Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age check….who were the top 3 players on the team when you 1st started watching?
(11-19-2022, 01:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Top 3 when I started watching

Football:
Roger Staubach
Drew Person
Calvin Hill

Bengals:
Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Isaac Curtis

YEP  and I d like to add Lamar Parrish, Reggie Williams, Eddie Edwards, Ross Browner 
Reply/Quote
When I started watching:

NFL:

- Emmitt Smith
- Steve Young
- Cortez Kennedy

(didn't know who any of these guys were, at the time)

Bengals:

- Carsone
- Chad
- Leon Hall

This was only because I started watching games in their entirety, in 2009 (as that's when I first started getting Sunday Ticket. it was only PT or random games otherwise, from 1992-2009. My Bengals content was a steady diet of highlights and internet things, for most of my youth). Since I've been a fan since I was three however (thus still apt for NFL, in my list above), the Bengals stars at the time were:

- Boomer (who I knew at the time, the only player I would know for a year or so)
- Krumrie (who I didn't)
- Harold Green (who I also didn't)

Then the next year (when I was 4), Leon Lett's Thanksgiving play was replayed to death and that name stuck lol and John Copeland was drafted by us, so those two became the next 2 players I ever remember hearing about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 10:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: My first non Bengals team players that I pulled for and recall was

Kenny Stabler
Fred Biletnikoff 
George Blanda

led by John Madden

Also followed the Redskins when they lost to the undefeated Dolphins per these players

Larry Brown - one of my favorite RB's ever beside Walter Payton
Billy Kilmer 
Sonny Jurgensen, they had 2 good QB's and Sam Wyche was the 3rd string
Mike Bass
It we got that route:
 Fran Tarkenton
Chuck Foreman
Paul Krause
Loved the Big Red Machine and that caused my fandom to the Bengals
Reply/Quote
Anderson, Munoz, Riley
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I was young but Blake, Scott, Pickens. Just looked it up to see who else I was forgetting and unfortunately that POS Kimo was on our team my early years too. *%#+! First Jersey I ever got was Peter Warrick.
Reply/Quote
Some of you are reminding me why my body hurts so much having just sat on a plane for 22 hours to get home yesterday. Thanks for reminding me I'm not young.

Greg Cook
Paul Roninson
Ken Riley
Reply/Quote
Ken Anderson
Archie Griffin
Pete Johnson
Ken Riley
Lemar Parrish
Tommy Casanova
Jim Leclair
Coy Bacon
Reply/Quote
I started following the Bengals in their first season 1968. I was 17 and I wasn't as emotionally invested in the team as I am today. I went back and looked at the roster and some of the names I remember were there, Trumpy, Essex Johnson, Sam Wyche. I got serious about them around the time Ken Anderson was in his prime and have been ever since. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz
Boomer Esiason
David Fulcher
Reply/Quote
The three that I remember the most from when I started watching are Anderson, Curtis, and Munoz.
Reply/Quote
Jeff Blake
Carl Pickens
Darney Scott
Reply/Quote
Anderson
Griffin
Bacon
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Boomer
Icky
Munoz

Became a football and Bengals fan in '88
Reply/Quote
Takeo Spikes
Corey Dillon
Willie Anderson
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Boomer, Icky and Munoz.
Reply/Quote
Chad
Palmer
Rudi

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 06:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chad
Palmer
Rudi

I would love to watch a perspective analysis on how good Rudi Johnson actually was. I wasn’t into X’s and O’s when he was playing but i generally remember Chris Perry being the fun big play guy and Rudi being more of the bell cow solid chain mover back. But nothing special. Then i look at his stats and see he had 3 straight 1300 yard seasons
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 06:27 PM)Housh Wrote: I would love to watch a perspective analysis on how good Rudi Johnson actually was. I wasn’t into X’s and O’s when he was playing but i generally remember Chris Perry being the fun big play guy and Rudi being more of the bell cow solid chain mover back. But nothing special. Then i look at his stats and see he had 3 straight 1300 yard seasons

Rudi had great vision and he was tough, but he had a fantastic OL those years. Wish our current OL could turn into something
comparable. If they do, Mixon could blow up for huge yards in the back half of the season, same with Perine and Evans if he is 
back anytime soon and gets some snaps. The Panthers game could just be the beginning, sure as hell hope so.
Reply/Quote
Chad, Carson, Willie Anderson were when I started seriously watching 2005 and on. When I became a fan it'd probably be Willie, dillion, spikes? Became a fan before I even watched them as I didn't have a TV until like 2003.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 01:34 PM)phil413 Wrote: Anthony Munoz
Boomer Esiason
David Fulcher

I was just about to make the same post.

Joe
Reply/Quote