Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Franken Accused of Sexual Assault
(11-16-2017, 04:10 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Who would have ever guessed that AL Franken was planning on running for President?

Maybe his wife is and he's trying to give her the same leg up Hils had.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-16-2017, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe his wife is and he's trying to give her the same leg up Hils had.

He was trying to get his hand up her leg?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-16-2017, 02:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This going back and forth from both sides trying to get one another on these type of allegations won’t end well.

As for Al Franken......   not really much of an excuse given the photo.

Lucie- I 100% agree with this. 

(11-16-2017, 03:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: She said ok to the kiss and he as a comedian posed for an inappropriate pic meant to be comedic.

Raise your hand if you have never messed with a sleeping friend for laughs.

Im not gonna burn him at the stake for this.

I'm with you.  This is exactly how I feel too.  If you look closely at the picture, its not exactly like he's touching her.  He's just cupping his hands over her breasts.  Not that it doesn't make it any better, he should have known better than that, but given his comedic background, I'm sure he thought it was funny.  I'm not gonna be the one tossing rocks at a glass house.  I'm sure we all got a few of these sophomoric moments in our closet.  I know there's a few girls out there that pry don't think to highly of me either. -GASP!-

At least he didn't "come up on her and grab her by the p***y."  Like someonewho likes to brag about that.......
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(11-16-2017, 04:10 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Who would have ever guessed that AL Franken was planning on running for President?

crossed my mind after finishing giant of the senate.  great read.  somehow this incident was overlooked in his retelling of his USO days.

he did what he did.  sticking ones tongue in another persons mouth is not cool bro.  pic, not so mad about honestly.
(11-16-2017, 03:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: She said ok to the kiss and he as a comedian posed for an inappropriate pic meant to be comedic.

The picture is less of a bother to me because he was a comedian.  It looks like something one of my friends would do in jest.

But the rest of the story takes away the "funny" part.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-16-2017, 04:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: The picture is less of a bother to me because he was a comedian.  It looks like something one of my friends would do in jest.

The picture, when taken in context with earlier events, is worse than it is on its own.
I don't get the whole he's a comedian part. Yes he probably did it as a joke, but no no more acceptable because you are trying to be funny. And no personally I've never fondled a sleeping girl even in college, and I was a full blown alcoholic by age 20.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

For those who think the pic is not that big of a deal: find 10 sleeping women and take your picture pretending to fondle them. Wake them up and show them the picture. OUt of the 10, how many do you think would think it's not a big deal?

I'm also amused how Trump brags that women let him grab them by the cat and THAT'S a huge deal for some, but Franken pretends to fondle a sleeping woman without her knowledge or permission and that's no big deal. Whatever
(11-16-2017, 05:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: For those who think the pic is not that big of a deal: find 10 sleeping women and take your picture pretending to fondle them. Wake them up and show them the picture. OUt of the 10, how many do you think would think it's not a big deal?

I'm also amused how Trump brags that women let him grab them by the cat and THAT'S a huge deal for some, but Franken pretends to fondle a sleeping woman without her knowledge or permission and that's no big deal. Whatever

Are these ten random women or someone I've known and been working with?

I could pick ten women I know and they'd all laugh about it.

But that's not the point.

If we want to compare this to Trump: Franken apologized Trump said he was lying..."locker room talk".  Then said his accusers were too ugly for him to have tried to hit on.

That doesn't excuse Franken but it's not the same either.
(11-16-2017, 05:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: For those who think the pic is not that big of a deal: find 10 sleeping women and take your picture pretending to fondle them. Wake them up and show them the picture. OUt of the 10, how many do you think would think it's not a big deal?

I'm with you, and tend to agree with Andy Richter on this point:

I will say, Franken's new statement in full is a good response. That he is on board with an ethics investigation is important, but it won't change what was done. 
(11-16-2017, 06:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are these ten random women or someone I've known and been working with?

I could pick ten women I know and they'd all laugh about it.

While I don't doubt you have some female friends comfortable enough that they'd be okay with you doing this, I highly doubt you have 10 and I be even more surprised if you had that many coworkers who would laugh about you pretending to grope them in their sleep without their knowledge.

GMDino Wrote:If we want to compare this to Trump: Franken apologized Trump said he was lying..."locker room talk".  Then said his accusers were too ugly for him to have tried to hit on.

That doesn't excuse Franken but it's not the same either.

No, they're not the same; Trump made some distasteful comments and Franken actually sexually assaulted someone. Somehow, according to some in this very thread, Franken's actions are not that big of a deal.
(11-16-2017, 06:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I will say, Franken's new statement in full is a good response. That he is on board with an ethics investigation is important, but it won't change what was done. 

As I said, I've never liked Franken, but I have to say, if you're going to respond to an allegation like this, I don't think you can respond in a better manner than he did. 
(11-16-2017, 06:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: While I don't doubt you have some female friends comfortable enough that they'd be okay with you doing this, I highly doubt you have 10 and I be even more surprised if you had that many coworkers who would laugh about you pretending to grope them in their sleep without their knowledge.

