Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Franken Accused of Sexual Assault
(11-17-2017, 08:03 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Its a setup by right wing hate group to take the heat off of Roy Moore and Bush Sr.

That might be possible, especially after Roger Stone seemed to have knowledge of what's coming in advance. Maybe they had that one prepared for bad times like those.

But even if that is so and even if the kissing part were a lie. Does not change the fact that Franken definitely posed for a very inappropriate and potentially demeaning photograph and that still is a grave misbehaviour. Whether he actually touched her or not doesn't matter too much, it's demeaning behaviour either way. Not quite Roy Moore child molestation bad, but bad nonetheless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-17-2017, 08:03 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Did you see how surprised Franken was when that person caught him what appears to look like touching that womans breast, although its hard to tell if he actually was touching her. Is it groping if you don't make contact?

That girl was on Jack Tapper yesterday crying, recalling what supposedly happened during the dress rehearsal.  10 years ago.
Its a setup by right wing hate group to take the heat off of Roy Moore and Bush Sr.
They came across that picture and told her to put a story to it.  You'll see her on Fox shortly in her new position. They should make all these people take polygraph test.
She looks real upset with Frankin alright.

[Image: 8t5ak9p95l2ycl06g.jpg]

This is what is wrong with this forum, and politics in general in this country.
(11-17-2017, 08:03 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Did you see how surprised Franken was when that person caught him what appears to look like touching that womans breast, although its hard to tell if he actually was touching her. Is it groping if you don't make contact?

That girl was on Jack Tapper yesterday crying, recalling what supposedly happened during the dress rehearsal.  10 years ago.
Its a setup by right wing hate group to take the heat off of Roy Moore and Bush Sr.
They came across that picture and told her to put a story to it.  You'll see her on Fox shortly in her new position. They should make all these people take polygraph test.

[Image: tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg]
(11-17-2017, 10:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is what is wrong with this forum, and politics in general in this country.

Agreed.  There's a lot of moral cowardice on display here and it is indeed a microcosm of the country in general.  As I said earlier, the Franken allegation surprised and disappointed me.  I see absolutely zero indication that this is manufactured and there's photographic evidence to back it up.  GMDino won't even respond to a pointed question about whether he believes the women who have accused Bill Clinton of raping them.  Lots of moral cowardice to be sure.

Something is wrong there!

Her boobies seem to have shrunk!!! Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Here's the thing that I don't get.

Why didn't he just draw a penis on her forehead with a marker, like the other junior high kids?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-17-2017, 11:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed.  There's a lot of moral cowardice on display here and it is indeed a microcosm of the country in general.  As I said earlier, the Franken allegation surprised and disappointed me.  I see absolutely zero indication that this is manufactured and there's photographic evidence to back it up.  GMDino won't even respond to a pointed question about whether he believes the women who have accused Bill Clinton of raping them.  Lots of moral cowardice to be sure.

Disappointed me as well, but hard to be surprised at this point.

While I don't think its manufactured in the sense that it probably happened (gross mouth kiss thing); I do think the timing of a CD with this image showing up on her doorstep is quite fortuitous for some.  She still has all the right and responsibility to go public with the story, but it seems like a grand distraction to much more egregious actions of others.  

Call me crazy, but I don't think groping someone is best done in front of a camera with a smile on your face.  I take the picture as a terrible joke in front of the troops.  The optics are sub-optimal in the current climate.
(11-17-2017, 11:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Agreed.  There's a lot of moral cowardice on display here and it is indeed a microcosm of the country in general.  As I said earlier, the Franken allegation surprised and disappointed me.  I see absolutely zero indication that this is manufactured and there's photographic evidence to back it up.  GMDino won't even respond to a pointed question about whether he believes the women who have accused Bill Clinton of raping them.  Lots of moral cowardice to be sure.
Agree, there is a lot of fact cowardice going on here by a group of Righteous Pin heads, aka Mike Pence clones.
"there's photographic evidence to back it up"
The only photographic evidence is of Franken appearing to put his hands on her breast which as another poster said,
" posed for a very inappropriate and potentially demeaning photograph"
Which was a bad joke. Big F'n deal. Franken wasn't hiding anything and freely admitted it. Then apologized.
The whole putting his tongue down her throat in the dressing room is all her account of what he supposedly did.
She will be well compensated for her humiliation.
Believe what you want if it makes you feel good but you should watch who you are calling cowards. Don't make crap up like your idol Drumph and the DailyWire.
(11-17-2017, 05:30 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Agree, there is a lot of fact cowardice going on here by a group of Righteous Pin heads, aka Mike Pence clones.
The only photographic evidence is of Franken appearing to put his hands on her breast which as another poster said,
Which was a bad joke. Big F'n deal. Franken wasn't hiding anything and freely admitted it. Then apologized.
The whole putting his tongue down her throat in the dressing room is all her account of what he supposedly did.
Believe what you want if it makes you feel good but you should watch who you are calling cowards. Don't make crap up like your idol Drumph and the DailyWire.

