Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Erickson
(08-18-2016, 11:39 PM)Sweetness513 Wrote: Tate has been showing up pretty good so far this training camp. Minus that one punt return, he has looked just as good as Erickson but done it against starters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Tate fan, but this has been his best preseason so far. 

Niw if you were going for someone over peerman I would be on board completely. Or Tate from a year or two ago. 

Then comes week 1 and he magically morphs into someone that would get cut from my old high school football team... and we sucked.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 11:39 PM)Sweetness513 Wrote: Tate has been showing up pretty good so far this training camp. Minus that one punt return, he has looked just as good as Erickson but done it against starters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Tate fan, but this has been his best preseason so far. 

Niw if you were going for someone over peerman I would be on board completely. Or Tate from a year or two ago. 

Yeah, his digging out that low screen pass on the first drive turned out to be a 4 point swing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Erickson showed amazing vision on that PR tonight. And again, just like with the TD last week, a would-be-tackler bounced off of him. Erikson wasn't taking this one to the house tonight because it was up the middle and the Lions' coverage team didn't completely break down. He got funneled into the punter and the guy made a good play. Still, he found a seam and got through it for about as much as he could get.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2016, 07:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here brother, simply do not have the dough at the momento.

Either way, i think either one will add great depth to the position which i was questionable about before the first Preseason game.

Great news. Just need to have everyone healthy once the Ford Field cloud clears...

Not trying to squeeze money out of you, but just to let you know, and everyone else on here, that this is the time of the year that Direct TV "makes hay. 

A year ago, I was at Sam's and gave a young lady the opportunity to explain the promotion behind Direct TV.  I had Time Warner, and had already switched to AT&T U-verse (largely because of a promotion, that it was wireless, and the fact that I hated Time Warner from a Customer Service standpoint).  She proceeded to tell me the "special", which included a ton of movie channels, the NFL Network, and WAY more DVR capacity...but still wireless.  

On the wireless thing, I like to take a 40" HD outside on a stand I made by the outdoor fireplace and watch Reds games, movies, etc.  It is pretty cool and you need almost no devices...the "box" is like 1"x 4"x5".  And I have a couple outlets on the back of the fireplace.  

Direct TV also has a 4K box (I have one of those in the basement for movies, and BENGALS FOOTBALL.  The more shows that come out in 4K, it will be set up for that, but for now there is very little to no 4K programming, but movies looks amazing.

Back to "the deal".  She was very open and honest with me and told me how once the promotion ends (1 year), most people will cancel the movie channels and move to the channel package that better suits them so the price stays pretty similar.  Despite how everyone raves about the Red Zone channel, I don't need it.  I'm not big in fantasy football and my interest beyond the Bengals or whoever is playing the steelers wanes.  Of course I watch the other games on primetime and the later games, but I don't salivate over the Red Zone channel.  

Regardless, I saved money every month over what I had with both Time Warner and AT&T.  And the channels don't have that annoying non-HD and HD channels, they simply are in HD if they are broadcast in HD.  No black bars on the side of the picture that my wife could seemingly never figure out to go to the 1000s to get HD channels.  

Since AT&T acquired them, you can have significant savings if you bundle your internet and home phone as well.  They threw in a $250 gift card to Sam's for joining! 

No, I don't work for them but I am one happy customer.  
Reply/Quote