Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Smith worth a 3rd round pick+player
The Chiefs have reached an agreement to trade QB Alex Smith to the Redskins. While the final deal may be worth more according to Schefter there is at least a 2nd round pick involved. Smith has agreed in principle to a new 5 year deal with the Redskins. Nothing will be finalized until the new league year Mar 14.

That takes the Redskins off any potential landing spot for McCarron and sets the QB bar for trade purposes.

updated: 3rd round pick + unidentified player

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:14 AM)pally Wrote: The Chiefs have reached an agreement to trade QB Alex Smith to the Redskins.  While the final deal may be worth more according to Schefter there is at least a 2nd round pick involved.  Smith has agreed in principle to a new 5 year deal with the Redskins.  Nothing will be finalized until the new league year Mar 14.

That takes the Redskins off any potential landing spot for McCarron and sets the QB bar for trade purposes.

Schefter updated and said it's now a third rounder and an unidentified player. 
Reply/Quote
Wow what a dumbass move by the Chiefs just a dumbass move. A 3rd rd pick for that guy wow what a stupid GM. A first should have been given up. Sam Bradford got a first and a third.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Wow what a dumbass move by the Chiefs just a dumbass move.  A 3rd rd pick for that guy wow what a stupid GM. A first should have been given up. Sam Bradford got a first and a third.

True, but they did save a boatload of money. Depends on the unidentified player though. I wonder who it is?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So can the Bengals trade McCarron to the Browns now?
Reply/Quote
Waiting to see who the player is before judging this. 3rd is pretty low.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So can the Bengals trade McCarron to the Browns now?

If Smith is only worth a 3rd then I’d hate to imagine what we could get for McCarron. I’d just keep him as a cheap backup if he didn’t bring back at least a 2nd
Reply/Quote
Kendall Fuller is the player. Apparently he is a pretty good slot corner.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So can the Bengals trade McCarron to the Browns now?

No... They're gonna sign Kirk Cousins.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 01:40 AM)jason Wrote: No... They're gonna sign Kirk Cousins.

If the Browns do that then we better get this line fixed in a hurry. They trade for Cousins and draft Barkley and they are going to get better damn quickly.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Wow what a dumbass move by the Chiefs just a dumbass move. A 3rd rd pick for that guy wow what a stupid GM. A first should have been given up. Sam Bradford got a first and a third.

Just because one team overpaid out of desperation doesn’t mean that’s going to be the going rate moving forward. The Chiefs obviously want more than just a ‘game manager’ and must think they have their guy in Mahomes. So they got what they could for Smith.

Reply/Quote
AJM to Cleveland may actually happen. Hopefully he team wins and he is restricted
Reply/Quote
Think this has been the plan for a while, they just needed a partner. They have a handful of larger contracts that need to be done and Smith was going to be $17 million. This gives them a little breathing room, cap-wise.

I think Smith's ok. Not sure if he's $17 million-ok or just ok.
Reply/Quote
Good trade for Chiefs. Fuller will be a starter at CB and a third rounder for someone not in their plans.

The bad news: The Redskins inexplicably gave him a boatload of money in an extension.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Wow what a dumbass move by the Chiefs just a dumbass move.  A 3rd rd pick for that guy wow what a stupid GM. A first should have been given up. Sam Bradford got a first and a third.

Wow this guy is a dumbass wait for the whole move to be announced before you comment. They got Fuller you full a top 5 CB in the game.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 01:40 AM)jason Wrote: No... They're gonna sign Kirk Cousins.

Nah he is going to Denver.
J24

Reply/Quote
I see Gruden as the idiot in all of this.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I see this as a good deal for both teams given the circumstances. Obviously the Redskins would have been better off signing Cousins years ago but Alex Smith is just as good. The Chiefs just got an elite upuncoming corner in Fuller with a third Rd pick. Redskins get a Franchise QB and the chiefs get a top 10 CB. Win Win.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 01:52 AM)Benton Wrote: Think this has been the plan for a while, they just needed a partner. They have a handful of larger contracts that need to be done and Smith was going to be $17 million. This gives them a little breathing room, cap-wise.

I think Smith's ok. Not sure if he's $17 million-ok or just ok.

Not sure if he is worth $17 million or not either. 

But he absolutely is worth a 3rd round pick all day and a player.   As long as that player is not a a major player.   

Believe Gruden will improve him as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't really think this sets a bar for anything. Alex Smith is 34 years old, and that certainly plays a role in the 3rd round price tag. The presence of 1st round pick Pat Mahomes and very public rumors that Smith was to be traded certainly hurt the Chiefs leverage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote