Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahmed Mohamed and his family will move to Qatar
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-and-his-family-will-move-to-qatar/2015/10/20/a95ed296-7762-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html

Quote:Less than 24 hours after Ahmed Mohamed met President Obama, his family decided it’s time to leave America for good.

The 14-year-old Texas boy who was arrested for bringing to school a homemade clock that authorities said resembled a bomb will soon be living in Qatar.

“After careful consideration of all the generous offers received, we would like to announce that we have accepted a kind offer from Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) for Ahmed to join the prestigious QF Young Innovators Program, which reflects the organization’s on-going dedication to empowering young people and fostering a culture of innovation and creativity,” the family said in a news release Tuesday.

Anthony Bond, a close family friend and the founder of the Irving, Texas, chapter of the NAACP said the family made the decision to leave the U.S. within the past 24 hours. They have spent those hours in Washington, where Ahmed has been on a mini-press tour in anticipation of his visit to the White House.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Beat it clock boy.

Take off to the country with massive human rights violations.
[Image: 3WMtXwc.gif]
(10-21-2015, 12:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Beat it clock boy.  

Take off to the country with massive human rights violations.

No, no...he's LEAVING the US.
(10-21-2015, 07:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, no...he's LEAVING the US.

International laws aren't something we think are important when they could be applied to us or our friends. That is why we are the only country that doesn't think Israel should be held accountable for their violations of them.
(10-21-2015, 07:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: International laws aren't something we think are important when they could be plied to us or our friends. That is why we are the only country that doesn't think Israel should be held accountable for their violations of them.

Well, WE are a nation of laws!  Ninja
(10-21-2015, 07:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well, WE are a nation of laws!  Ninja

...as long as we're the ones making them!

I almost replied to Lucie's obvious trollbait "human rights violations" comment. But na. I'm starting to get pretty bored with his circular reasoning, self-described "spicy" comments, bigotry and overall failure to think about anything rationally.
(10-21-2015, 08:15 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: ...as long as we're the ones making them!

I almost replied to Lucie's obvious trollbait "human rights violations" comment. But na. I'm starting to get pretty bored with his circular reasoning, self-described "spicy" comments, bigotry and overall failure to think about anything rationally.

I'm getting pretty tired of all of the trolling in this subforum, really. At least it was pretty funny a couple of years back, but even towards the end of the old board it was just getting obnoxious. I think the whole fiasco with the dude with the alts really put a damper on things and created an atmosphere that was a bit different than it had been before.
(10-21-2015, 08:15 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: ...as long as we're the ones making them!

I'm surprised he said "human rights violations" and not "the free market". They basically let employers treat migrant workers like shit, which he wants companies to be able to do here to all people.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-21-2015, 09:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm surprised he said "human rights violations" and not "the free market". They basically let employers treat migrant workers like shit, which he wants companies to be able to do here to all people.

Well they can move to another....wait....
(10-21-2015, 08:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm getting pretty tired of all of the trolling in this subforum, really. At least it was pretty funny a couple of years back, but even towards the end of the old board it was just getting obnoxious. I think the whole fiasco with the dude with the alts really put a damper on things and created an atmosphere that was a bit different than it had been before.

Ah, you mean "insider information guy"? Brian Patteriona/his million other personas? Yeah. Wasn't he supposedly going to publish a book about his trolling for some reason?

Guy was the ultimate Asperger's sufferer.
(10-21-2015, 09:41 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Ah, you mean "insider information guy"? Brian Patteriona/his million other personas? Yeah. Wasn't he supposedly going to publish a book about his trolling for some reason?

I'm not sure if the Patternoia character spent time in P&R, but I could be wrong. I think it was a different one. 

My favorite part of P&R now is letting threads sit and see where they end up. 

Abortion thread?---> When does death begin? 
War on Christianity?----> Grown men creating alts on internet message boards. 

Beats the every thread about pedophilia phase we had.

I still poke my head in from time to time to post on a topic I actually care about, but it's all pretty meh at this point.
(10-21-2015, 10:14 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm not sure if the Patternoia character spent time in P&R, but I could be wrong. I think it was a different one. 

My favorite part of P&R now is letting threads sit and see where they end up. 

Abortion thread?---> When does death begin? 
War on Christianity?----> Grown men creating alts on internet message boards. 

Beats the every thread about pedophilia phase we had.

I still poke my head in from time to time to post on a topic I actually care about, but it's all pretty meh at this point.

Patteriona was the (lack of) brains behind all of those alts. He didn't come into P&R under that name, but several of his alts did.
(10-21-2015, 08:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm getting pretty tired of all of the trolling in this subforum, really. At least it was pretty funny a couple of years back, but even towards the end of the old board it was just getting obnoxious. I think the whole fiasco with the dude with the alts really put a damper on things and created an atmosphere that was a bit different than it had been before.

Do you remember how/who connected the old board with the "new" board which eventually imploded over the course of one weekend?  I was out of town visiting family in Charleston and came back and the board was gone.  LOL
'Murica! Don't like it, leave it!

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-21-2015, 07:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: International laws aren't something we think are important when they could be applied to us or our friends. That is why we are the only country that doesn't think Israel should be held accountable for their violations of them.

This is so, SO true.
(10-20-2015, 11:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-and-his-family-will-move-to-qatar/2015/10/20/a95ed296-7762-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html

So Obama really IS a Muslim!  Shocked

Mellow
(10-21-2015, 12:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So Obama really IS a Muslim!  Shocked

Mellow

[Image: mahmoud-ahmadinejads-quotes-5.jpg]
The family followed the money.

Not a big fan of Qatar at all, but noit sure what I would do in their situation. You have to remember that this "fake bomb" was just the final incident in a long list of problems. Their town of Irving was obviously having problems with Muslims. Back in February the Mayor posted inflammatory remarks regarding how "Sharia Law Courts are not authorized in the City of Irving" and then backed a grandstanding anti-Sharia bill in the state legislature that forbid family law judges from using "foreign law" in making their decisions. This was all in response to an Iman acting as a mediator in a dispute between church members. Pretty much all religions have similar tribunals that apply church rules to members behavior. There was never any suggestion that this was a court of any kind or that its rulings would carry any legal weight. But Sharia Law remains one of the major tools of the Muslim fear mongers.

Then in April the mosque in Irving received extra police security based on several phone calls and an incident of a person filming the members entering the mosque.

So I am pretty sure the family did not feel very welcome in this atmosphere. They claim that there were several incidents of anti-Muslim bullying at the school. I do not know if they are true or not, but based on what a lot of adults in the town were saying I would not doubt that a lot of kids held the same views.

So who can blame them for getting paid well to get out of a situation where they felt unwelcome and possibly even afraid?
(10-21-2015, 09:41 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Ah, you mean "insider information guy"? Brian Patteriona/his million other personas? Yeah. Wasn't he supposedly going to publish a book about his trolling for some reason?

No, he's talking about that "Tiger Blood" guy...very creepy dude. He had at least 10 different personalities on here. Fake his own death and then on another board portrayed his own daughter or something like that.

Crazy stuff.

And yes, the trolling on this sub-forum is getting out of hand and is spilling into other sub-forums. It really needs to stop or this board won't be around long.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.