.

Marvin is 6-2 against the Chiefs.
Dalton is 2-0 in his career against KC with 616 pyds, 3 TDS and 0 picks.
Cincinnati has won the last 4 matchups.
Cincinnati leads the series 15-13.

Here’s the concern: when we met in 2015, Bengals record was 4-0 while Chiefs were 1-3. In 2012, Bengals 5-5, Chiefs 1-9. In 2009, Bengals were 10-5 and Chiefs were 3-12 and lastly in 2008, Bengals were 4-11-1 with Chiefs at 2-14. So while we have won the last 4, clearly the Chiefs were struggling to be competitive each of those contests. Unlike the 5-1 Chiefs we play tomorrow. I’m pretty pumped in hopes that we get our 5th straight win against them.

One stat I couldn’t find was the W-L record of Marvin against Reid. Fred, can you assist on this? Think it would be an interesting stat.

Saw it this week but couldn't remember where, so I just looked it up now.

3-0-1
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 11:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Saw it this week but couldn't remember where, so I just looked it up now.

3-0-1

Thanks Truck. Interesting stat indeed.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Even if the Bengals come out on the short end of the KC game, there will still be a lot of reason for optimism:

Their record would be 4-3 and the rest of their schedule would look as follows. I bolded my predictions for each game next to the opponent.

Tampa Bay Bucs(W- At home, before the bye, the Bengals will romp on this dysfunctional team)

BYE WEEK- Get Price back healthy, and hopefully Gio. The rest of the banged-up group will appreciate the break mid-season.

New Orleans Saints(W- They have a great offense, but they are a vastly different team away from their dome)

@ Baltimore Ratbirds (L- The Bengals could easily win this game, but I think Baltimore is due and they realized the second half they are much better off not blitzing Dalton)

Cleveland Browns(W-Though they will be vastly more competitive, they don't match up well against the Bengals and their lack of talented depth pieces is starting to show)

Denver Broncos(W-Case Keenum doesn't scare me at all, and although they have a very capable rushing attack and defense, they don't fare well traveling East for 1PM starts)

@ LA Chargers (L- I only gave us a loss because of the travel and the fact that Bosa may be back by then....could just as easily be a win)

Oakland Raiders (W-This team is a disaster on defense and can't score with the Bengals)

@ Cleveland Browns (W- They will give a good fight, but will be very thin by the end of the year)

@ pitt (L- Only because the game won't matter for division or seeding. I think the Bengals will win the AFC North with a record of 10-6 and be the #3 seed)

The #3 seed despite calculating a loss this weekend at KC, a loss on the road at the Chargers, and a meaningless loss against pitt at the end of the season.

Any of those games could be wins (and, yes, I know, so could the wins turn in to losses) yet the Bengals would be in the postseason and have a home playoff game.

So, even if they lose to KC, this team is still poised for a post season appearance and run. I am hoping the defense starts to click as they have shown flashes and the offense continues to roll.

I feel that if they have a chance at winning the division that this is a must win. I don’t like aiming for a wildcard spot. They have to be able to beat the better teams if they’re gonna advance in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 09:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Ravens have a tough schedule too... Chiefs Chargers Panthers Falcons Saints still on the schedule... not to mention Bengals Steelers Browns 

There is no easy sledding for any of the AFC North Teams.

Ravens have the defense.  We all know defense wins football games.  That's how they won their first SB with Trent Dilfer at QB with the #1 defense and the #16 offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 03:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Ravens have the defense.  We all know defense wins football games.  That's how they won their first SB with Trent Dilfer at QB with the #1 defense and the #16 offense.

Ravens do have a good defense I talked about it before the Bengals put up 34 points on them.

My point is like the Bengals and Steelers...The Ravens still have some really tough games on the schedule. 

Its going to be fun to see how it shakes out.

Reply/Quote