Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Franken Accused of Sexual Assault
(11-16-2017, 11:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I read it. He gave reasons then said his reasons didn’t matter.

That's a real hot take there.

Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/12/al-franken-isnt-sorry-about-that-rape-joke-he-apologized-for/
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-16-2017, 11:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/12/al-franken-isnt-sorry-about-that-rape-joke-he-apologized-for/

Another hot take. Not about what he said today.  Thanks.
(11-16-2017, 11:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Another hot take. Not about what he said today.  Thanks.

Wife not letting you watch the game or something?

Actually it’s exactly about what he said today. Are you sure you read his apology?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-16-2017, 11:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I read it. It was linked here a couple hours ago. He gave reasons then said his reasons didn’t matter.  He says he respects women. He doesn’t. Do the men he doesn’t like because they don’t respect women get to declare that they do?

Reading the comments on Franken's FB page is all one needs to do to see the hypocrisy of the liberal. Apparently if you grope a woman and force her to kiss you it's "Ok" if you say you're sorry and don't respect a man that would do such things.

Franken is in full recovery mode now and I find it to be laughable. I will say just as I applauded the GOP establishment for condeming Moore if allegations are true I applaud the Dem establishment for doing the same. It's the supporters that appear to be hypocritical in the matters.

Al better hope that another woman does not come forward or more photos are revealed if he wants to have any future in politics. Perhaps Moore will get elected and then selected to head up the ethics investigation on Franken and once that concludes Franken can head up the Moore investigation. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-16-2017, 11:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wife not letting you watch the game or something?

Actually it’s exactly about what he said today. Are you sure you read his apology?

Are you sure you read the right article?
Quote:12:15 PM 06/12/2017
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reading the comments on Franken's FB page is all one needs to do to see the hypocrisy of the liberal. Apparently if you grope a woman and force her to kiss you it's "Ok" if you say you're sorry and don't respect a man that would do such things.

Franken is in full recovery mode now and I find it to be laughable. I will say just as I applauded the GOP establishment for condoning Moore if allegations are true I applaud the Dem establishment for doing the same. It's the supporters that appear to be hypocritical in the matters.

Al better hope that another woman does not come forward or more photos are revealed if he wants to have any future in politics. Perhaps Moore will get elected and then selected to head up the ethics investigation on Franken and once that concludes Franken can head up the Moore investigation. 

Currently over a dozen have accused Trump so two might  not end his career.
(11-16-2017, 11:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Currently over a dozen have accused Trump so two might  not end his career.

Yeah, I blame Trump too. 

Quote:Franken added that he publicly apologized for the jokes after it became clear they bothered women voters in the state of Minnesota. “I learned that campaigns have their own rules, they own laws of physics, and that if I wasn’t willing to accept that, I would never get to be a senator,” Franken said.

But he’s for reals now.

(11-16-2017, 11:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But he’s for reals now.

Great thought there.  Article wasn't about today.  Thanks.
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are you sure you read the right article?

You mean because it was all the way back in June?

(11-16-2017, 11:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Great thought there.  Article wasn't about today.  Thanks.

Are you doing this on purpose?

(11-16-2017, 11:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you doing this on purpose?

Not correcting you?  Yes.  You are more than allowed to have your thoughts on his apology.
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reading the comments on Franken's FB page is all one needs to do to see the hypocrisy of the liberal. Apparently if you grope a woman and force her to kiss you it's "Ok" if you say you're sorry and don't respect a man that would do such things.

Franken is in full recovery mode now and I find it to be laughable. I will say just as I applauded the GOP establishment for condoning Moore if allegations are true I applaud the Dem establishment for doing the same. It's the supporters that appear to be hypocritical in the matters.

I think you mean condemning, not condoning.
(11-17-2017, 12:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think you mean condemning, not condoning.

I did. Thanks

I have to say this one surprised me. Weintstein was well known, Jeremy Piven was no surprise. Roy Moore sounds like a total creeper. Franken always struck me as a staid intellectual type who wouldn't be cool with these types of actions. Honestly, I'm disappointed

As an aside, the fact that she consented to a stage kiss does not in any way mitigate his sticking his tongue in her mouth. Anyone trying to excuse his actions in this regard is on very shaky moral ground.
(11-16-2017, 02:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This going back and forth from both sides trying to get one another on these type of allegations won’t end well.

As for Al Franken...... not really much of an excuse given the photo.

Trying to get one another? You think all these woman are being paid by the opposition to make false claims of sexual assault or harassment?

I think if anything, it shows how pervasive the problem is and it is normal for the victims to wait years before telling anyone what happened.
(11-17-2017, 12:19 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trying to get one another?  You think all these woman are being paid by the opposition to make false claims of sexual assault or harassment?

I think if anything, it shows how pervasive the problem is and it is normal for the victims to wait years before telling anyone what happened.

I blame the movie Footloose.

Before all that dancing was allowed, no one ever had evil sexual thoughts.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I heard that Franken had gotten the phone number of a woman from a producer of a show to harass her back in 2000 or 2001 after an argument the two were in on the show which continued back stage. The woman thought it was over when they went their separate ways only to have him call her and harass her later, lol. I guess he didn't like losing arguments to woman.

As for inappropriate male behavior against females of any kind, it should be stopped and depending on the offense, the appropriate actions should be taken. The flood gates are open and no man is safe if that man was/is a pig. Those men deserve what's coming to them, let their lives be turned upside down.

Appropriate actions would be from
Complimenting a woman's outfit, saying something like "You look nice" would get a "Don't compliment woman anymore" all the way up to rape where the guy gets life in prison and has to pay restitution. If a woman falsely accuses a man, the punishment is reversed. 

This goes for if a woman is inappropriate towards a man as well.

If anyone rapes a child, that person dies a slow agonizing death, and I'm against the death penalty.
Did you see how surprised Franken was when that person caught him what appears to look like touching that womans breast, although its hard to tell if he actually was touching her. Is it groping if you don't make contact?

That girl was on Jack Tapper yesterday crying, recalling what supposedly happened during the dress rehearsal.  10 years ago.
Its a setup by right wing hate group to take the heat off of Roy Moore and Bush Sr.
They came across that picture and told her to put a story to it.  You'll see her on Fox shortly in her new position. They should make all these people take polygraph test.
She looks real upset with Frankin alright.

[Image: 8t5ak9p95l2ycl06g.jpg]