Again, if I get to pick the ten I'd be confident. That in no way makes what Franken did right or excusable. It just makes your example wrong.

(11-16-2017, 06:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they're not the same; Trump made some distasteful comments and Franken actually sexually assaulted someone. Somehow, according to some in this very thread, Franken's actions are not that big of a deal.

Some said the picture is not a big deal or not as big a deal as what he is accused of. But again, since you brought Trump into this, he was accused of a lot more than what was heard on that tape. He not only denied it he shamed the people who accused him and people voted for him. Some probably because of what he said.

The photo is not "sexual assault" so I'm assuming you mean the kissing part.

Either way has anyone said "eh, guys. amirght?" to defend him like people did for Trump? No.

Bad comparison.
(11-16-2017, 06:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they're not the same; Trump made some distasteful comments and Franken actually sexually assaulted someone. Somehow, according to some in this very thread, Franken's actions are not that big of a deal.

Well, let's be clear, there are around 16 (IIRC) women who have accused Trump of sexual assault, and the distasteful comments were describing what can be seen as sexual assault and him taking part in it.

(11-16-2017, 06:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: As I said, I've never liked Franken, but I have to say, if you're going to respond to an allegation like this, I don't think you can respond in a better manner than he did. 

Yeah, he and/or his team did a good job with that one.
Did she just see this picture a few days ago?
(11-16-2017, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, if I get to pick the ten I'd be confident.  That in no way makes what Franken did right or excusable.  It just makes your example wrong.
Considering that most women I know (even those with great senses of humor) would not take too kindly to someone pretending to fondle them while they slept, you'll excuse me if I don't believe you.
(11-16-2017, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Some said the picture is not a big deal or not as big a deal as what he is accused of. But again, since you brought Trump into this, he was accused of a lot more than what was heard on that tape.  He not only denied it he shamed the people who accused him and people voted for him.  Some probably because of what he said.

I didn't bring Trump into this. Someone else did and they only referenced the "grab 'em by the ----" comments hence why I only spoke about what he said and not his other accusations.
(11-16-2017, 06:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: The photo is not "sexual assault" so I'm assuming you mean the kissing part.  

The photo IS sexual assault, at least according to the United States Justice Department:
https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault
Quote:Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.

I think the average person would define pretending to touch one's private parts as "sexual behavior".

GMDino Wrote:Either way has anyone said "eh, guys. amirght?" to defend him like people did for Trump? No.

Oh, I don't know some of these seem to be in a similar vein:

(11-16-2017, 04:20 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: If you look closely at the picture, its not exactly like he's touching her.  He's just cupping his hands over her breasts.  Not that it doesn't make it any better, he should have known better than that, but given his comedic background, I'm sure he thought it was funny.  I'm not gonna be the one tossing rocks at a glass house.  I'm sure we all got a few of these sophomoric moments in our closet.  I know there's a few girls out there that pry don't think to highly of me either.   -GASP!-
(11-16-2017, 04:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: The picture is less of a bother to me because he was a comedian.  It looks like something one of my friends would do in jest.
(11-16-2017, 06:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, let's be clear, there are around 16 (IIRC) women who have accused Trump of sexual assault, and the distasteful comments were describing what can be seen as sexual assault and him taking part in it.

Yeah, I only focused on the comments cause someone else referenced them (and only them).

(11-16-2017, 06:50 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Did she just see this picture a few days ago?

No. According to her story, she saw it at the end of the tour. She's only speaking out about it now, most likely because of all the other people coming forward and telling their stories.
(11-16-2017, 06:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering that most women I know (even those with great senses of humor) would not take too kindly to someone pretending to fondle them while they slept, you'll excuse me if I don't believe you.

I didn't bring Trump into this. Someone else did and they only referenced the "grab 'em by the ----" comments hence why I only spoke about what he said and not his other accusations.

The photo IS sexual assault, at least according to the United States Justice Department:
https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault

I think the average person would define pretending to touch one's private parts as "sexual behavior".

Oh, I don't know some of these seem to be in a similar vein:

Believe what you want. I haven't defended him. I said I got where he thought the photo was funny and I know people who would do that and everyone would laugh. That's not saying HE can do it with HER.

Thanks.
(11-16-2017, 06:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Believe what you want.  I haven't defended him.  I said I got where he thought the photo was funny and I know people who would do that and everyone would laugh. That's not saying HE can do it with HER.

Thanks.

I don't believe the woman. This is the Trump Deep State and the right wing press trying to take down a good man.
(11-16-2017, 06:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Believe what you want.  I haven't defended him.  I said I got where he thought the photo was funny and I know people who would do that and everyone would laugh. That's not saying HE can do it with HER.

Thanks.

For the record, I just threw that one in there to mess with you. ThumbsUp