Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Franken Accused of Sexual Assault
Good for her cashing in now. Wonder how much she got?
Thank God for Donald Trump bringing all this sexual harassment to the forefront.
Franken apologized and the woman accepted it...end of story.
She's wearing body armor. There's no way he was getting to them boobies.
(11-16-2017, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, if I get to pick the ten I'd be confident. That in no way makes what Franken did right or excusable. It just makes your example wrong.

Some said the picture is not a big deal or not as big a deal as what he is accused of. But again, since you brought Trump into this, he was accused of a lot more than what was heard on that tape. He not only denied it he shamed the people who accused him and people voted for him. Some probably because of what he said.

The photo is not "sexual assault" so I'm assuming you mean the kissing part.

Either way has anyone said "eh, guys. amirght?" to defend him like people did for Trump? No.

Bad comparison.

I think the photo could be sexual assault. It looks like he is actually touching her.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-16-2017, 09:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think the photo could be sexual assault. It looks like he is actually touching her.

If he was touching her I'd agree with that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
lol if it was Sen. Franken-R, that stake would be a-roastin’.
(11-16-2017, 07:08 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't believe the woman. This is the Trump Deep State and the right wing press trying to take down a good man.

I’ve read comments by ppl under these articles saying she actually works for Fox News and has connections to Hannity. Honestly, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Does it feel like we live in a soap opera with new drama popping up every new episode? God I hate drama.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(11-16-2017, 02:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Since we all seem to be in agreement that this crossed the line I don't feel bad derailing a bit:

I had a conversation last week with a neighbor about all these accusations.  I said it makes me sit back and wonder if someone, anyone could come up to me today and tell me that something that happened 30 years or more ago and that was innocent and fun now crossed that line.  Heck in college we had WWF style wrestling in our room with the girls, we all said inappropriate things to be "funny", etc.  At the time no one complained.  What about now?

I can probably remember four or five times that looking back were not the best personally.

And the rest of us probably have similar events in our past.

The neighbor said he knew guys that might have had four or five incidences in a night when they were in college. 

Not trying to justify anyone or any event...just pondering.

Well, well, look whos changing his tune when it's a democRAT involved.

You mean like locker room talk correct?
(11-16-2017, 10:08 PM)Vlad Wrote: Well, well, look whos changing his tune.

You mean like locker room talk correct?

Nope.  

But I can't teach a stranger to read. Sad
Democrats find themselves in a predicament...can't give Franken a pass while continuing to go after Moore now can they?

What to do ...what to do???
(11-16-2017, 09:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Does it feel like we live in a soap opera with new drama popping up every new episode?  God I hate drama.

Part of me wants to say there should be a statute of limitations on these allegations of sexual assault. I mean we currently have cases that over 40 years old. Now if there is proof of an allegation posted at the time that got "swept under the rug" then that is a different case. However, for someone to come up out of the blue and say ______________  made unwanted sexual advances toward me ________ years ago; makes me wonder is time has altered their objectivity of the situation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-16-2017, 10:20 PM)Vlad Wrote: Democrats find themselves in a predicament...can't give Franken a pass while continuing to go after Moore now can they?

What to do ...what to do???

They go after both...as most have done.

Must be tough to be in the GOP and still be defending those guys.
Frankens long history of sexual misconduct jokes.

http://www.newsweek.com/franken-jokes-sexual-misconduct-women-713678

Franken also brought up rape in a 1995 New York magazine article and detailed three-way sex with robots in a 2000 Playboy article, during which he also discussed a well-known 60 Minutes reporter.

“And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her,’” Franken said. “Or, ‘that’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘when she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”
(11-16-2017, 10:48 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Awww he apologized.

Everything is good now.

When is Bill gonna apologize?
(11-16-2017, 10:49 PM)Vlad Wrote: Awww he apologized.

Everything is good now.

Such a small mind view.

Apologizing is a good start.
(11-16-2017, 10:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Such a small mind view.

Apologizing is a good start.

I dont really give people credit for apologizing after they’ve been outted. He doesn’t like men who don’t respect women? Well he’s one of ‘em. Not a lick of difference.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-16-2017, 11:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I dont really give people credit for apologizing after they’ve been outted. He doesn’t like men who don’t respect women?  Well he’s one of ‘em. Not a lick of difference.

Again...I can't teach strangers to read.

His full statement is there.

Thanks.
(11-16-2017, 11:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again...I can't teach strangers to read.

His full statement is there.

Thanks.

I read it. It was linked here a couple hours ago. He gave reasons then said his reasons didn’t matter. He says he respects women. He doesn’t. Do the men he doesn’t like because they don’t respect women get to declare that they do?