You literally just convinced me that you're Lucie's alter.
(11-17-2017, 06:01 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You literally just convinced me that you're Lucie's alter.

You have convinced me that you refer to your wife as "mother" also, like the mannequin.
(11-17-2017, 05:30 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Agree, there is a lot of fact cowardice going on here by a group of Righteous Pin heads, aka Mike Pence clones.

Well he already admitted that he fake apologized for his jokes about women when he ran for the Senate, but this is a real apology I guess.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-20-2017, 07:42 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: You have convinced me that you refer to your wife as "mother" also, like the mannequin.

Outstanding retort.  
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reading the comments on Franken's FB page is all one needs to do to see the hypocrisy of the liberal. Apparently if you grope a woman and force her to kiss you it's "Ok" if you say you're sorry and don't respect a man that would do such things.

Franken is in full recovery mode now and I find it to be laughable. I will say just as I applauded the GOP establishment for condeming Moore if allegations are true I applaud the Dem establishment for doing the same. It's the supporters that appear to be hypocritical in the matters.

Al better hope that another woman does not come forward or more photos are revealed if he wants to have any future in politics. Perhaps Moore will get elected and then selected to head up the ethics investigation on Franken and once that concludes Franken can head up the Moore investigation. 

Ut Oh:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-says-al-franken-groped-142249818.html

Quote:Another woman has come forward with an assault allegation against Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.).

Lindsay Menz, 33, told CNN in a report published on Monday that Franken “inappropriately touched her in 2010” while posing for a photograph at the Minnesota State Fair.
Menz said she was driven to speak out on what happened to her after local radio news anchor Leeann Tweeden revealed last week that Franken “kissed and groped her without her consent during a USO tour in December 2006.
“I don’t want to paint my story in the same light as hers,” Menz said of Tweeden’s account, adding, “If someone sees that I said something, maybe it would give them the courage to say something too.” 
Of her interaction with Franken, Menz said she was left feeling “gross” after the incident at the Minnesota State Fair, which she attended with her husband and father.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-20-2017, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ut Oh:

Good thing he insisted there be an ethics investigation.

And his first accuser thinks he should stay in office, which is weird.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/11/17/franken_accuser_tweeden_tears_up_on_cnn_ive_been_angry_about_it_for_10_years.html

Quote:TAPPER: What do you think about the Senate is calling for an ethics investigation, ethics committee investigation. Franken himself called for it. But just a day ago, when it came out that more than $15 million had been paid off in settlements to women for sexual harassment and other charges by Congress, there was a lot of question about, should Congress really be in charge of investigating itself? Can we really? 

I mean, I don't know if you saw in the coverage of it when Jackie Speier did her hearing in the House a couple days ago, but they put up a chart of what women or men need to do to lodge a complaint of sexual harassment. And it's this process, it's like a Rube Goldberg design that only could have been designed by somebody who actually was a sexual harasser who was trying to dissuade women from lodging these complaints. 

I guess the question, is the Senate, if ethics committee, forgetting Al Franken for a second, is it enough for senators or should there be something else? 

TWEEDEN: I think there should be -- if anybody is going to be investigated, I mean, I'm not talking about this case in particular, but it should always be an independent investigation because you can't expect the -- I'm not going to say swamp, you can't expect people within their own group to investigate themselves. That's never going to be a fair investigation because they're always going to protect themselves. 

So I would think an outside investigation or an outside party that's unbiased and not part of that affiliation is always going to be called for because they're always going to protect themselves. And that's $15 million payout, you -- I mean, that's like having these NDAs, that's how you protect -- 

TAPPER: Right.

TWEEDEN: -- that's how Harvey Weinstein was able to protect because that's how women stay silent, or men, right? When you can pay off and say, I'm going to pay you for your silence. OK, maybe I abused you, maybe I sexually harassed you, maybe I raped you, but if I pay you money, but you're going to stay silent, they can continue that type of behavior. 

TAPPER: They do. That's the whole point. Right.

TWEEDEN: And they do that in Congress, and Congress they're paying them off with our money. 

TAPPER: Right. TWEEDEN: They're paying them off with taxpayer money. I'm sure that $15 million didn't come out of their personal pocket, right? 

TAPPER: Yes.

TWEEDEN: So how do we not know names? How do we not know what happened? Names need to be named and the money needs to come out of their own personal checkbooks, OK?

This is wrong. When names start being named, right, and I think there was a call yesterday on Capitol Hill that if we start knowing names and people start being called out, maybe this behavior will start changing. 

TAPPER: Do you -- are you willing to testify before the Senate Ethics Committee? 

TWEEDEN: I would be, sure. I mean, I -- yes. OK, if they asked me to. 

TAPPER: Do you think that Senator Franken should step down from his job or if he fails to be expelled from the Senate by his colleagues? 

TWEEDEN: I'm not asking for that. I mean, that's not why I came out with my story. I'm not asking for him to step down as senator, that's not my -- if somebody else calls for that, but that's not what I'm asking. 

TAPPER: But in your heart, I mean, do you have any feeling? I mean, it sounds like you've nursed this understandably with a lot of resentment, again, completely understandably for 11 years. Do you want him punished? I mean, what -- or do you just want to be acknowledged as a human being and apologized to? 

TWEEDEN: Yes. I think that's it, the latter. I think I just wanted him to apologize to me for that. And say he was sorry. And I think that second statement that he came out with and the acknowledgment of saying that it was wrong and that heartfelt and, you know, gathering his staff and saying, you know, what, it was wrong, and I think everybody needs to take a good, hard look. And I think he really came from a place of honesty there. 

And I think that's really where change is going to be driven from. Not from the victims coming out and talking about it. I think it's going to come from the people who maybe do the abusing that don't even realize they're doing the abusing, because it's so a part of the culture and it's been so a part of when you can do this and look at a camera and laugh and think that that's OK and you can get away with it and you know you're being photographed and you know you're doing it to a woman and you think that that's OK and you can do it with impunity and you think you can just get away with it and it's ha-ha funny -- that's what's wrong with the culture, you know? So if we can have the people doing the abusing change, that's where, that's when the change is going to occur. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-20-2017, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ut Oh:

That jokester.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-20-2017, 05:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Good thing he insisted there be an ethics investigation.

And his first accuser thinks he should stay in office, which is weird.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/11/17/franken_accuser_tweeden_tears_up_on_cnn_ive_been_angry_about_it_for_10_years.html

'We are going to have an ethics investigation."  "I insist you do."  

Thankfully you aren't so gullible with Republicans or we wouldn't have any threads in this forum.  

(11-20-2017, 05:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 'We are going to have an ethics investigation."  "I insist you do."  

Thankfully you aren't so gullible with Republicans or we wouldn't have any threads in this forum.  

How many accused apologize, have it accepted by their accuser and agree that they should be investigated?

Seriously.

How many?

The answer is only one more than time than Trump has accepted blame for something.  Ninja
(11-20-2017, 05:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: How many accused apologize, have it accepted by their accuser and agree that they should be investigated?

Seriously.

How many?

The answer is only one more than time than Trump has accepted blame for something.  Ninja

So your bar is Trump?

(11-20-2017, 05:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So your bar is Trump?

No my joke is Trump.   Smirk

All seriousness aside you don't think almost every other politician would deny and then deflect and then make excuses and then claim it's a witch hunt?

Give Franken a little credit for accepting this like an adult.
(11-20-2017, 05:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: No my joke is Trump.   Smirk

All seriousness aside you don't think almost every other politician would deny and then deflect and then make excuses and then claim it's a witch hunt?

Give Franken a little credit for accepting this like an adult.

Photographic evidence makes it a little difficult to deny.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]